Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 07-22-2018, 12:34 PM
Hotrodder

At 200K and 13 years old, You may want to consider a New Radiator, a Water Pump, Thermostats, and replace the Fan Clutch as well.

I Would definitely do the plastic coupler lines coming off the Heater core! There always brittle on older trucks.

It would suck to do all that work only to have one of them fail on the next trip.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:52 PM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastBrick View Post
At 200K and 13 years old, You may want to consider a New Radiator, a Water Pump, Thermostats, and replace the Fan Clutch as well.

I Would definitely do the plastic coupler lines coming off the Heater core! There always brittle on older trucks.

It would suck to do all that work only to have one of them fail on the next trip.
Replaced water pump and t stats at 150k considering a new radiator and didnt think of heater connection. Great idea.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2018, 12:56 PM
Hotrodder

Its actually cheaper to purchase the hose with the connection at the dealer.

I was just at the dealer trying to get one last month and my parts guy pointed it out to me.

Hope that helps
Old 07-22-2018, 01:50 PM
Hotrodder

You may want to do an egg blocker plate and finger stick or tune it out. i think that and getting rid of the cat helped as much as anything. You may need to clean out the intake Y-Bridge and intake runners if you have not rerouted the PCV and blocked the EGR.

I would also change to the lower temp more aggressive Kennedy or Hayden fan.
EGR blocked. PCV rerouted. Resonator blocked (reinstalled for looks). Bladerunner installed. Dead kitty by MBRP (front pipe) and down tube replaced with the MBRP (heat wrapped from the turbo down to the front pipe).
Performax Gauges by ISSPRO in pod over mirror and overhead console (console pod by PPE). Mike L Transmission.
----Looking to do an onboard air with a set of truck air horns. Want Nathan K5LA's but not in the budget at the moment.----

06 GMC CCSB 2WD LBZ SLT package. Traded for '17 Denali

18 Denali CCSB 2500 4WD Mineral Metallic with Cocoa/Dark Sand Interior
Old 07-22-2018, 04:09 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy1925 View Post
My suggestion:

Put a lbz mouth piece on the turbo (goes between turbo and intake tube)

Clean the cooling stack (make sure you separate the intercooler from the radiator and pressure wash both in both directions)

Put a new fan clutch on, preferably a Kennedy engineering one that will kick on 20* sooner

New thermostats.

Keep the dexcool and change/fill it back up

While the radiator is out, change the little coolant hose between the fan pulley and coolant y pipe (gets missed a lot and you don’t want that blowing)

Between all that, you should see a decent drop in coolant temp assuming you are on stock tuning. If not, we gotta look other issues
Just start here, basics first.