Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 09-14-2018, 07:51 AM
Gearhead

Default Looking for pointers

So dad bought a 2011 lml and on the first drive after getting it home the check engine light, emission light, and see dealer message all came on. Setting egr code, can't remember the code now. So we had plans of removing all the crap on it and do my own tuning so no big deal went to pull the file out and learned it ain't that easy. So after researching I found out why and what needed done and a few hours later I found terminators link to his truck stop post and found a good base file that had all matching os. So after looking through the file I don't see the option to turn off dtcs. I found most of what I think I need just no dtc. Any advice on where to find them, or is that step not needed. Thanks for the help guys
Old 09-14-2018, 10:06 AM
don't know sh!t about IFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylon333 View Post
So dad bought a 2011 lml and on the first drive after getting it home the check engine light, emission light, and see dealer message all came on. Setting egr code, can't remember the code now. So we had plans of removing all the crap on it and do my own tuning so no big deal went to pull the file out and learned it ain't that easy. So after researching I found out why and what needed done and a few hours later I found terminators link to his truck stop post and found a good base file that had all matching os. So after looking through the file I don't see the option to turn off dtcs. I found most of what I think I need just no dtc. Any advice on where to find them, or is that step not needed. Thanks for the help guys
if you have the most recent EFI Live update and live in the states, you wont be able to do deletes with EFI Live.
James

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 09-14-2018, 11:28 AM
Gearhead

I have v7.5.16 I haven't updated it in a long time hoping I would be able to do still do them. But don't know if that actually worked