Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 10-11-2009, 08:19 AM
Gearhead

Default EFI LIVE and factory fast idle

Whos got it? What OS is it ???
Since GM got rid of the elevated idle in cold climates
i need a way to keep the truck closer to operating temp that wont affect drivability

06 LBZ Not quite stock anymore
Old 10-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Devilmaxx

I have it in my LMM are you sure you don't have it? I am in the cold climates too. I saw last year -50C for a few days and used it.

What trim is your truck?

2008 2500HD 4X4 LTZ Z71 6.6L LMM
Mods: EFILive, MBRP 4" DPF Delete, BD Manifold, SD Manifold, SD Center Link, SD Sleeves, S&B Intake, FS-2500, PPE Trans Pan, Bushwacker fender flares, PPE Oil Centrifuge, And other non-go-fast things.

Things still need to put in: PCV Re-Route,Air Dog AD-200.

1984 GMC Jimmy 2-Door

1998 Buick Century Limited

Sold It will be missed. 1985 Mercedes 300SD - Running still need work.

Sold It will be missed. 1995 C/K 3500 4X4 Dually 6.5L
Mods: K&N air intake, 80Hp chip, 97 cooling, twin fans, #9 Resistor, FSD Heat-Sync, Full Pillar 3 Gauge (EGT, Boost, Transmission),

Old 10-11-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMaxx61 View Post
I have it in my LMM are you sure you don't have it? I am in the cold climates too. I saw last year -50C for a few days and used it.

What trim is your truck?

X2, you can select to have it enabled/disabled in the DIC.

Previous Dmax's

06' Chevy 2500HD CCSB 4x4, EFI Live, PPE GT40/GTX45 Twins, Socal 60s, Mike L. Trans

08' Sierra LMM CCLB Z71, Mike L. Trans, EFI Live, McRat Racing Tune 12.97@102.73
06' Sierra LBZ RCLB 4X4, Mike L. Trans, EFI Live, McRat Racing Tune 12.25@111.30
06' Chevy LBZ CST 9-11 Candy Red and Chrome
04' Chevy LB7 FabTech 8" Suncoast III w/TTS Converter
Old 10-11-2009, 05:46 PM
<<<< No Horsepower

If you just have a horn on your steering like i do, I know you can do a brake pedal code when the key is in the run position but not started...Just hold the gas peddle to the floor and pumping the brake's three time's then let off the go peddle. Pretty sure this is the code but it's been since last winter since i've messed with it, maybe someone else can comfirm this for us.
7.78@87.7

2.5 puller in the Mecca!!

Manual Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BgBlDodge View Post
Al gore invented driving the turbo.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x MadMAX DIESEL View Post
If you just have a horn on your steering like i do, I know you can do a brake pedal code when the key is in the run position but not started...Just hold the gas peddle to the floor and pumping the brake's three time's then let off the go peddle. Pretty sure this is the code but it's been since last winter since i've messed with it, maybe someone else can comfirm this for us.
On the LMM's the DIC buttons are on the dash and there's less options compared to the classics There's only radio and cruise control buttons on the steering wheel now.

Previous Dmax's

06' Chevy 2500HD CCSB 4x4, EFI Live, PPE GT40/GTX45 Twins, Socal 60s, Mike L. Trans

08' Sierra LMM CCLB Z71, Mike L. Trans, EFI Live, McRat Racing Tune 12.97@102.73
06' Sierra LBZ RCLB 4X4, Mike L. Trans, EFI Live, McRat Racing Tune 12.25@111.30
06' Chevy LBZ CST 9-11 Candy Red and Chrome
04' Chevy LB7 FabTech 8" Suncoast III w/TTS Converter
Old 10-11-2009, 07:12 PM
<--- slippery roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZrcks View Post
On the LMM's the DIC buttons are on the dash and there's less options compared to the classics
there is less options compared to the 2003-2004 classics.

2005-2007 classics have the same paired down/gypped option set as the LMM's. (no business/personal trip, no instant fuel econ, etc...)

2012 Denali - R&D testbed for upcoming new products.....
2005 Silverado LT - Blown up/broken too many engines and parts to care about making it fast anymore, so its back to mostly stock - The best names in the industry for parts/advice/help...MikeL.Guy-SoCal.Rob-ATP.Evan-Limitless.McRat.BigDipper.Bobo.Tony-RRDP.Fingers.Eric-MA.EFILive...

BT DieselWorks, LLC - EFILive tuning - Duramax/Allison/gasser STANDALONE HARNESSES - Allison lockup controllers - Allison tapshift kits - Digital DSP-5 switches - full assortment of great electronic improvements and gadgets for your GM truck/SUV

All products available for sale through our online store at www.btdieselworks.com

Be sure to "like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BTDWorks
Be sure to "follow" us on Instagram @btdieselworks

Last edited by duratothemax; 10-11-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Mine shows average fuel economy. If you want instant, just reset it!

Is there anywhere in EFI to set the cold weather idle rpm and what temp it comes on for the LBZ like on the LB7/LLY?
Old 10-12-2009, 12:45 AM
I'm the Floater. Lurking.

My lb7 don't have high idle. I have the steering wheel controls. I looked through all the settings on the DIC and didn't see anything about high idle. But then again, my truck IS from Texas. anyway to do this without going to the dealer and spending money to have it enabled? I'm broke at the moment.
But not a lot on it.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:23 AM
<--- slippery roads

only the LLY+ trucks have it.

2005 Silverado LT - Blown up/broken too many engines and parts to care about making it fast anymore, so its back to mostly stock - The best names in the industry for parts/advice/help...MikeL.Guy-SoCal.Rob-ATP.Evan-Limitless.McRat.BigDipper.Bobo.Tony-RRDP.Fingers.Eric-MA.EFILive...

BT DieselWorks, LLC - EFILive tuning - Duramax/Allison/gasser STANDALONE HARNESSES - Allison lockup controllers - Allison tapshift kits - Digital DSP-5 switches - full assortment of great electronic improvements and gadgets for your GM truck/SUV

All products available for sale through our online store at www.btdieselworks.com

Old 10-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Gearhead

There is elevated idle (in the DIC) apperantly GM got rid of it in cold climates because it locks the T/C and can fry trannys in extreme cold due to innsufficent fluid flow.
So madmaxx61 id be carfull under -30 *C with the elevated.

There is also a fast idle "factory" option on the LMM's, e-brake on cruise on use set and resume to raise and lower the rpm it has to be equipped from the factory

Im on the same OS as a friend who has both options so its not the OS its some where else in the ECM or maybe the BCM IDK

Old 10-12-2009, 10:00 AM
Hotrodder

Dale, from what I've been told we can't change any settings for the high idle. I don't think GM got rid of the high idle in cold climates. I know on my truck they went to a less aggressive high idle so they say, which doesn't load the trans as hard, or something like that.

2014 GMC 1500 4X4 RC/SB 5.3L

2008 GMC 1500 4x4 CC/SB 6.0L 4L70E - GONE
Old 10-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldLBZ View Post
Dale, from what I've been told we can't change any settings for the high idle. I don't think GM got rid of the high idle in cold climates. I know on my truck they went to a less aggressive high idle so they say, which doesn't load the trans as hard, or something like that.
Mine does nothing anymore so i assumed it was gone
Guess ill have to ask the dealer about it was just tring to avoid going there
When was your truck last at the dealer?

Old 10-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Hotrodder

My truck hasn't been at the dealer in a year or so. I try to avoid them, plus my warranty is over anyway. I think they did my trans programming in the winter of 2007 2008.

2014 GMC 1500 4X4 RC/SB 5.3L

2008 GMC 1500 4x4 CC/SB 6.0L 4L70E - GONE
Old 10-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldLBZ View Post
My truck hasn't been at the dealer in a year or so. I try to avoid them, plus my warranty is over anyway. I think they did my trans programming in the winter of 2007 2008.
IDK then guess im buying a throttle controller just thought it might be doable with efi

Old 10-12-2009, 11:16 AM
<--- slippery roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxflip View Post
IDK then guess im buying a throttle controller just thought it might be doable with efi
why not just use the PTO function in the ECM? press the cruise control buttons and it raises engine RPM, as long as its in park...

nobody makes an aftermarket throttle controller for our trucks unless its some ghetto rigged mechanical setup that actually presses down on the pedal....which would add wayyyy more complication and cost than is necessary.