Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 05-08-2018, 02:11 PM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman22 View Post
I hate to dig up an old thread, but any long term issues with the charger or the tuning from MotorOps? Any idea on you buddy with PPEI?
Sorry I missed this, Iím not real happy with motorops to be honest. Nothing really performance related but Iíve been back and forth with them for over 6 months to get little quirks worked out. Just small stuff like DEF quality poor message on start up, popping code P111D. Now it all seems to be worked out but they tell me on my 2013 in order to have my high idle switch functional they canít get rid of the hiss idle so it sits at 94% vane position at idle right now which is driving me nuts and they have no intention of fixing it. My buddy with PPEI is happy with his and no issues. I missed mark at UCC this weekend but talked to one of his guys so I will be calling to get it scheduled in to have him tune it shortly.
Old 05-08-2018, 03:01 PM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUwelder1212 View Post
Sorry I missed this, Iím not real happy with motorops to be honest. Nothing really performance related but Iíve been back and forth with them for over 6 months to get little quirks worked out. Just small stuff like DEF quality poor message on start up, popping code P111D. Now it all seems to be worked out but they tell me on my 2013 in order to have my high idle switch functional they canít get rid of the hiss idle so it sits at 94% vane position at idle right now which is driving me nuts and they have no intention of fixing it. My buddy with PPEI is happy with his and no issues. I missed mark at UCC this weekend but talked to one of his guys so I will be calling to get it scheduled in to have him tune it shortly.
This must be why mine sits at 94% at idle also, hate it. I have all in truck performance ecm tunes, and ridgerunner(Ben Tyler) bcm tunes to enable the high idle switch and other things. High idle still doesn't raise the idle though...

2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD CCSB 214k

5" Flo-Pro, All-in-Truck Performance Tunes, Fass 150. Mcgaughys 2" Drop Shackles, SDP Piping, Exergy 10mm cp3, SDP cp3 conversion.

SOLD!04.5 Silverado 2500hd ECLB LLY 192k
Old 05-08-2018, 06:25 PM
Gearhead

Quote:
I didnít know mark was tuning LMLís. Last I knew he stopped at LMM. I really liked his tuning on my LMM when I had it. If he is tunning them that would be great to know for when Iím able to get in another Dmax it might help me decide to get an LML instead of a used L5P when the day comes in a year or 2.
Cognito 4-6 lift
(Sold)

Awaiting new adventure
Old 05-09-2018, 07:24 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kheims View Post
I didnít know mark was tuning LMLís. If he is tunning them that would be great to know for when Iím able to get in another Dmax it might help me decide to get an LML instead of a used L5P when the day comes in a year or 2.
Maybe we should all STOP talking about tuning our trucks and contact companies directly? What happened to ATP can happen to anyone if we make it easy for the EPA...

My .02Ę
Old 05-09-2018, 09:55 AM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseRob View Post
Maybe we should all STOP talking about tuning our trucks and contact companies directly? What happened to ATP can happen to anyone if we make it easy for the EPA...

My .02Ę
Ok. Hereís my question. Why did they only go after Rob at this time. All these other tuning companies with a social media following of kids blowing smoke on the street and they stopped one of the best guys from doing some of the cleanest tuning. Idk seems kinda fishy to me. Trust me I saw all the post about that and it still seems wierd to me they have only stop them. I would think with the money the govt likes to throw away they would have went after all of them at once and we would have seen more post like that from all different tuners. But ur right maybe we should stop talking about it. Ok back on topic this got derailed. If u want to reply to me send it as a pm this was about turbos not tuning.
Cognito 4-6 lift
(Sold)

Awaiting new adventure
Old 05-09-2018, 03:01 PM
Hotrodder

They went after one of the bigger tuners first... This was also a few years in the making. The rest will go down as well. I agree, stop yapping about it on the webs and call directly
Old 05-09-2018, 04:13 PM
Billy The Kid

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
This must be why mine sits at 94% at idle also, hate it. I have all in truck performance ecm tunes, and ridgerunner(Ben Tyler) bcm tunes to enable the high idle switch and other things. High idle still doesn't raise the idle though...
Ohhh but there is a way to allow you to keep the high idle and the vanes open at idle and be 100% stable without issues.
Tuned by Unleashed Duramax Tuning
Crenshaw Ranch, LLC. 8LB7s, 7LLYs, 1LBZ , 2LMMs, 1L5P
Thanks to Evan@Limitless, yellowchevy, and Henry@COTNP
Old 05-10-2018, 05:01 AM
The Still Master

Quote:
They are missing about 10-15 vane control tables then.

I can get all your issues sorted..........

2007 GMC "Classic", LBZ, SLE1 ,RC/LB, 4x4
~Powered By "MOONSHINE"

12.525 at 107.07

2002-GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE/CC/SB/4X4~Powered By "MOONSHINE"
12.65 fuel only, 12.00 on some N20
Retired 04/18/2009...................SOLD 01/2014

Old 05-10-2018, 05:02 AM
The Still Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
it will if the ecm side of things is set up along with the correct BCM changes.

2007 GMC "Classic", LBZ, SLE1 ,RC/LB, 4x4
~Powered By "MOONSHINE"

12.525 at 107.07

2002-GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE/CC/SB/4X4~Powered By "MOONSHINE"
12.65 fuel only, 12.00 on some N20
Retired 04/18/2009...................SOLD 01/2014