Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 09-05-2018, 09:05 AM
Collywobbler

Got this Lely done. Bought it from a friend in pretty bad shape. Made the ejector disc out of 1/4 thick stainless. Had the rest powdercoated except for the hopper. Painted it with a brush.

1993 GMC Sonoma 4WD V6 D.D.
Jesus Is The Only Way!
2002 RC/LB LB7~~Sold~~

Old 09-06-2018, 08:25 AM
Collywobbler

Brought the 4630 with me so I can go get new tires put on the back after work. Bad day Saturday with a stick and the right rear.
1993 GMC Sonoma 4WD V6 D.D.
Jesus Is The Only Way!
2002 RC/LB LB7~~Sold~~

Old 09-06-2018, 02:36 PM
misspeelleerr

coming home for parts run this morning see a vehicle parted at the end of a driveway with hazards on..driver is on the phone looking at the house found out late we made the call to 911... which I look see smoke coming out the around the garage door... drove around the guy up the driveway, started walking around the house, find a sliding bay window, look inside there was light smoke inside still had 20' visibility .., found an open door get inside clear the house for occupants, no hot doors except the garage to house door.. fire was still contained in the garage, call couple local people, found the tenant(works for couple local farm families, was actually hauling grain to cargil) and land owner(local big farm family) got them notified, checked back later found the wires to the dryer was arcing out had a 220/50A breaker.. never got updated to a 220/40A (newer dryers use less current) wouldn't surprise me if some 4 legged rodents has something to do with bare wires

not so exciting stuff.... got some parts for my c3500HD
99 FL60 8.3 12v 13sp
Quote:
smooth seas never made a skillfull salior
Old 09-06-2018, 05:55 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu795 View Post
coming home for parts run this morning see a vehicle parted at the end of a driveway with hazards on..driver is on the phone looking at the house found out late we made the call to 911... which I look see smoke coming out the around the garage door... drove around the guy up the driveway, started walking around the house, find a sliding bay window, look inside there was light smoke inside still had 20' visibility .., found an open door get inside clear the house for occupants, no hot doors except the garage to house door.. fire was still contained in the garage, call couple local people, found the tenant(works for couple local farm families, was actually hauling grain to cargil) and land owner(local big farm family) got them notified, checked back later found the wires to the dryer was arcing out had a 220/50A breaker.. never got updated to a 220/40A (newer dryers use less current) wouldn't surprise me if some 4 legged rodents has something to do with bare wires

not so exciting stuff.... got some parts for my c3500HD
Guy at work many years ago had something similar happen. Older plugs were more prone to the aluminum wire having issues. I think corrosion gets them.
EGR blocked. PCV rerouted. Resonator blocked (reinstalled for looks). Bladerunner installed. Dead kitty by MBRP (front pipe) and down tube replaced with the MBRP (heat wrapped from the turbo down to the front pipe).
Performax Gauges by ISSPRO in pod over mirror and overhead console (console pod by PPE). Mike L Transmission.
----Looking to do an onboard air with a set of truck air horns. Want Nathan K5LA's but not in the budget at the moment.----

06 GMC CCSB 2WD LBZ SLT package. Traded for '17 Denali

18 Denali CCSB 2500 4WD Mineral Metallic with Cocoa/Dark Sand Interior
Old 09-07-2018, 10:18 AM
pro-procrastinator

Playing transporter today

07 crew long classic- stolen
Old 09-07-2018, 12:40 PM
<<<IT WORKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by clrussell View Post
Playing transporter today

You Could drop that off at my house, I have always wanted one of those. Is it a auto or a Manual?
ATS Dual CP3, and S369, ARP 625 head studs and main studs, LBZ Rods, Delipped pistons, Hamilton valve Spring, 30 over injectors, 5in Turbo Back exhaust, ATS Transmission, Fass 150, and Running on Moonshine.
DIED AND NOW HAS BEEN RAISE FROM THE DEAD

1971 C10 Restoration/ProTouring Project, LBZ/4L80E Inprogress
Old 09-07-2018, 12:58 PM
pro-procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXX IT OUT View Post
You Could drop that off at my house, I have always wanted one of those. Is it a auto or a Manual?
Auto car. BLAST to drive

07 crew long classic- stolen
Old 09-07-2018, 05:48 PM
Hotrodder

We are now required to wear category 2 arc flash gear anytime we throw a knife switch, on or off. So to be on the safe side we fill our paperwork out in full ppe in case the paper bursts into flames
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rps20180907_174327.jpg (83.1 KB, 58 views)
Old 09-07-2018, 06:27 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZlml View Post
We are now required to wear category 2 arc flash gear anytime we throw a knife switch, on or off. So to be on the safe side we fill our paperwork out in full ppe in case the paper bursts into flames
Are those cut proof gloves? Paper can take a finger off if not careful. Also that tinted shield is nice so you don't get blinded by the light reflecting off the paper and trip causing you to fall into the switch gear.
EGR blocked. PCV rerouted. Resonator blocked (reinstalled for looks). Bladerunner installed. Dead kitty by MBRP (front pipe) and down tube replaced with the MBRP (heat wrapped from the turbo down to the front pipe).
Performax Gauges by ISSPRO in pod over mirror and overhead console (console pod by PPE). Mike L Transmission.
----Looking to do an onboard air with a set of truck air horns. Want Nathan K5LA's but not in the budget at the moment.----

Old 09-07-2018, 06:37 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawles2 View Post
Are those cut proof gloves? Paper can take a finger off if not careful. Also that tinted shield is nice so you don't get blinded by the light reflecting off the paper and trip causing you to fall into the switch gear.
If safety hears paper can cut a finger off we'll all be wearing leather gloves, all the time. Or they outlaw paper.. The part I like is the safety glasses worn under the face shield in this particular bag of ppe were so scratched you wouldn't be able to even find the switch let alone throw it..
Old 09-07-2018, 07:05 PM
Why do I keep doing this?

Maybe I missed it AZLML, but why do you have to wear that get-up in a warehouse?
"Kleshay" -- 2000 C5 Corvette -- the toy
"The Bigger Boat" -- 2011 Workhorse P700 - 6.0LS/Allison - what I drive at work

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!" -- mufflerguy (yb)
Old 09-07-2018, 07:15 PM
Randsburg Drifter

When I had my solar installed, one guy was wearing that when the panel was opened up. Nobody else was allowed around him.
White GMC 2003 2500HD D/A SLE/CC/SB 4x4] Bilstein 5100~Air bags~Autometer Gauges~33 BFG's~MBRP 4" Exhaust~SD tie rod sleeves~Cognito Braces~PPE high flow pick up~Fass 95 pump~Titan 52-gal.~Prodigy~New tranny 02/12/2015 Mike L. "Baby Frankenstein " w/Goerend converter w/ Mike L. tranny cooler and pump rub fix~6 speed tap shifter~Siege Engineering Anvil train horns(Very Loud)
New injectors as of 03/12/2010 @ 80k miles
Injectors started going again at 115k. 07/01/2013
06LBZ engine transplant from Russ @ RPM Motorsports~No more Lb7 injectors to replace
Old 09-07-2018, 07:34 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBac View Post
Maybe I missed it AZLML, but why do you have to wear that get-up in a warehouse?
It's an arc flash suit. Our new policy for flipping any knife switch on a 480v control cabinet is to be suited up. We had a panel blow the door off as it was energized at another site. We have about 15-20 control panels for all our various conveyance. Barriers must also be enforced for anyone not suited up around the cabinet. Standard practice for "high" voltage work.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:43 PM
Hotrodder

Nothing like doing a cam block seal on a dd15 in 106. Lol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Cold air intake
4" straight exhaust 6" tip
PPE boost valve
Glowshift gauges
Old 09-08-2018, 04:35 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZlml View Post
It's an arc flash suit. Our new policy for flipping any knife switch on a 480v control cabinet is to be suited up. We had a panel blow the door off as it was energized at another site. We have about 15-20 control panels for all our various conveyance. Barriers must also be enforced for anyone not suited up around the cabinet. Standard practice for "high" voltage work.
I missed it and did not get to see the pictures, but power plant I was working at was doing commissioning work and had something in the cabinet come loose. When they racked it back in, the feed fork (technical term here) bent and went directly to ground. Since it was on the incoming feed to the breaker, big light show. I think it was 1350V motor feed. Luckily they were following the PPE procedures and not even an arc flash burn was reported. Probably new undies were needed, but not even a recordable for safety. Following the rules does work for some things.