Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 09-27-2019, 07:44 PM
FNG

I'm running the same clutch with the same size lift and tires, mine shudders on take off also, most of the time it's not much though. If I slip the clutch some taking off it's a lot smoother, but I hate driving a manual that way.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:11 PM
Gearhead

Thanks for your feedback!I got some traction bars to see if it will help but haven't had the time to weld them in. But I'm used to it now.its my passengers who think somethings broken

Edit: i like your truck!
2002 ccsb,zf6,SB org dual disc,3" mbrp dp,4" mbrp exh, exhaust brake,s&b intake,ported airhorn,p&p ihi w/wetzel wheel,ppe boost valve and rail plug,ad 165,lml manifold,arp studs,lift bags,4" rancho lift,35's
Old 09-28-2019, 12:42 PM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcdewitt View Post
i like your truck!
Thanks!

You'll have to update this once you get your traction bars installed, I've been thinking about building some for my truck, but I'm concerned it will stiffen the ride up too much.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:58 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Jammer View Post
I'm running the same clutch with the same size lift and tires, mine shudders on take off also, most of the time it's not much though. If I slip the clutch some taking off it's a lot smoother, but I hate driving a manual that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcdewitt View Post
Thanks for your feedback!I got some traction bars to see if it will help but haven't had the time to weld them in. But I'm used to it now.its my passengers who think somethings broken

Edit: i like your truck!
Dang, that's not what I wanted to hear ... I haven't finished getting mine back together yet, but my lady is already rolling her eyes at the truck and she hasn't even rid in it yet. That's not going to help my case.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:10 PM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl0w3n View Post
Dang, that's not what I wanted to hear ... I haven't finished getting mine back together yet, but my lady is already rolling her eyes at the truck and she hasn't even rid in it yet. That's not going to help my case.
my old lady can drive it,its ok. She giggles every time she tries to get in with no side steps think I'll keep her for a while. I just wish she wouldn't scream when the tires break loose at freeway speeds

The shudder isn't noticeable 80% of the time.
2002 ccsb,zf6,SB org dual disc,3" mbrp dp,4" mbrp exh, exhaust brake,s&b intake,ported airhorn,p&p ihi w/wetzel wheel,ppe boost valve and rail plug,ad 165,lml manifold,arp studs,lift bags,4" rancho lift,35's
Old 10-10-2019, 05:11 PM
Gearhead

And when i rework my airbag mounts so theres room for the bars i will get back GJ
Old 10-13-2019, 08:54 PM
Hotrodder

Right on.

There’s still a long ways to go to finish out the “build” on my truck, but eventually that will include an anti-wrap bar.

For now I just want to get the thing running and driving so I can start saving up for the next phase, suspension.