Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
  #1  
Old 01-10-2018, 10:55 PM
mishlenn1986 mishlenn1986 is offline
FNG
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 7
Default duramax swap

Good evening guys
* please tell me if there is such an opportunity who can help me to make a wiring for connecting LML
I have the engine and the transmission ALLISON
If I understand correctly, I need to do this,
* all wiring including wiring for the transmission, unlocking the immobilizer (pinout of the control unit)
* gas pedal
* I would like everything to work without USR and DFP
*
I apologize in advance for my not very good grammar
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-10-2018, 11:33 PM
DAVe3283's Avatar
DAVe3283 DAVe3283 is offline
Heavy & Slow



 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Boise, ID, USA
Posts: 2,849

Default

If you are outside the US (sounds like you might be), than you can delete emissions with EFILive, I am told.

I don't think there is a standalone / theft delete tune for the LML yet, so you'll need a bunch of body modules to make it run.

Sadly, I haven't heard much about swapping with LMLs, but I know it has been done. Do you have access to the full donor vehicle?

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-11-2018, 07:47 AM
rfletes79's Avatar
rfletes79 rfletes79 is online now
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Galt, Ca 95632
Posts: 388
Default

The only company I know of that can do a LML standalone is dmaxswap.com. Speak to Adam, he will get you setup. I’ve seen their standalone LML running on a stand and in a swapped truck. There is a bunch involved making this happen.
__________________
j

1970 Chevelle Duramax Hot Rod, '04 LB7/TH400-gear vendor, S475/factory IHI, 65% inj, 10 mil pump, SoCal AF cam, Valve springs, Push Rods, LBZ rods..... 10 sec cruzer :-)

2002 2500HD LLY 6 speed ally conversion
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-11-2018, 10:12 PM
mishlenn1986 mishlenn1986 is offline
FNG
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 7
Default

good evening
I'm in California and with a friend we want to install this motor in his car, but on the Internet I have not found a detailed description of such projects. I'll try to contact these guys dmaxswap
but really here on the forum no one did anything like this
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-11-2018, 10:32 PM
RPM Motorsports's Avatar
RPM Motorsports RPM Motorsports is offline
smokinum

 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Central Valley Ca.
Posts: 3,239

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishlenn1986 View Post
good evening
I'm in California and with a friend we want to install this motor in his car, but on the Internet I have not found a detailed description of such projects. I'll try to contact these guys dmaxswap
but really here on the forum no one did anything like this
Going to be a fun project with many new curse words learned.. do you already have the LML? If not, itís much less work to use the LMM and older platform.
__________________
(Russ)
17 CC/SB L5P 4x4 High Country
73 RC/NB LBZ Nova Grocery getter
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-12-2018, 03:44 PM
mishlenn1986 mishlenn1986 is offline
FNG
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 7
Default

Yes, I already realized that this is not enough simply)) but the difficulties are not particularly frightening to find the main practice and people who have already done so.
The only thing I found is a Hummer hi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbiBmPMbXAk




or it's not that motor
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-12-2018, 03:52 PM
mishlenn1986 mishlenn1986 is offline
FNG
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM Motorsports View Post
Going to be a fun project with many new curse words learned.. do you already have the LML? If not, itís much less work to use the LMM and older platform.

Yes i have LML:смущенный:
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-12-2018, 03:57 PM
mishlenn1986 mishlenn1986 is offline
FNG
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 7
Default

Hi
No I do not have access to the vehicle from which this engine was removed (I understand that this would facilitate the task) A motor was purchased separately and a separate transmission electronic control unit as well
what other blocks do I need
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-12-2018, 07:59 PM
mishlenn1986 mishlenn1986 is offline
FNG
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 7
Default

I learned the details
LGH motor
GMC Savanna 2013
Transmission 4l80e
As I understand this motor is deformed and therefore goes with this transmission, I would be glad to receive the same
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-12-2018, 11:43 PM
THEFERMANATOR's Avatar
THEFERMANATOR THEFERMANATOR is offline
LEGALLY INSANE
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Posts: 3,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishlenn1986 View Post
I learned the details
LGH motor
GMC Savanna 2013
Transmission 4l80e
As I understand this motor is deformed and therefore goes with this transmission, I would be glad to receive the same
Should be a 6l90e behind the lgh. I believe 08 was the last year for a 4l85e.
__________________
1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-13-2018, 12:30 AM
heathgu heathgu is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sunshine Coast, QLD Australia
Posts: 134
Default LML Duramax swap.

LML swaps are a lot of work like everyone has said. We had the complete wiring harness when we start our conversions.

PPE are the only ones i know of that have a VATs module on the market. Check them out might help.

But you should listen to the above people. We spend over 2 weeks extra doing the LML (electrical/modules/programming) then we normally do for the 01-10 range of duramax engines.

What vehicle are you putting the LML into? We have few LML/Allisons into some vehicles here in Australia and we advise them of the extra $$$ involved and the extra time is not worth the future pain.. Plus we have not got the cruise control work as yet. If anyone here has got a lead on the cruise send me a pm (sorry for off topic)

Cheers Heath
__________________
Nissan GU patrol ute,
LBZ SOCAL Built Stroker Motor, MAHLE, CARRILLOS, STAGE 2 Heads, CAM, 14mm head studs, 100% sticks, etc.
6 speed/Allison
MIKE.L. Converter, COOLER, OILER, and other goodies.
.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-13-2018, 12:45 AM
mishlenn1986 mishlenn1986 is offline
FNG
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathgu View Post
LML swaps are a lot of work like everyone has said. We had the complete wiring harness when we start our conversions.

PPE are the only ones i know of that have a VATs module on the market. Check them out might help.

But you should listen to the above people. We spend over 2 weeks extra doing the LML (electrical/modules/programming) then we normally do for the 01-10 range of duramax engines.

What vehicle are you putting the LML into? We have few LML/Allisons into some vehicles here in Australia and we advise them of the extra $$$ involved and the extra time is not worth the future pain.. Plus we have not got the cruise control work as yet. If anyone here has got a lead on the cruise send me a pm (sorry for off topic)

Cheers Heath
Hummer h1
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-13-2018, 09:37 AM
rfletes79's Avatar
rfletes79 rfletes79 is online now
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Galt, Ca 95632
Posts: 388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathgu View Post
LML swaps are a lot of work like everyone has said. We had the complete wiring harness when we start our conversions.

PPE are the only ones i know of that have a VATs module on the market. Check them out might help.

But you should listen to the above people. We spend over 2 weeks extra doing the LML (electrical/modules/programming) then we normally do for the 01-10 range of duramax engines.

What vehicle are you putting the LML into? We have few LML/Allisons into some vehicles here in Australia and we advise them of the extra $$$ involved and the extra time is not worth the future pain.. Plus we have not got the cruise control work as yet. If anyone here has got a lead on the cruise send me a pm (sorry for off topic)

Cheers Heath
Dmaxswap.com has the VATS module as well. I've seen their LML standalone setup and speak to their harness guy weekly. I don't know if they got the cruise control working but would be worth talking to them since they are doing the LML standalone successfully.
__________________
j

1970 Chevelle Duramax Hot Rod, '04 LB7/TH400-gear vendor, S475/factory IHI, 65% inj, 10 mil pump, SoCal AF cam, Valve springs, Push Rods, LBZ rods..... 10 sec cruzer :-)

2002 2500HD LLY 6 speed ally conversion
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-13-2018, 07:30 PM
heathgu heathgu is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sunshine Coast, QLD Australia
Posts: 134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfletes79 View Post
Dmaxswap.com has the VATS module as well. I've seen their LML standalone setup and speak to their harness guy weekly. I don't know if they got the cruise control working but would be worth talking to them since they are doing the LML standalone successfully.
Cheers rfletes79, ill give them a call.
__________________
Nissan GU patrol ute,
LBZ SOCAL Built Stroker Motor, MAHLE, CARRILLOS, STAGE 2 Heads, CAM, 14mm head studs, 100% sticks, etc.
6 speed/Allison
MIKE.L. Converter, COOLER, OILER, and other goodies.
.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors