Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 03-29-2012, 07:47 PM
FNG

I carry an MP45fs both on and off duty and a Ruger LC9 as my backup. I also own an MP45c, MP40c, and an MP9pro. I am about to purchase an MP40pro. I own a couple of Glocks and they are good firearms for what they are. But I believe there are much better firearms on the market currently. I also own an XD45, but have had several problems with it and hate the additional muzzle flip it produces as compared to an MP or Glock. I am a huge 1911 lover, but you asked about polymer guns...

Old 03-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Hotrodder

3388, one of my bosses purchased one of those ruger 22s recently. He's only shot it once but seems to really like it. I can't see me buying any .22 any time soon that isn't either a MKII/III/IV or that sweet little Sig Mosquito or some kind of .22/.22mag wheel gun.

The Ruger LC9 is super practical but it felt kinda cheap to me. The frame seems like toy plastic, and the overall finish of the gun just seems lower quality to my relatively inexperienced eye. I'm kinda digging the SIG P290 for a deep concealment gun. The Kahr's (CM9/PM9) review nicely but are rather spendy. Same for the Sig P238. I really wish I could trust the good reviews over the nightmare reviews of the Diamondback DB9 cause I really like the looks and dimensions of it but the bad reviews are really discouraging. The P290 is shorter in length and height than the LC9.

Jeepman, thanks for your input. Your report is more in line with most others I've read about the M&P. Wonder why Jordan has such issues with his? A co-worker said his military buddy reports that the barrels don't last even a 1/3 as long as the glocks before having to be replaced. He didn't say what they started doing to require replacement though. I suppose sporadic accuracy is lost after a barrel has fatigued?

SOLD02 Chevy 2500HD D/A EC SB LS
SCIII & X-Case brace by MA, Team Salad tuning & Trippin's DSP5, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust, Fumoto Valve, partially debadged, Rhino Bed Liner, SuperDiesel Intake Manifold and Ported Turbo Inlet

1983 GMC K30 CC SHORT BED
Awaiting Dmax/Allison Chassis Swap

Old 03-29-2012, 09:31 PM
Hotrodder

I like the feel of the gun and weather permiting I will go sight it in tomorrow. I had been trying to buy one for the last 2 months but no one here has been able to get any. I drove over to Houston to get it and the sight came in today.
I have a Baby Eagle sub compact 9MM that I really like but it is too large to carry.

2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali Crew Cab. Flo Pro 4" full delete exhaust, EGR blocked, S&B Intake, PPEI tuned.

2006 Silverado ECSB LBZ Suncoast Stage 3 w/ ML Converter Allison Deep pan, EFI Live DSP5, Castflow Manifolds, Profab up pipes with Blocker plate, Profab VVT Downpipe, Profab egr delete, MBRP 4 exhaust, Air Dog 100 with shimmed FPRV, S&B intake, Isspro Gauges, Sleeves, All Seasons centerlink brace, Rancho 9000 shocks, Sulastic Shackles, Boulder H2s, BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A 265/70-17

Died 12/4/2013 RIP

Semper Fi
Old 03-29-2012, 09:40 PM
FNG

The 9fs has been having problems with weak lock up for a while causing accuracy issues. The other models are very accurate. The 45 pictured has around 35k rounds through it as it sits. I had to replace the locking block last month, but other than that it has only had regular maintenance. The locking block developed a crack that I did not notice till I tore it down for cleaning. The firearm never hiccuped at the range and I continued to carry/shoot it while I waited on the new locking block from Smith and Wesson. It took 10 minutes to swap and now is good as new. I have had the 45fs since they came out in 2007. A lot of people who complain about the M&Ps have never or do not own one and are just regurgitating what they have read online. I have owned 7 so far and have had no issues. I have owned 4 Glocks over the years and I did have a 1st gen .40 cal failure with factory ammo, luckily I was not injured. However, it took me a few years to shoot another one, and the two in the safe now are 9mm.

I have the feeling the loss of accuracy is not the barrel, but weak lock-up getting worse as recoil springs and other items wear. It is VERY unlikely that the lands and grooves of a traditional handgun barrel would be worn out pre 100k rounds. Handgun rounds are much lower chamber pressures an velocities as compared to a rifle barrel do they tend to last a long time. Now the pistols around them is a different story...
Old 03-30-2012, 05:30 AM
Hotrodder

Thanks again.

SOLD02 Chevy 2500HD D/A EC SB LS
SCIII & X-Case brace by MA, Team Salad tuning & Trippin's DSP5, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust, Fumoto Valve, partially debadged, Rhino Bed Liner, SuperDiesel Intake Manifold and Ported Turbo Inlet

1983 GMC K30 CC SHORT BED
Awaiting Dmax/Allison Chassis Swap

Old 03-30-2012, 05:41 AM
shootin for 13's

I'm almost 90% certain I am going to purchase a M&P 40 Pro

But I was curious if anyone has had first hand experience with some of the new (current) Walther guns. I hear they have an incredible trigger
Suspension:|265/75/16 Yokohoma Geolander AT/S|PYO's|leveled|Bilstein 5100's|
Misc Mods:|Edge CTS|EGR Blocker|PCV Reroute|Resonator Cap|spray in liner|UWS Deep Well Toolbox|Westin Step Bars|Torque Drive|
to be installed:|Pump Rub fix|
Wishlist...:|window tint|
performancetruckproducts.com
atptrucks.com
Old 03-30-2012, 06:52 AM
Hotrodder

Default Glock

I have a Glock model 21 in .45 and a Springfield XD in .40. I have shot lots out of each gun. I like the feel of the XD better in my hand. Holding my Glock is like having a 2x4 in my hand. I will tell you this that when shooting both the Glock hands down shoots much better than the XD. My Glock 21 drives nails! Or should I say bowling balls!

My vote is for Glock!

The LB7 -Limitless Built Trans 6 Speed Drum - Precison ML Converter - DHD Lockup Controller - Fass 150 - Stock Turbo - Stock Fuel - EFI DSP5 Tuning by me.

16 Denali......Stock for now.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:29 AM
Hotrodder

By polymer, do you imply striker fired?

2006 EXcab greystone metalic LBZ auto meter z-series boost and pyro/ EGR fingered and blocked/ Transgo JR- transynd/BD lift pump/ PPE hot+2/ Firestone destination Mt265/75/16

Old 07-03-2017, 11:38 AM
Hotrodder

Walter has always had nice guns. I had a hard time choosing between them and the Smith and Wesson MP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.