Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 02-24-2018, 10:59 AM
<<<Future tuna killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1thackattack View Post
Where did you here about the l5p going away
A good source...

Actual date isnt so certain though...
2010 GMC 1500 SCSB Denali Clone < lifted 22's/33's, Kooks, Magnaflow, 5.3, 6l80, TVS1900, lots of boost, Mayhem tuned, etc... <<<<Broken Under Construction : BTR boost cam, sodium valves, titanium springs, 15% overdriven balancer, 80lb squirters>>>>

1969 MGB GT MKII Factory Condition

2016 LML CCSB Denali < Lifted 22's/35's, Fox 2.0 < I officially need help.
Old 02-25-2018, 05:18 AM
I like red

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-smokinlmm View Post
I was told l5p out and Mann diesel in with new 10 speed???

Ford also going diesel electric in 2021...
Why would GM ditch Duramax for a MAN diesel when it's proven to be successful?

RIP 4/1/17
06 LLY CCSB
Old 02-25-2018, 05:35 AM
<<<Future tuna killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin'GMC View Post
Why would GM ditch Duramax for a MAN diesel when it's proven to be successful?
No idea. Maybe it can't meet future emissions requirements is the only reasoning I can think of, caught me off guard for sure when he dropped that dime...
2010 GMC 1500 SCSB Denali Clone < lifted 22's/33's, Kooks, Magnaflow, 5.3, 6l80, TVS1900, lots of boost, Mayhem tuned, etc... <<<<Broken Under Construction : BTR boost cam, sodium valves, titanium springs, 15% overdriven balancer, 80lb squirters>>>>

Old 02-25-2018, 06:14 AM
Always learning

That makes absolutely no sense they just got done investing tons of money into the development of that motor and then retooling several factories to produce said motor
But.... crazier things have happed

2005 2500 CC/SB "LLY" LTZ
Typical mods for Longevity
awaiting stuff to go BooM then replace with more go fast parts!

And a few other retired Duramax's
06 360k aka Hog truck
07 320k aka Shop truck
07 340k Flatbed spare welding rig
Old 02-25-2018, 08:44 AM
Yes, its really me

I highly doubt itís true. People have been predicting the death of the Duramax since 2002. Lol. Everyone loves to act like they know something.... 🤪

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2009 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2010 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2011 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2012 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion

Big thanks to everyone who helps me.

Best 1/8th, 7.29, 98.6MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single Journal bearing GT42 charger) (2010)

Best 1/8th, 6.93, 104.24MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single HX60 turbo) (2016)

Best 1/8th, 6.60, 106.6MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single HX60 turbo) (2017)
Old 02-25-2018, 09:00 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA LLY View Post
I highly doubt itís true. People have been predicting the death of the Duramax since 2002. Lol. Everyone loves to act like they know something.... 🤪
Exactly, just think of all of the "predictions" for the current L5P. I can't recall anyone getting the HP and torque numbers right. People where saying 8 speed, etc. Just about everything was wrong.

The only ones right weren't saying anything until release

2006 BRM Jetta TDI. Injectors, turbo, Malone custom tuning on ecm and tcm
Old 02-25-2018, 12:13 PM
Diesel enthusiast

Yeah I highly doubt that they will get rid of the Duramax, I think it has been pretty successful for them. If its not broke dont fix it.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:35 PM
<<<Future tuna killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA LLY View Post

I knew what turbo for L5P...

Same information stream...

Old 02-25-2018, 03:29 PM
WTF!

I really wish they would just change a few of the features to at least catch up with ford. I dont really know how gm let themselves get so far behind. Wish they would spend less time trying to jump ahead on frames and body lines and look at the little things that sell these trucks. I appreciate the L5P as much as the next guy, but a few spare aux switches, maybe usable cargo light, DEF filler in better spot. Even the headlight bulbs in the silverados are lacking for a 60k$ truck. I could bitch all day i guess, but in the end, im so die hard gm that ill keep buying them...hell keep the truck exactly how it is in 2020, just catch up the interiors would be cool with me.

oh...ya round fender wells....cause you know...tires are round..

2017 Chevy "Sport" 2500hd CCSB ltz stocker

2006 Chevy LBZ - Deleted, 5" Magnaflow, Airdog II 165 4g.

2006 Chevy lbz LT ccsb 360,000 and counting..
5" exhaust, CAI...custom hail damage, peeling paint, etc...

2016 GMC 1500 slt 6.2ltr -wife's ride-

Sold
2016 Denali HD~tuned deleted
05 LLY CCSB~EPR compounds, cognito stuff, DDD Tuning, etc..

Old 02-26-2018, 06:51 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMax View Post
I really wish they would just change a few of the features to at least catch up with ford. I dont really know how gm let themselves get so far behind. Wish they would spend less time trying to jump ahead on frames and body lines and look at the little things that sell these trucks.
GM seem to be doing just fine, so I think they might know their market better then you. IE die hards that just keep buying them like you...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:09 PM
Gearhead

Quote:
I really wish they would just change a few of the features to at least catch up with ford. I dont really know how gm let themselves get so far behind. Wish they would spend less time trying to jump ahead on frames and body lines and look at the little things that sell these trucks. I appreciate the L5P as much as the next guy, but a few spare aux switches, maybe usable cargo light, DEF filler in better spot. Even the headlight bulbs in the silverados are lacking for a 60k$ truck. I could bitch all day i guess, but in the end, im so die hard gm that ill keep buying them...hell keep the truck exactly how it is in 2020, just catch up the interiors would be cool with me.

oh...ya round fender wells....cause you know...tires are round..
Posts like this make my jaw drop and think, seriously??!!??!!

So youíre saying youíd rather have GM invest their time and money in a better bed light, more switches and a ball tickler built into the seat than better frames and fresh body styles??? Personally, Iíll gladly take the better frame and fresh body style that I canít improve on my own, and then spend an afternoon installing some led bed lights and throw some halo led switches into the dash and call it Good.

I know this forum caters more to the performance guys, but letís face it, these are trucks. Trucks are made to tow, haul, get work done, and get me a paycheck, so if I have to spend a few hours installing some switches and lights to get thousands of hours of R&D and testing of new frames that will tow and haul better and safer, well thatís a trade off Iíll take any day of the week.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:19 PM
WTF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozerboy View Post
GM seem to be doing just fine, so I think they might know their market better then you. IE die hards that just keep buying them like you...

lol ya, well played sir..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser View Post

So youíre saying youíd rather have GM invest their time and money in a better bed light, more switches and a ball tickler built into the seat than better frames and fresh body styles??? Personally, Iíll gladly take the better frame and fresh body style that I canít improve on my own, and then spend an afternoon installing some led bed lights and throw some halo led switches into the dash and call it Good.

I know this forum caters more to the performance guys, but letís face it, these are trucks. Trucks are made to tow, haul, get work done, and get me a paycheck, so if I have to spend a few hours installing some switches and lights to get thousands of hours of R&D and testing of new frames that will tow and haul better and safer, well thatís a trade off Iíll take any day of the week.
oh pick your jaw up off the foor, for f*** sake. I dont like throwing switches and swapping halo's into a brand new truck. Im simply saying i shouldnt have to. Ive owned 6 duramaxes and ive had to throw in switches and try different bulbs, and drill holes, and bla bla bla bla to them all. It would pain me to drill into the dash of a truck that costs this much. Im just pointing out that the "competition" has built in aux switches etc, etc, etc. Ill drive a GM till i die, but i wish they would catch up.

2017 Chevy "Sport" 2500hd CCSB ltz stocker

2006 Chevy LBZ - Deleted, 5" Magnaflow, Airdog II 165 4g.

2006 Chevy lbz LT ccsb 360,000 and counting..
5" exhaust, CAI...custom hail damage, peeling paint, etc...

2016 GMC 1500 slt 6.2ltr -wife's ride-

Sold
2016 Denali HD~tuned deleted
05 LLY CCSB~EPR compounds, cognito stuff, DDD Tuning, etc..

Old 02-26-2018, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
lol ya, well played sir..

oh pick your jaw up off the foor, for f*** sake. I dont like throwing switches and swapping halo's into a brand new truck. Im simply saying i shouldnt have to. Ive owned 6 duramaxes and ive had to throw in switches and try different bulbs, and drill holes, and bla bla bla bla to them all. It would pain me to drill into the dash of a truck that costs this much. Im just pointing out that the "competition" has built in aux switches etc, etc, etc. Ill drive a GM till i die, but i wish they would catch up.
I agree. A nice set of aux switches all with 30amp capable supply would be a great addition. But nice ones, not the big ugly ones Ford has. As far as headlights go I think the current ones are fine.

And round fenders with more room front to rear ffs.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:52 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser View Post

The thing is you both wrong. We buy GMs because we feel they are the best, or at least I did. The R&D of the things that make these work trucks better is critical to stay competitive. But there's no damn reason they shouldn't be investing into the Creature Comforts of these trucks. The truck Market is huge right now with low fuel prices. This Market doesn't just include our beloved "work" trucks. Trucks are trucks most of the gadgets go across all of the platforms and GM is lacking across the board. I see Roushes, King Ranch, Platinum Editions, and Raptors all the time. But where's GM's response? Dealers full of fully loaded trucks and SUVs cuz that's what most people are buying. Dealers with 20 trucks with interior exterior accents, lift kits, auxiliary lighting, and wheels on them. They can put the money into those trucks before even selling them because they know they'll sell. Nobody is forcing you to buy a fully loaded truck if you want to work truck. But GM is forcing people to go aftermarket or to other brands to get the luxury items they want in their vehicles.

I like my square wheel wells...

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:02 PM
don't know sh!t about IFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-smokinlmm View Post
I knew what turbo for L5P...

Same information stream...
yeah but you also said there was no allison for the 2017 duramax

Its still a duramax under the hood , just gunna have that new allison in it
James

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4

Last edited by Chevy1925; 02-27-2018 at 02:10 PM.