Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
  #16  
Old 07-13-2018, 05:36 PM
coker6365's Avatar
coker6365 coker6365 is offline
Coker6303's ***** Daddy
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 317

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickLL7Crenshaw View Post
I just ordered a s400 single kit and turbo yesterday for my LB7. Along with a new converter from Evan. Guess Iíll experience the s400 single life here soon as well Josh!
Tired of the 369?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
__________________
2015 Denali CC/SB LML, Farm Truck
2013 EC/SB LML, The Test Rig
2013 RC/LB LML, The Beater
2006 RC/LB LBZ, Tow Mirror Killer. Under the knife again and looking for more horsepuppies.

Big thanks to Josh Harris, Josh Chambers, and my brother Russell Coker for all the help with the LBZ.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-20-2018, 09:54 PM
JoshH's Avatar
JoshH JoshH is offline
Daggum farm truck
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas!!!
Posts: 12,749

Default

It has been a week with the single, and I am loving it! I may have to run a full exhaust; it is so loud now.
__________________
06 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB

06 Express 2500 Duramax Van "The Dumpster"


Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-24-2018, 06:59 PM
SSchmi5519's Avatar
SSchmi5519 SSchmi5519 is offline
Pro Tuner Wannabe


 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,333

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
It has been a week with the single, and I am loving it! I may have to run a full exhaust; it is so loud now.
I ran downpipe only for a few hundred miles....couldn't stand it. I ran a full 5" MBRP from it, with a muffler, and its still too loud for my liking. Might try to go to one of those billy badass Donaldson units but as far as I can tell from my research on their flow numbers I'm going to be restricting exhaust flow which I definitely don't want.
__________________
-Steve- 2005 LLY Inglewood Transmission, EFI Live, PPE, ARP, Crower, BT Diesel, T&B Fab
Email: ASK.SSDT@GMAIL.com

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-24-2018, 07:28 PM
zf>allison's Avatar
zf>allison zf>allison is offline
you never had your car.
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: elsberry mo
Posts: 3,341

Default

476/87/.90 on the race truck. Wanna go bigger but have goals to hit on current setup. Had a 1.0 hot side loved it on the back half but it won't launch with it. I wanna put a 475 on the daily.
__________________
04.5 single cab lly zf6 barely not stock.(the jalopy)
05 single cab lly zf6
Arp studs, welded water pump, 100 overs, dual fuelers, valair 1000 hp triple disc, danville efi live, fass 150, custom single s400 kit,
serious weight reduction
28x10x16 Hoosier slicks on pyos
Down on 2 leaves, t bolts gone.

best
10.91 at 129mph, 1.577 60 foot
dynoed 743 hp raceweight 5k with driver
Instagram-636zf6
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-25-2018, 08:10 AM
Bdsankey Bdsankey is offline
Hotrodder

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 249

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zf>allison View Post
476/87/.90 on the race truck. Wanna go bigger but have goals to hit on current setup. Had a 1.0 hot side loved it on the back half but it won't launch with it. I wanna put a 475 on the daily.
With my built motor setup (long rods), 6480AF, Goerend J 3k stall, and lots of fuel my 475 honestly is the best driving in terms of street manners and being linear out of all my setups besides a stock charger/built trans.

My Danville 68r was fun but was like a light switch when the veins would open (Yes I know, should've bought Mark's tunes but I didn't). Not bad mouthing the turbo, just didn't drive as good as what I have now.
__________________
Current Rides:
1) Toy: 2005 LLY ECSB, Leather, Sunroof
-820hp/1748ft-lbs @ Duramax Tuner (6/25/18)
-Built Motor, Bullseye Batmowheel S475/87/1.0 "Comp R75", Exergy 250% overs with "Redman" internal mods, Exergy 14mm street pump w/AN feed, Goerend "J" Converter, Built Trans, AD2 165, Beans Sump, E-Locker, TrueTrac, Yukon 4340 Shafts, Traction Bars, DHD Center Link Brace, DHD Lower Crossmember Support


Past Rides:
1) 2002 LB7 CCSB, Leather, Loaded
-New Bosch Reman Injectors, New LBZ CP3, FASS 150, RCD Sump, 3" MBRP Downpipe, 4" Downpipe Back w/ Muffler, Sleeves, DHD Centerlink Brace, DHD Lower Crossmember Support, Steering Wheel Radio Control Swap
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-25-2018, 08:17 AM
Chevy1925's Avatar
Chevy1925 Chevy1925 is offline
don't know sh!t about IFS

 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Phoenix Az
Posts: 14,640

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSchmi5519 View Post
I ran downpipe only for a few hundred miles....couldn't stand it. I ran a full 5" MBRP from it, with a muffler, and its still too loud for my liking. Might try to go to one of those billy badass Donaldson units but as far as I can tell from my research on their flow numbers I'm going to be restricting exhaust flow which I definitely don't want.
that little 472 just needs a big brother. it will quiet it right down
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
Mike L is my role model. I want to be like him when I grow up.
James

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-25-2018, 10:16 AM
zf>allison's Avatar
zf>allison zf>allison is offline
you never had your car.
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: elsberry mo
Posts: 3,341

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdsankey View Post
With my built motor setup (long rods), 6480AF, Goerend J 3k stall, and lots of fuel my 475 honestly is the best driving in terms of street manners and being linear out of all my setups besides a stock charger/built trans.

My Danville 68r was fun but was like a light switch when the veins would open (Yes I know, should've bought Mark's tunes but I didn't). Not bad mouthing the turbo, just didn't drive as good as what I have now.
I think can get away with liking a big single on the stick trucks because I can do what I gotta do as far as gear choice and rpm range I'm in at all times. If I know I'm gonna need some boost I can drop it down and bump up the rpms and roll into it. I can load it in a taller gear for a longer pull makes it fun to drive.
__________________
04.5 single cab lly zf6 barely not stock.(the jalopy)
05 single cab lly zf6
Arp studs, welded water pump, 100 overs, dual fuelers, valair 1000 hp triple disc, danville efi live, fass 150, custom single s400 kit,
serious weight reduction
28x10x16 Hoosier slicks on pyos
Down on 2 leaves, t bolts gone.

best
10.91 at 129mph, 1.577 60 foot
dynoed 743 hp raceweight 5k with driver
Instagram-636zf6
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors