Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 08-21-2018, 08:54 AM
Hotrodder

Oh man, I'm definitely more fond of the 69-72 front clip compared to the 67-68 but like you all, the 67-68 seem to be preferred more often? Meh, it's y'alls truck, do with it what you like! Either hood will be better than that one on it.

SOLD02 Chevy 2500HD D/A EC SB LS
SCIII & X-Case brace by MA, Team Salad tuning & Trippin's DSP5, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust, Fumoto Valve, partially debadged, Rhino Bed Liner, SuperDiesel Intake Manifold and Ported Turbo Inlet

1983 GMC K30 CC SHORT BED
Awaiting Dmax/Allison Chassis Swap

Old 08-23-2018, 05:09 AM
SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeShow View Post
Oh man, I'm definitely more fond of the 69-72 front clip compared to the 67-68 but like you all, the 67-68 seem to be preferred more often? Meh, it's y'alls truck, do with it what you like! Either hood will be better than that one on it.

To each their own. If i could squeeze a 69í grille in the 67í clip Id be doin alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4" MBRP TB AXLE DUMP, EFI IDAHO ROB, PPE RAIL PLUG, S&B AIR, PPE TRANS COOLER, FLEECE TRANS LINES, AIRDOGG 165, EDGE CTS, KRYPTONITE STEERING RODS AND KRYPTONITE IDLER, COGNITO STEERING BRACES, COGNITO DIFF MOUNT, BARS TURNED DOWN AND DROP SHACKLES ON REAR, ALL OTHER PM (REROUTES AND DELETES) PAINT PAINT PAINT

2004.5 LLY :SOLD 2/15
5" TB EXHAUST, FASS LIFT PUMP, PPE TUNE, PUMP RUB, MOUTHPIECE, PAINT PAINT AND PAINT

1978 CHEVY LUV MACHINE
PROBABLY THE BEST $700 INVESTMENT IVE EVER MADE

2006 CUMMINS MEGA CAB 48RE AUTOMAGIC
STOCK AF........
Old 08-23-2018, 05:13 AM

Just kinda in the parts list portion. Im kinda indecisive on one major thing.
Hard top
Or

This.....
https://www.softopper.com/jeep-suv-t...-blazer-gen-1a

Both would cost me about the same as far as restoring the shell. If i was going to keep the hard top i would make sure it was smoothed out and painted.

4" MBRP TB AXLE DUMP, EFI IDAHO ROB, PPE RAIL PLUG, S&B AIR, PPE TRANS COOLER, FLEECE TRANS LINES, AIRDOGG 165, EDGE CTS, KRYPTONITE STEERING RODS AND KRYPTONITE IDLER, COGNITO STEERING BRACES, COGNITO DIFF MOUNT, BARS TURNED DOWN AND DROP SHACKLES ON REAR, ALL OTHER PM (REROUTES AND DELETES) PAINT PAINT PAINT

5" TB EXHAUST, FASS LIFT PUMP, PPE TUNE, PUMP RUB, MOUTHPIECE, PAINT PAINT AND PAINT

1978 CHEVY LUV MACHINE

STOCK AF........
Old 08-23-2018, 05:16 AM
<thatís not me...

Hard top all the way bud. Nothing like that factory look. Although soft tops are nice for ease of removal.

Other toys:
1982 K10 6.2 Detroit diesel/sm465/np205 with 4 inch lift and 35s. Fixed and driving again
2011 Yamaha YFZ450X
2003 Yamaha YZ250
2003 Kawasaki Z1000
Old 08-23-2018, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakkb787 View Post
Hard top all the way bud. Nothing like that factory look. Although soft tops are nice for ease of removal.

Ive seen people make the tops look good but i cannot find a real solution to something that makes the old clamps and on the windshield and along the bedside obsolete.

Im leaning toward something similar to the new Rubicons and Wranglers. I know the Jeep have had their issues with sealing (we used to have a 13í wrangler) however they were user friendly and easy af.

1978 CHEVY LUV MACHINE

STOCK AF........
Old 08-27-2018, 06:30 AM

I was going to trailer it home yesterday but the brakes were toast and I brought a tilt deck with no winch so I decided against the gamble of it slowly driving off the trailer into the bed of my truck

So Iím gonna call a friend with a slide back and have it dropped off in my driveway. I know I could go fix the brakes but Iím sure this tow guy will probably charge me less than the likely cost of fixing the brakes, eventually it will get disc brakes on the rear and Iím going to try and get rid of the old booster for an updated hydrobooster.

1978 CHEVY LUV MACHINE

STOCK AF........
Old 09-01-2018, 12:29 PM

Got it up on the slide back and brought it home today!!
Pretty excited right now. Gotta finish a couple current projects that shouldnít take more than a couple more days. Doing an iPad dash in the Ram and also hydro dipping an AFE intake that I got for free! Buddy did a big single with a 2nd gen manifold so the AFE wouldnít jive anymore.

1978 CHEVY LUV MACHINE

STOCK AF........
Old 09-01-2018, 12:31 PM

I have done a lot of research on how to pull the tub which sounds silly youíd think ďjust disconnect everythingĒ but if you donít lift them correctly they will fold in half. So Iím just going to disconnect everything and slide some tubing under the tub and use a few jacks to bring it up high enough to build a cart for when the body work starts.

1978 CHEVY LUV MACHINE

STOCK AF........
Old 09-16-2018, 01:57 PM

Starting today. I had to make room in my shop loft for the front clip to reside while I work the frame and drivetrain.
I have to yank the front clip in order to raise the rub off the frame. There is a way to pull the whole front clip in about an hour with a cherry picker but I am forced to consolidate my clip in superstar pieces and I plan on sand blasting and painting every single part so I donít mind!

1978 CHEVY LUV MACHINE

STOCK AF........
Old 09-16-2018, 06:00 PM

1978 CHEVY LUV MACHINE

STOCK AF........
Old 10-02-2018, 05:48 AM

Default For My Dad

http://www.1972chevyblazer.com
When I say all out and cool this is kinda what Iím going for. Maybe not as modern but something with this kinda detail, whoever built this truck did and AMAZING JOB on the engine bay!

1978 CHEVY LUV MACHINE

STOCK AF........
Old 10-02-2018, 06:14 PM
Hotrodder

Link didn't work for me... -_-

SCIII & X-Case brace by MA, Team Salad tuning & Trippin's DSP5, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust, Fumoto Valve, partially debadged, Rhino Bed Liner, SuperDiesel Intake Manifold and Ported Turbo Inlet

Old 10-03-2018, 06:22 AM
Hotrodder

Default For My Dad

Be happy the link didnít work that truck looks like barf IMO.... They put a bunch of work into though and itís different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:51 AM
Hotrodder

It opened today... I like most of it, especially the new interior & drive train in the old wrapper, but that top and back cover thing is an absolute abomination to that Blazer.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:05 AM
don't know sh!t about IFS

is that hard top the twin wall or the thick single wall? if its the twin wall, ditch it and go soft top. if its the thick single wall, fix it and use it. the single walls are the sought after ones.
James

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4