Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
  #1  
Old 02-12-2020, 03:34 PM
garrettlbz's Avatar
garrettlbz garrettlbz is offline
FNG
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Spring Creek, Nevada
Posts: 23
Default Wagler twisted pedestal

Can you run the twisted pedestal with a standard 1 piece wcfab y bridge kit and factory plenums or will it only fit with their cast street intake?






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Maroon 06 GMC CCSB LBZ
Delete, EFI, t-bolts out, overloads out, 3 inch shackle, 4 inch straight pipe, intake. All the basic mods
on the road to 1000hp

Maroon 06 GMC CCSB LLY
Stock on a 6" w/ 35's

1997 ccsb 7.3 ~ sold
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-12-2020, 03:54 PM
stealthy_max's Avatar
stealthy_max stealthy_max is offline
FNG
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Midwest
Posts: 26
Default Wagler twisted pedestal

It will not work with a traditional y-bridge. The twisted pedestal was designed to be run with their street intake. Course with some nephson fab work, anythingís possible.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-12-2020, 04:41 PM
garrettlbz's Avatar
garrettlbz garrettlbz is offline
FNG
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Spring Creek, Nevada
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthy_max View Post
It will not work with a traditional y-bridge. The twisted pedestal was designed to be run with their street intake. Course with some nephson fab work, anythingís possible.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Do you know what it doesnít clear in a conventional set up as pictured?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Maroon 06 GMC CCSB LBZ
Delete, EFI, t-bolts out, overloads out, 3 inch shackle, 4 inch straight pipe, intake. All the basic mods
on the road to 1000hp

Maroon 06 GMC CCSB LLY
Stock on a 6" w/ 35's

1997 ccsb 7.3 ~ sold
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-12-2020, 05:46 PM
DieselmafiaLLY's Avatar
DieselmafiaLLY DieselmafiaLLY is offline
Keep Calm and Go Crazy
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,101
Default

I don't really see any benefit to running a twisted pedestal without the intake.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
__________________
Duramax. Little bit of this, little bit of that
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-12-2020, 05:50 PM
garrettlbz's Avatar
garrettlbz garrettlbz is offline
FNG
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Spring Creek, Nevada
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselmafiaLLY View Post
I don't really see any benefit to running a twisted pedestal without the intake.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk


Mainly to clear that cold side pipe in the attached photo. Iím gonna be installing a larger s400 Frame charger with a 5.5 inlet and the factory intake horn is pretty tight to the bridge/cold side pipe. The twisted pedestal turns the ambient air intake towards the passenger side so I was thinking itíd be less of a squeeze to fit a 5.5 inch intake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Maroon 06 GMC CCSB LBZ
Delete, EFI, t-bolts out, overloads out, 3 inch shackle, 4 inch straight pipe, intake. All the basic mods
on the road to 1000hp

Maroon 06 GMC CCSB LLY
Stock on a 6" w/ 35's

1997 ccsb 7.3 ~ sold
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-12-2020, 05:57 PM
DieselmafiaLLY's Avatar
DieselmafiaLLY DieselmafiaLLY is offline
Keep Calm and Go Crazy
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettlbz View Post
Mainly to clear that cold side pipe in the attached photo. Iím gonna be installing a larger s400 Frame charger with a 5.5 inlet and the factory intake horn is pretty tight to the bridge/cold side pipe. The twisted pedestal turns the ambient air intake towards the passenger side so I was thinking itíd be less of a squeeze to fit a 5.5 inch intake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It might work, dont think anyone has tried. Why not just get the intake if you are putting in a 400



Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
__________________
Duramax. Little bit of this, little bit of that
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-12-2020, 06:00 PM
garrettlbz's Avatar
garrettlbz garrettlbz is offline
FNG
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Spring Creek, Nevada
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselmafiaLLY View Post
It might work, dont think anyone has tried. Why not just get the intake if you are putting in a 400



Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk


Donít wanna spend the money for the piping for it when I already have these. Iíd cut and re weld the drivers side to align with the angle from the twisted pedestal. The factory plenums are thinner than the street intake so I donít really see a reason it wonít fit


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Maroon 06 GMC CCSB LBZ
Delete, EFI, t-bolts out, overloads out, 3 inch shackle, 4 inch straight pipe, intake. All the basic mods
on the road to 1000hp

Maroon 06 GMC CCSB LLY
Stock on a 6" w/ 35's

1997 ccsb 7.3 ~ sold
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-12-2020, 06:02 PM
DieselmafiaLLY's Avatar
DieselmafiaLLY DieselmafiaLLY is offline
Keep Calm and Go Crazy
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettlbz View Post
Donít wanna spend the money for the piping for it when I already have these. Iíd cut and re weld the drivers side to align with the angle from the twisted pedestal. The factory plenums are thinner than the street intake so I donít really see a reason it wonít fit


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, you would need a hot side, downpipe and intake made for that ped.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
__________________
Duramax. Little bit of this, little bit of that
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-12-2020, 06:04 PM
garrettlbz's Avatar
garrettlbz garrettlbz is offline
FNG
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Spring Creek, Nevada
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselmafiaLLY View Post
Yeah, you would need a hot side, downpipe and intake made for that ped.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk


Either way Iíd need a downpipe, intake and probably have to modify the drivers side with any pedestal because the s400 will sit higher. I was just thinking the twisted would make the clearance of the large intake better


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Maroon 06 GMC CCSB LBZ
Delete, EFI, t-bolts out, overloads out, 3 inch shackle, 4 inch straight pipe, intake. All the basic mods
on the road to 1000hp

Maroon 06 GMC CCSB LLY
Stock on a 6" w/ 35's

1997 ccsb 7.3 ~ sold
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-12-2020, 06:05 PM
ZeroGravity58's Avatar
ZeroGravity58 ZeroGravity58 is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,092

Default

Werhli makes a turbo install kit with the twisted pedestal that is made for the wagler street intake. If you use a twisted pedestal with your y bridge it looks like the inlet of the turbo would be right up against the y bridge making it difficult to get a intake on it. The wagler intake moves the cold side over and out towards the front of the motor. You also have to run a van t stat housing if I remember right because of this also
__________________
09 lmm ccsb ltz, moonshine, mpi s480 over 68mm vgt, sdp y bridge, BigDipper trans, 60 overs, 10mm pump, ppe up pipes and manifold, banks intercooler & exhaust, airdog165 w/sump, isspro guages, traction bars, the list goes on...Big thanks to BigDipper!
01 lb7 red RC/LB [email protected] MPH, SOLD
01 lb7 Black CC/LB, SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-12-2020, 07:03 PM
Ne-max's Avatar
Ne-max Ne-max is offline
I like turtles
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lincoln, Ne
Posts: 3,208

Default

I know it's not exactly the same but on my old set up the cold side pipe came in similar to the wherli y bridge. But centered more. I dont think you'll clear a 5". That's 4" in my pic. Your best bet is gonna be a lb7 style y bridge and cold side pipe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200212-195949_Gallery.jpg (113.2 KB, 37 views)
__________________
2013 ccsb Tow rig
2006 rclb 6.6
The fun stuff. Built motor, trans, triples, nitrous
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors