Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 02-06-2018, 09:17 AM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA LLY View Post
Beep Beep Beep...... WRONG. Only the LML uses Piezo injectors. LB7-LMM are all solenoid injectors.
Well damn you are correct I have miss spoke
Old 02-06-2018, 09:43 AM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM Motorsports View Post
Incorrect... The L5p WILL bolt onto earlier generations, they just added two extra bolts to the L5P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was referring to it being a “bolt on” part, meaning you can remove the old part and bolt the new part in place with no modifications. The new head is completely different. Having to change to an L5P intake as well as several other modifications to me doesn’t qualify it as a bolt on head, but yes, it will bolt onto a previous gen block, even though all the bolt holes won’t be filled. . . . . Even still, looking at the bottom sides of those heads in the pic that I posted, it doesn’t look like a lot of the passages even line up.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:15 AM
smokinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
I was referring to it being a “bolt on” part, meaning you can remove the old part and bolt the new part in place with no modifications. The new head is completely different. Having to change to an L5P intake as well as several other modifications to me doesn’t qualify it as a bolt on head, but yes, it will bolt onto a previous gen block, even though all the bolt holes won’t be filled. . . . . Even still, looking at the bottom sides of those heads in the pic that I posted, it doesn’t look like a lot of the passages even line up.
What passages are you referring to, the pic you posted is not the bottom side of the head, unless I missed a pic somewhere. The pic you posted is the intake runner area. The L5P block does have a raised deck height, but the heads are the same height. The intake runner is slightly different yes. All of the main 12mm head bolts are the same, they just added two of the small 8mm head bolts to the top corners.

Last edited by RPM Motorsports; 02-06-2018 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:31 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM Motorsports View Post
What passages are you referring to, the pic you posted is not the bottom side of the head, unless I missed a pic somewhere. The pic you posted is the intake runner area. The L5P block does have a raised deck height, but the heads are the same height. The intake runner is slightly different yes. All of the main 12mm head bolts are the same, they just added two of the small 8mm head bolts to the top corners.

Drill an tap

New and improved! 2007 classis lbz LS ec/sb

Egr delete, pcv re-route, PIPED, airdog 4g 165,

Danville performance tunes.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:50 PM
Pro Tuner Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yngdmax92 View Post
Drill an tap
Shit I would just leave them out