Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 09-18-2019, 01:16 PM
Hotrodder

Default Website

Will the website be back up and running sometime? Or are the Russians still emailing?

Marine Veteran
Old 09-25-2019, 08:00 AM
don't know sh!t about IFS

Tony, i see the fb page is gone and the website is still not up? did the hackers really get that far into you?
James

02 LB7, LLY, LBZ, LMM, LML, L5P 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 09-25-2019, 08:46 AM
The Still Master

The site host was a small company with very good service, but they utilized one style web cart only (ZENCART) and that worked "OK" and was good for a few years, but was just was not mobile friendly, and I made a decision after the last Denial of Service attack on my page on 09-16-2019 to take it offline, cut my ties with said host, and not have a web store of any kind at the moment.

I grew tired of the 1000's of spam emails, and when I tightened up the email protocols many legitimate emails were being killed, which led to a lot of issues with many customers getting very irate that an email was not responded to in a timely fashion.

Given the situation the industry is in, its doubtful I will put any web store back online, I am close to my retirement goals, I might just say forget it............I like the idea of pushing a bunch of shopping carts back to the rack at COSTCO or WALMART in sunny SC, a mindless job with no stress and since we have nice weather here year round, I get to be outside and away from any ringing phones.

2016 Denali LML
-> STOCK-SOLD
2012 Denali LML - > STOCK-SOLD

2007 GMC "Classic", LBZ, SLE1 ,RC/LB,

12.525 at 107.07 - > SOLD

2002-GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE/CC/SB/4X4
12.65 fuel only, 12.00 on some N20
Retired 04/18/2009 -> SOLD

Old 09-25-2019, 08:50 AM
don't know sh!t about IFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC_2002_Dmax View Post
The site host was a small company with very good service, but they utilized one style web cart only (ZENCART) and that worked "OK" and was good for a few years, but was just was not mobile friendly, and I made a decision after the last Denial of Service attack on my page on 09-16-2019 to take it offline, cut my ties with said host, and not have a web store of any kind at the moment.

I grew tired of the 1000's of spam emails, and when I tightened up the email protocols many legitimate emails were being killed, which led to a lot of issues with many customers getting very irate that an email was not responded to in a timely fashion.

Given the situation the industry is in, its doubtful I will put any web store back online, I am close to my retirement goals, I might just say forget it............I like the idea of pushing a bunch of shopping carts back to the rack at COSTCO or WALMART in sunny SC, a mindless job with no stress and since we have nice weather here year round, I get to be outside and away from any ringing phones.

Well damn tony... sorry to see you leave the industry but glad you are going to reduce your stress. Dont be a stranger around here, we could always hear more on what you do with the vette!
James

02 LB7, LLY, LBZ, LMM, LML, L5P 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 09-25-2019, 06:20 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:

I was wondering as I have a customer that uses your tuning and was freaking out that you went off the grid. Lol then I had to explain what all has been going on in the industry... You arenít the only one, Tyler Radewald with Punisher Performance is stopping all sales on October 1st just as a precaution. Hope you enjoy your next endeavor!
Old 09-25-2019, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

If this is the case can you send everyone their tunes unlocked please??? LOL!!!

Really would suck to lose you as a tuner though...
Old 09-25-2019, 08:20 PM
FNG

Glad I got tunes from you while I still could.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:51 PM
Hotrodder

Bummer, you where one of the few tuners I recommend. I too hope you stick around here. I alway enjoy reading your experience and perspectives on things going on in the industry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.