Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 11-22-2017, 11:40 AM
Im a Garrett Nut Swinger

The 6.2 hauls the mail. I drove the regular yukon first... Then the Denali. The old lady likes her Denali. Its getting around 18 mpg on the hwy.
8" Fabtech lift 37x13.5/20 tires....Mike L trans....some go fast goodies
13.20@106mph

'06 Jetta TDI
Old 11-22-2017, 12:30 PM
Hotrodder

The 6.2 is no joke. I often drive her current Denali just to have a little fun spirited drive. But I literally canít justify paying $10,000 for the 6.2 when we donít need it. The SLT were looking at has everything that a Denali does minus a couple pieces of wood grain trim. Plus she really likes the metallic iridium color.
And someone has already replaced the factory SLT grill with the Denali grill. And it has the gunmetal gray Denali rims on it already. But if it were mine I would want the 6.2 lol
diamond eye down pipe
bd manifold
airdog 150
custom 5in pipe to 6in powdercoated stack
fleece sc stage 4 . thanks again brayden

team borrowed time member #8
cedarfalls raceway- sep/27/09 12.63@107mph

2016 2500HD z71: all stock except rims and tires
2006 Volkswagen Jetta tdi
Old 11-22-2017, 12:39 PM
Slowly but Surely

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA LLY View Post
What was her last vehicle? My wife drives a 16 Tahoe with an active fuel 5.3. It gets 21-23 mpg on the highway. And 16-18 driving around town. She doesn't have to fill up very often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
x2 on the mileage. My wife’s ‘16 suburban gets the same.

To the OP, get a Yukon XL and you’ll get a bigger tank. 30 gals I believe.

2019 2500HD Z71 Custom Sport Edition L5P

2006 White Silverado LBZ, CC/SB 4x4
EFILive by JoshH, MBRP, S&B, Transgo Jr., AirDog 150, ProFab EGR Delete & Downpipe
2018 3500HD SRW CCLB 4x4
6.0L gasser (company truck)
Old 11-22-2017, 12:46 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashygasman View Post
x2 on the mileage. My wifeís Ď16 suburban gets the same.

To the OP, get a Yukon XL and youíll get a bigger tank. 30 gals I believe.
XL is out. She doesnít want the longer Yukon. She doesnít need a Yukon period to be honest. All of her kids are older 16 and up so no real need for it in my opinion. But itís what she feels the most comfortable in and itís what she wants. Happy wife happy life.
diamond eye down pipe
bd manifold
airdog 150

Old 11-23-2017, 08:32 AM
<<<Future tuna killer

New tahoes get great mileage and are plenty strong. You can tune it and do intake and exhaust to get about 30rwhp out of it on a 93 tune.

2015 Corvette Stingray Z 51 < Stock...

2016 LML CCSB Denali < Lifted 22's/35's, Fox 2.0 < I officially need help.
Old 11-23-2017, 08:56 AM
GM TECH @ FENDER GMC

To the op just fwiw the new yukon and tahoes are nice but they have some issues that are lacking the 0w-20 is fairly expensive 8 quarts vs the 5w30 6 quarts change she's used to with the older model, the afm is a little better but the same question gets asked at work all the time how do I get better milage and the same answer is always given it depends on your foot and input. I never mention the fact that they are not aerodynamic sleek missiles that cut air they are rolling tanks in a nut shell that way it does not offened the fact they spent 80-90,000 on a vehicle that me personally is way over priced. demand has driven that price there and as more technology is added the price will continue to increase also to aid you in headaches stay away from 22in wheels they are nightmares for customer and techs alike yes they look good but after you change 4 sets of tires on one vehicle cause road force is out on the same vehicle you eventually want to change them. There are other issues that I can't post as they are not my information to give out but thats just part of it you know
2006 Chevy 2500HD LBZ Duramax Summit White CCSB Tan (neutral) leather LT3 pkg w/sunroof OEM bra 4x4, ISSPRO EV, ATS Twin CP3's, Built Allison, Eaton E-locker front stock G80 rear, Kennedy Twin pump filter combo kit, Snow Perf Stage 2 w/m injection, 4in to 5in banks tip, HM Big K&N, Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC 315/75/16 on stock rims, Rancho RS9000XL, Fabtech HD TR, Cognito P&I Brace kit, DD/Puller/Work Truck

2002 Chevy 2500HD LB7 Duramax Summit White CCSB Grey (neutral) leather LT3 pkg OEM bra 4x4, Kennedy Twin Pump Filter Combo Kit, ISSPRO EV, PPE Boost Valve, DTS Built Allison, MikeL Cooler, ATS Billet Flexplate, DTS 3in DS IC pipe, Bill's 5in CAI (White), Big K&N, 4in to 7in black stack, Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC 315/75/16 on stock rims, Cognito P&I Brace kit, Sleeves, Energy Sway bar Kit, DD/Puller/Work truck

Special Thanks: (David) DTS, (Guy) Socal Diesel, (Nick & crew) DuramaxTuner, (Dan) PPE, (John) Kennedy Diesel, (Tony) All Season
Old 11-23-2017, 11:00 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby Avery View Post
To the op just fwiw the new yukon and tahoes are nice but they have some issues that are lacking the 0w-20 is fairly expensive 8 quarts vs the 5w30 6 quarts change she's used to with the older model, the afm is a little better but the same question gets asked at work all the time how do I get better milage and the same answer is always given it depends on your foot and input. I never mention the fact that they are not aerodynamic sleek missiles that cut air they are rolling tanks in a nut shell that way it does not offened the fact they spent 80-90,000 on a vehicle that me personally is way over priced. demand has driven that price there and as more technology is added the price will continue to increase also to aid you in headaches stay away from 22in wheels they are nightmares for customer and techs alike yes they look good but after you change 4 sets of tires on one vehicle cause road force is out on the same vehicle you eventually want to change them. There are other issues that I can't post as they are not my information to give out but thats just part of it you know
Thanks Rob. Ian usually pretty vigilant about doing my research. If I canít seem to find anything you guys are my first stop for info. I completely agree with you that these vehicles are way way over priced. This is why we arenít getting a new one or even a Denali. Itís crazy to me to pay that much for a vehicle. The fuel mileage isnít really an issue. It is what it is. You might be able to squeeze a little more out of it but doubtful really. Itís really the fuel capacity. Which I understand given that my old Duramax had the 26 gallon tank. My new one has a 36 gallon and I love it. 650 miles out of a tank and usually have a gallon or two left is nice.
diamond eye down pipe
bd manifold
airdog 150

Old 11-23-2017, 11:48 AM
Yes, its really me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby Avery View Post

My wife's Tahoe was a fully loaded LTZ with virtually every option including 22" wheels. List was $73,500. Out the door was $56,000......

Just because sticker says something doesn't mean the people buying are actually paying that much. Just FYI.

2009 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2010 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2011 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2012 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion

Big thanks to everyone who helps me.

Best 1/8th, 7.29, 98.6MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single Journal bearing GT42 charger) (2010)

Best 1/8th, 6.93, 104.24MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single HX60 turbo) (2016)

Best 1/8th, 6.60, 106.6MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single HX60 turbo) (2017)
Old 11-23-2017, 01:10 PM
Hotrodder

Still to much for my blood. I would pick up a loaded one, a year old with 10k miles on it for $30k less then it stickered for brand new. That way I can pay cash for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:37 AM
Yes, its really me

You must have a better used market in your area then we do. To find a Tahoe a year old with 10K miles on it around here would be substantially more then 30K less then sticker......

But hey it's what makes the world go round. I drive a 2005 and don't intend to get rid of it for years. Love that truck and don't care if I'm driving it 20 years from now as long as I can keep it in decent shape and reliable.

But buying brand new with all the exact options you want, new car smell, and full warranty certainly has its perks.

2009 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2010 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2011 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2012 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion

Big thanks to everyone who helps me.

Best 1/8th, 7.29, 98.6MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single Journal bearing GT42 charger) (2010)

Best 1/8th, 6.93, 104.24MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single HX60 turbo) (2016)

Best 1/8th, 6.60, 106.6MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single HX60 turbo) (2017)
Old 11-24-2017, 02:17 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA LLY View Post
You must have a better used market in your area then we do. To find a Tahoe a year old with 10K miles on it around here would be substantially more then 30K less then sticker......

But hey it's what makes the world go round. I drive a 2005 and don't intend to get rid of it for years. Love that truck and don't care if I'm driving it 20 years from now as long as I can keep it in decent shape and reliable.

But buying brand new with all the exact options you want, new car smell, and full warranty certainly has its perks.

Exactly!!!! Iíll just tell you guys now. Itís a 15 with 40,000 miles and they are wanting 43,500 for it. It is certified so they have extended the Powertrain out to 6 years 100,000. And bumper to bumper is a year and 12,000. But seriously Iíve looked everywhere around here and the internet and thatís about an average price. Actually just a hair under average. But I think thereís still a little wiggle room 😉
diamond eye down pipe
bd manifold
airdog 150

Old 11-24-2017, 05:23 PM
Hotrodder

Well used car market has probably changed then. I don't watch it like I use to. I could normally fine loaded vehicals 1-2 years old with less then 20k miles for what a new base model srickered at. They might not be in perfect shape, but nothing a good cleaning and a cut and buff couldn't fix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.