Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 02-13-2019, 08:41 PM
FNG

Default Fuel Pump shot?

Hey everyone, I drive a 2008 2500HD (Duramax), It's cold up here in the U.P of Michigan, and on my way home after a 12 hour shift, my truck ended up dying on me. Lost all lower going down the road, and it wouldn't turn over after that. Ended up having it towed home. With it being cold, and having had it start up pretty rough the last couple days due to the cold, I just assumed it was my diesel gelling. Had to park it in the driveway with no room in the garage. Two days later I went out there and was messing with it a bit, and realized when I turned it to the on position, I couldn't hear my Fuel filter running. I'm not exactly a truck / diesel savy kinda guy and I won't act like I am. Just seeking some advice before I go and drop 400 bucks on a new fuel pump...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2019, 04:26 AM
Why do I keep doing this?

There isnt a "fuel pump" on a Duramax truck, unless you installed one yourself. Did you? Which pump setup?
"Kleshay" -- 2000 C5 Corvette -- the toy

Marlene (Molly) Bacon -- 1936 - 2019 -- RIP Mom You're already missed, at home and on the piano.

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.
Reality is a matter of perspective.
This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.
"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!" -- mufflerguy (yb)
Old 02-14-2019, 04:40 AM
FNG

FASS Lift Pump

Old 02-14-2019, 05:16 AM
<<<Future tuna killer

Check fuses first...
2010 GMC 1500 RCSB Denali Clone < lifted 22's/33's, Kooks, Magnaflow, 5.3, 6l80, TVS1900 @ 15#'s, BTR top end and boost cam, Trunion upgrade, 90mm, 10% over, 2.8 griptec, 65lb sticks, Mayhem built/tuned.

2016 LML CCSB Denali < Lifted 22's/35's, Fox 2.0 < I officially need help.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:24 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zallordian View Post
FASS Lift Pump

If you bought it new you have a life time warranty ! They are flow through also !
AFE Blade Runner,AFE Momentum CAI,DHD Big Air intake Y pipe, DHD fuel block,DHD pcv reroute,MBRP 4 inch exhaust,DHD 3 inch downpipe,BD driver's side manifold,DHD pass side up pipe,DHD 3 inch intercooler hot&cold pipes, ATI damper,Empire pin kit by Big Foot on & off road shop, FASS fuel system,5/8 inch pickup, FASS fuel filter delete, EFI live,V2 & lap top , 5 position switch 250 hp big tune, shimmed fprv by Crank it up , built SunCoast Allison 1078 converter aftermarket trany mount by Limitless Diesel,ARP head studs,grade C gaskets,tig-welded water pump,T stats by Blackout performance,MA t case brace , Kriptonite motor mounts,MA pump rub kit,HD drive shaft 1480joints by Greensburg machine,BDS Recoil traction bars, PPE finned deep pan , Mike L trany cooler, PSC pump, 5100s, Sulastic Shackles, Curt com 2.5 hitch
Old 02-14-2019, 02:27 PM
<<<IT WORKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-smokinlmm View Post
Check fuses first...
X2 I have blown fuses before when the truck was gelled up or really cold.
ATS Dual CP3, and S369, ARP 625 head studs and main studs, LBZ Rods, Delipped pistons, Hamilton valve Spring, 30 over injectors, 5in Turbo Back exhaust, ATS Transmission, Fass 150, and Running on Moonshine.
DIED AND NOW HAS BEEN RAISE FROM THE DEAD

1971 C10 Restoration/ProTouring Project, LBZ/4L80E Inprogress
Old 02-14-2019, 02:44 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXX IT OUT View Post
X2 I have blown fuses before when the truck was gelled up or really cold.
I blew fuses because of a restricted pickup in the tank , got rid of that , no more problems !
AFE Blade Runner,AFE Momentum CAI,DHD Big Air intake Y pipe, DHD fuel block,DHD pcv reroute,MBRP 4 inch exhaust,DHD 3 inch downpipe,BD driver's side manifold,DHD pass side up pipe,DHD 3 inch intercooler hot&cold pipes, ATI damper,Empire pin kit by Big Foot on & off road shop, FASS fuel system,5/8 inch pickup, FASS fuel filter delete, EFI live,V2 & lap top , 5 position switch 250 hp big tune, shimmed fprv by Crank it up , built SunCoast Allison 1078 converter aftermarket trany mount by Limitless Diesel,ARP head studs,grade C gaskets,tig-welded water pump,T stats by Blackout performance,MA t case brace , Kriptonite motor mounts,MA pump rub kit,HD drive shaft 1480joints by Greensburg machine,BDS Recoil traction bars, PPE finned deep pan , Mike L trany cooler, PSC pump, 5100s, Sulastic Shackles, Curt com 2.5 hitch
Old 02-14-2019, 03:51 PM
Hotrodder

Blew one a few weeks ago when it was down in the negatives and the truck sat. Shouldn't have gelled after driving I wouldnt think, and as stated before they are flow through designs so it shouldn't of killed the truck if the fass died. Didnt happen to be watching rail pressure were you?