Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2018, 12:47 AM
Gearhead

Default 13.2v Charging Too Low?

I've had my LML for probably 15k miles now and it's always been charging between 13.2-13.8v. I changed the batteries a few months ago and the voltage stayed the same.

It seems lower than it should be and I don't want to end up stranded one day because I continue to avoid it. The headlights seem pretty low on the output, and I doubt a single volt will really change it, but I guess that's a topic for another day.

The strangest part about the whole thing, and what actually concerns me, is when I disconnect the batteries it's up at 14.4 for the next 3-5 drive cycles. After that it's back to the normal 13.2.

I have cleaned the grounds on the block a the lower drivers side, the strap to the driver head and firewall, and the small ground on the driver body mounting location on the frame. No changes.

Any ideas, or is this normal on the newer trucks? I've tried searching around, but no clear answers.

Sold: 2003 LB7 CCLB 350K miles
duramaxtuner.com Tuned, Mike L Trans, ProFab Stuff, and much more...