Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 04-10-2018, 03:17 AM
Going back to petrol

They’re still doing these? Just give the trophy to Lavon and don’t waste anyone else’s time.

Good luck to everyone from here. Hope all of your time and hard work pays off.
08 BMW 528xi
Alpine White • Brown Dakota Leather • Premium/Cold/Smoker Pkg • LED AEs • MTec D1S • 50% tint
2000 Buick Regal GS
Bright White • Lowered • Homemade CAI • 4500K HIDs • Supercharged • Beater
Old 04-10-2018, 05:14 AM
I like turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
Tom I’m sorry to hear you’re losing the “Diesel bug”
I’m sure a lot of it has to do with the fan base... it is sad though because when all the wise old guys leave we will be stuck with the Baca’s and Millard’s :/

Anyways back on topic
If Mark is lurking around on here I wonder how many trucks are tuned by him in the event? I saw he was a sponsor for Tony so I’m assuming that’s 1
Think he told me 4 trucks.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:15 AM
DMax Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne-max View Post
Think he told me 4 trucks.
Luke is correct, I currently have Tony B. and Mike Graves in the UCC with Luke and Ryan Pini in the Qualifier. I'm hoping we can see a good showing for the Dmax this year. Unfortunately I'm right there with Tom these days, I've lost a lot of patience for the drama and bs in this industry. Any free time I have anymore is spent on personal stuff. I love what I do(making hp and drag racing) but the drama makes it not fun to deal with. I just got my truck out the other day to get ready for an event this coming weekend and it was the first time I had even touched or looked at it since October. Forgot how much fun it was to drive but I definitely didn't lose any sleep over it either.
06 LBZ "White Lightning" 2wd rclb DP built motor Carillo, 15.25:1 "Finger" Oval Pistons w/reliefs, Socal Titanium upgraded springs on Stock heads w/Socal Billet injector holddowns,ARP, head-main-rocker studs,Soca Billet mains& Dampner, Chromoly pushrds, DP B72mmstg2R1VGT/StainlessDiesel S472/87 1.0SS triples, DHD Cast SuperHighflow intake, Exergy 14mmCP3 & 250%inj,Fass, PPE Race Valve PPE Manifolds, Banks Technicooler, AFE Boost tube, SC GMax6 Goerend "G" Grizzly Locker 3.42 gears, 1198+++hp 2k+ftlbs
Current fastest pass 1.520 60ft 6.705@108.95mph 1/8th 10.242@140.11mph
Current Standing 1/2Mile record holder for Diesel Pickup @ 159.8mph
Made it on fastest DMax list with Single VGT and single cp3 fuel only! 1.589 60ft 6.9291@103mph 1/8th 10.96@127.76mph
Stock motor best 11.277@119mph B68mmStg2R 250%inj 12mmcp3

Wife's tow rig-08 LMM SierraHD SLT2 "Stormy" CCSB murdered out 68mmSTG2R Exergy 12mmcp3 1/8th 7.93@88mph 1/4-12.408@109.18mph
06 GP GXP 5.3L StealthGray Metallic
http://www.danvilleperformance.com
http://www.youtube.com/markbroviakdp
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6K...?feature=watch
Mark@DanvillePerformance.com
Old 04-10-2018, 07:48 AM
Always learning

That’s awesome Mark! Hope them boys show that the Duramax Platform is definitely a contender

2005 2500 CC/SB "LLY" LTZ
Typical mods for Longevity
awaiting stuff to go BooM then replace with more go fast parts!

And a few other retired Duramax's
06 360k aka Hog truck
07 320k aka Shop truck
07 340k Flatbed spare welding rig
Old 04-10-2018, 07:49 AM
Always learning

Btw on the Drama... it’s everywhere now lol
I deal with it at work and all my hobbies! I blame Social media

2005 2500 CC/SB "LLY" LTZ
Typical mods for Longevity
awaiting stuff to go BooM then replace with more go fast parts!

And a few other retired Duramax's
06 360k aka Hog truck
07 320k aka Shop truck
07 340k Flatbed spare welding rig
Old 04-10-2018, 08:42 AM
hot rodder

What event is happening this weekend Mark
ccsb 20"fuel hostages, Danville s480 over Danville 68 stg 2r twins, exergy 12mm stroker pump, brian crower rods, 16:.5 fingers cast pistons,socal 3388 cam, MA moley push tubes, 150% over exergy squiters, and all studded

Tuned by Mark Broviak @ Danville Performance

IBEW 481
Screw it just money can't take it with you
Old 04-10-2018, 09:54 AM
yerp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBroviak View Post
Luke is correct, I currently have Tony B. and Mike Graves in the UCC with Luke and Ryan Pini in the Qualifier. I'm hoping we can see a good showing for the Dmax this year. Unfortunately I'm right there with Tom these days, I've lost a lot of patience for the drama and bs in this industry. Any free time I have anymore is spent on personal stuff. I love what I do(making hp and drag racing) but the drama makes it not fun to deal with. I just got my truck out the other day to get ready for an event this coming weekend and it was the first time I had even touched or looked at it since October. Forgot how much fun it was to drive but I definitely didn't lose any sleep over it either.

I love the trucks and helping people go fast but as a whole the diesel industry has become a whored out bro fest of retartedness. It all about who on Facebook with a Premier account can sell parts the cheapest. Ive enjoyed getting into the car world racing the Hellcat. It’s been a breathe of fresh air and made the day to day diesel thing tolerable.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:32 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan@LimitlessDiesel View Post
I love the trucks and helping people go fast but as a whole the diesel industry has become a whored out bro fest of retartedness. It all about who on Facebook with a Premier account can sell parts the cheapest. Ive enjoyed getting into the car world racing the Hellcat. It’s been a breathe of fresh air and made the day to day diesel thing tolerable.
You hit the nail on the head. Everybody things "Oh, if I sell parts I can be popular and maybe make a name for myself."

People today (general statement, nobody get butt hurt) wants to put in the time/effort to actually make it viable on an upstart. Sure there are those who actually care and want to help others but most new "diesel" shops are there just to help themselves build a truck once then never care.
-Built Motor, Bullseye Batmowheel S475/87/1.0 "Comp R75", Exergy 250% overs with "Redman" internal mods, Exergy 14mm street pump w/AN feed, Goerend "J" Converter, Built Trans, AD2 165, Beans Sump, E-Locker, TrueTrac, Yukon 4340 Shafts, Traction Bars, DHD Center Link Brace, DHD Lower Crossmember Support

Past Rides:
1) 2002 LB7 CCSB, Leather, Loaded
-New Bosch Reman Injectors, New LBZ CP3, FASS 150, RCD Sump, 3" MBRP Downpipe, 4" Downpipe Back w/ Muffler, Sleeves, DHD Centerlink Brace, DHD Lower Crossmember Support, Steering Wheel Radio Control Swap
Old 04-10-2018, 10:47 AM
DMax Junkie

Quote:
Couldn't agree more bud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdsankey View Post
You hit the nail on the head. Everybody things "Oh, if I sell parts I can be popular and maybe make a name for myself."

People today (general statement, nobody get butt hurt) wants to put in the time/effort to actually make it viable on an upstart. Sure there are those who actually care and want to help others but most new "diesel" shops are there just to help themselves build a truck once then never care.
No Doubt!!! Most of my calls these days seem to be people wanting us to clean up someone else's mess because they aren't happy with the end result and the people that created it won't give them the time of day once they got paid. Really makes me want to do something else honestly.
06 LBZ "White Lightning" 2wd rclb DP built motor Carillo, 15.25:1 "Finger" Oval Pistons w/reliefs, Socal Titanium upgraded springs on Stock heads w/Socal Billet injector holddowns,ARP, head-main-rocker studs,Soca Billet mains& Dampner, Chromoly pushrds, DP B72mmstg2R1VGT/StainlessDiesel S472/87 1.0SS triples, DHD Cast SuperHighflow intake, Exergy 14mmCP3 & 250%inj,Fass, PPE Race Valve PPE Manifolds, Banks Technicooler, AFE Boost tube, SC GMax6 Goerend "G" Grizzly Locker 3.42 gears, 1198+++hp 2k+ftlbs
Current fastest pass 1.520 60ft 6.705@108.95mph 1/8th 10.242@140.11mph
Current Standing 1/2Mile record holder for Diesel Pickup @ 159.8mph
Made it on fastest DMax list with Single VGT and single cp3 fuel only! 1.589 60ft 6.9291@103mph 1/8th 10.96@127.76mph
Stock motor best 11.277@119mph B68mmStg2R 250%inj 12mmcp3

Wife's tow rig-08 LMM SierraHD SLT2 "Stormy" CCSB murdered out 68mmSTG2R Exergy 12mmcp3 1/8th 7.93@88mph 1/4-12.408@109.18mph
06 GP GXP 5.3L StealthGray Metallic
http://www.danvilleperformance.com
http://www.youtube.com/markbroviakdp
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6K...?feature=watch
Mark@DanvillePerformance.com
Old 04-10-2018, 10:50 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBroviak View Post
Couldn't agree more bud!

No Doubt!!! Most of my calls these days seem to be people wanting us to clean up someone else's mess because they aren't happy with the end result and the people that created it won't give them the time of day once they got paid. Really makes me want to do something else honestly.

I can imagine, I have that happen at our auto shop quite often in regards to other work being done. We had an LBZ in here that was diagnosed and "fixed" by another shop claiming it needed a CP3, EGR delete, and intake but yet the problem was solved. The truck would not build proper rail pressure hot and they didn't check the simple things first. At the end of the day the truck was returning WAY too much fuel from the injectors.

Moral of the story is keep doing what you're doing, the business needs people like yourself and Evan who actually know what they are talking about to save the people who think Longhorn Fab does the best tuning on the planet.
-Built Motor, Bullseye Batmowheel S475/87/1.0 "Comp R75", Exergy 250% overs with "Redman" internal mods, Exergy 14mm street pump w/AN feed, Goerend "J" Converter, Built Trans, AD2 165, Beans Sump, E-Locker, TrueTrac, Yukon 4340 Shafts, Traction Bars, DHD Center Link Brace, DHD Lower Crossmember Support

Past Rides:
-New Bosch Reman Injectors, New LBZ CP3, FASS 150, RCD Sump, 3" MBRP Downpipe, 4" Downpipe Back w/ Muffler, Sleeves, DHD Centerlink Brace, DHD Lower Crossmember Support, Steering Wheel Radio Control Swap
Old 04-10-2018, 11:17 AM
I’m Done

Agree 100% with everyone. I think this will be my last year messing with my truck. Probably sell this summer. The culture is just crap these days. I went to the ATS Gauntlet event and was incredibly dissapointed (even with low expectations to begin with). I don't blame people for moving on. I was apart of another small niche platform and it suffered the same fate (3000gt/stealth). World is a changing.
SOLD — 04 GMC CCSB LLY l Mahle Pistons with reliefs l Carillos l ARP Studs l Socal Stg 2 Heads l Suncoast Trans with Billet Shafts l Danville 72vgt l Double Bat S483 l HSP Piping l 60% overs l II 85% over + LBZ CP3 l FASS 220 l DRP Sump l BT Lockup Box l Fabtech "Traction"/Axle wrap Bars l Mishimoto Intercooler l Zex Nitrous

Tuning by Wade at Diesel Day Dreams
Old 04-10-2018, 11:25 AM
I like turtles

Quote:
Nailed it. I don't care much about the performance side of my shop. It's the normal repairs that make us the money with a lot less head aches. With tax and overhead it's hard to push any parts now days.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:27 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne-max View Post
Nailed it. I don't care much about the performance side of my shop. It's the normal repairs that make us the money with a lot less head aches. With tax and overhead it's hard to push any parts now days.
Exactly!!!

My favorite thing is "Well so and so sells it for $XX.XX online, I'll just go buy it from there". Its like go ahead, I've gotta make money to keep these lights on. My time and reputation to back the product I sell you comes at a price.

Past Rides:
Old 04-10-2018, 12:13 PM
hot rodder

Yeah after I get the twins done and 12mm I'm done with my truck and like everyone else I'm moving on to the LS world
ccsb 20"fuel hostages, Danville s480 over Danville 68 stg 2r twins, exergy 12mm stroker pump, brian crower rods, 16:.5 fingers cast pistons,socal 3388 cam, MA moley push tubes, 150% over exergy squiters, and all studded

Tuned by Mark Broviak @ Danville Performance

IBEW 481
Screw it just money can't take it with you
Old 04-10-2018, 06:29 PM
<<<Future tuna killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionmax481 View Post
Yeah after I get the twins done and 12mm I'm done with my truck and like everyone else I'm moving on to the LS world

Diesels still make great tow riggs for LS powered hot rods. That's all mine is now, a slow, heavy pig that gets meh mileage. I'm going to try out the 2020 and if it fails to perform as well as my 2006 lbz I'm probably done entirely with them. The gas Riggs are just getting so much better I can't continue to justify it if they can't figure out the after treatments...

My 1500 LS is just soo much fun to drive and if I pop it, it's not 10k to fix it...
2010 GMC 1500 SCSB Denali Clone < lifted 22's/33's, Kooks, Magnaflow, 5.3, 6l80, TVS1900, lots of boost, Mayhem tuned, etc... <<<<Broken Under Construction : BTR boost cam, sodium valves, titanium springs, 15% overdriven balancer, 80lb squirters>>>>

1969 MGB GT MKII Factory Condition

2016 LML CCSB Denali < Lifted 22's/35's, Fox 2.0 < I officially need help.