Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 04-11-2018, 06:56 PM
FNG

Iím about 30 min south of Atlanta.

Messed with the truck a little more today.
Got the exhaust all bolted back up.

Fought with these fuel lines for a good minute, has anyone else had trouble with these being a pain?
Where they turn up to the push fittings they kink a little bit on the flex part

I noticed Iím missing the boot thing that goes around the steering shaft, is that super important or will it be fine without?

Took a look under the harmonic balancer, looks real dry. Not sure to do the main seal or not

Trying to knock this truck out soon so I can get this bike on the road in time for some shows this summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2018, 07:47 PM
Why do I keep doing this?

Those fuel lines arent correct. There should be a little slack in them. Might not be routed by the trans completely correct.
"Kleshay" -- 2000 C5 Corvette -- the toy
"The Bigger Boat" -- 2011 Workhorse P700 - 6.0LS/Allison - what I drive at work

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!" -- mufflerguy (yb)
Old 04-13-2018, 02:41 PM
FNG

If I hook a single battery up and just tape up the other battery leads is it okay to turn the key just to check out mileage and see if the radio is working?

Old 04-13-2018, 11:08 PM
Heavy & Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.watts1340 View Post
If I hook a single battery up and just tape up the other battery leads is it okay to turn the key just to check out mileage and see if the radio is working?

Sure. In the warmer states many people run with just one battery. You only really need the two when it is cold and the glow plugs come on for ages and it is hard to crank.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

Old 04-16-2018, 03:48 PM
FNG

Water pump is off,

New one should be in the mail tomorrow.

Hooked a battery charger up to see what would happen, donít think it had enough steady amps to power the truck because it was making a weird ass pulsating noise.
Guess I got my mileage mixed up, the lbz must of been the motor with the 220xxx miles on it.

Had some new transmission cooler lines show up in the mail. One of them will work but I need to figure out which part number this one is, the one that has the longer bend in the front

Old 04-16-2018, 04:33 PM
FNG

Just kidding, might not be right. Changed the fuel filter and found this on it

Put one of these cat filter deals on it

Old 04-16-2018, 06:05 PM
<<<Future tuna killer

Careful they don't have water separation...

2015 Corvette Stingray Z 51 < Stock...

2016 LML CCSB Denali < Lifted 22's/35's, Fox 2.0 < I officially need help.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:36 PM
FNG

Got a leak from this aluminum cylinder on the hydroboost, can I replace this cylinder or am I gonna have to do the whole hydroboost unit?

Old 04-18-2018, 06:04 PM
Hotrodder

You can just buy master cylinder $70 on rock , your doing a good job , nice and slow sometimes is what it takes !
AFE Blade Runner,AFE Momentum CAI,DHD Big Air intake Y pipe, DHD fuel block,DHD pcv reroute,MBRP 4 inch exhaust,DHD 3 inch downpipe,BD driver's side manifold,DHD pass side up pipe,DHD 3 inch intercooler hot&cold pipes, ATI damper,Empire pin kit by Big Foot on & off road shop, FASS fuel system,5/8 inch pickup, FASS fuel filter delete, EFI live,V2 & lap top , 5 position switch 250 hp big tune, shimmed fprv by Crank it up , built SunCoast Allison 1078 converter aftermarket trany mount by Limitless Diesel,ARP head studs,grade C gaskets,tig-welded water pump,T stats by Blackout performance,MA t case brace , Kriptonite motor mounts,MA pump rub kit,HD drive shaft 1480joints by Greensburg machine,BDS Recoil traction bars, PPE finned deep pan , Mike L trany cooler, PSC pump, 5100s, Sulastic Shackles, Curt com 2.5 hitch
Old 04-30-2018, 07:13 PM
FNG

Hadnít been updating as much as I was, got down to business and finished the truck. Weíll close too anyways

Had to replace a few things after I got the truck fired up, new transmission oil cooler and repaired some of the fuel return lines that were leaking.

The truck had a real bad idle surge so I replaced the fuel pressure regulator. Helped a good bit but now it only has a light surge every 5 seconds or so. Fuel pressure isnít really getting above 6000 psi at idle with it surging. Was hoping to drive it a good bit today to see if it would clear out but found a decent leak coming from the radiator.
Did some high temp jb weld on it to cure overnight for a temporary fix. Hopefully itíll hold enough to drive it around a little.

Took it up and down the block and it was great. Way more power than my work truck.

Right now itís popping up a service 4 wheel drive and service air bag on the dash, gonna have to look into that.

Thatís all for now, pretty stoked!

Old 05-02-2018, 12:07 AM
Hotrodder

The cluster in the picture is an LBZ cluster Probably came with the LBZ motor.

Air bag could be the sensors on the core support or someone broke the clock spring. Need codes to know where to look for issue.

Same with the 4 Wheel drive service light.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:01 PM
FNG

Tried swapping out the cluster to see if the airbag display would go off, correct mileage showed up on the truck but it didnít fix that message.

I think the clock spring got messed up because the steering shaft was out for so long. So Iíll be replacing that. Hopefully thatíll fix the airbag problem and the steering volume controls will start working.

Still not sure whatís up with the 4 wheel drive.

Also canít get the ac to work. Holds a vacuum, charged up the system but the compressor wonít kick on. You can jump it out and itíll kick on. Any ideas?

Old 05-07-2018, 11:17 PM
Heavy & Slow

A scan tool is really required for the level of diagnostics needed for your truck. It will tell you right away why your service 4x4 message is coming up. You can also read A/C pressures and make sure the computer knows there is a charge. If it doesn't see the pressure, it won't run.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

Old 05-08-2018, 01:39 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.watts1340 View Post
Tried swapping out the cluster to see if the airbag display would go off, correct mileage showed up on the truck but it didn’t fix that message.

I think the clock spring got messed up because the steering shaft was out for so long. So I’ll be replacing that. Hopefully that’ll fix the airbag problem and the steering volume controls will start working.

Still not sure what’s up with the 4 wheel drive.

Also can’t get the ac to work. Holds a vacuum, charged up the system but the compressor won’t kick on. You can jump it out and it’ll kick on. Any ideas?

The clock spring has the wires for the steering controls running through it and if it was broken would also set an airbag light as it's part of that system.

Likely some one had the steering shaft uncoupled and turned the wheel.

On The AC system, is it digital or manual control? You said you filled it up, How much refrigerant did you put in?

Do you have access to a scan tool that can see the body module? Like a tech2 or a snap on scanner???
Old 05-13-2018, 06:56 PM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastBrick View Post
The clock spring has the wires for the steering controls running through it and if it was broken would also set an airbag light as it's part of that system.

Likely some one had the steering shaft uncoupled and turned the wheel.

On The AC system, is it digital or manual control? You said you filled it up, How much refrigerant did you put in?

Do you have access to a scan tool that can see the body module? Like a tech2 or a snap on scanner???

My neighbor has one of the snap on scanners Iím gonna have to borrow here soon. Getting close to working out all the kinks