Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 08-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Freedom Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC_2002_Dmax View Post
I am not going to ask EFI-Live to revisit this as they have better things to spend their time on.

This is too bad
Thank you.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, Ecodiesel
Old 08-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Hotrodder

This is the same issues I have been fighting on a truck for 3 months !!! Lmm and 4094vvt or cheetahs just don't go together on some trucks
MOTOR BUILD DONE
Old 08-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Hotrodder

So is the cheetah/4094 the problem?

The Rabbit-build in progress
1984 2wd SB c10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider552 View Post
big balls if you measure in seconds of duration
Old 08-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Gearhead

Tony is pretty much spot on with what he posted, his tuning was only on the truck for about 9k miles but the truck has had twins for 37k of the 39k miles that are currently on the odo. I bought the truck with the twins at 9k miles and it had what i was told was ATP robs tuning then and I added a cp3 and 60 overs with robs tuning at 28k and the truck HAULED ASS and RAN AMAZING, much better driveability and everything else across the board than what the truck had prior.

I blew the motor due to my own fault and had it rebuilt and went with the cheeta not knowing we were reinventing the wheel.

I never get online and 99.5% of what I know about the truck I learned in the last few hours. I dont care to get online or play the nut swinging game. I want the truck to run right. Thats it, I have no agendas or loyaltys to anything other than Nitto, I feel like I need to be buying a new set of rear tires every 5k miles or so

Tony has a ton of time in the truck but I havent talked to him to know the full extent. The problem is EFI LIVEs and until they step up to the plate and get something figured out keeping the cheeta on the truck is pointless. Robs tunes are on the truck now and it builds no boost and billows black smoke like a 77 mack dump truck, but it throws no codes. I knew tonys tuning was better than what I was told was robs tuning that came on the truck so I wanted to stay with tonys stuff but after a month + was willing to try anything which is how we ended up back with rob.

My 2012 lml thats bone stock will bust this race trucks ass off the line.

I tried the PPE route and was promptly told, by the reference that PPE provided me, that the PPE would run pretty much identical to what rob had figured out. And thats after PPE says the truck will pretty much be perfect with there stuff on it. If they would allow me to return the box if it didnt run well I would try it but they wont so that pretty much leads me to believe that it wont fix shit either. I even asked if I could return it for a credit towards future tuner for one of my 2012 trucks and was told no, so yeah, im pretty sure PPE aint the answer either.

I will ship this big smokey pile of shit to anyone that has a fix as long as no money changes hands until its right and you pay to get it back to me if you waste a bunch of our time.

I think there are more trucks with issues that people arent talking about or just returned to stock chargers, which is where my truck is headed in a few days if no one steps up and efi live wants to jack cock with cummins trucks all day.

Hopefully tony will still write me some tunes when the cheeta comes off.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:10 PM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtymaxx03 View Post
It only seems to be the problem because efi live wont open the tables up needed to adjust the time it takes the low boost codes to throw the trucks into reduced power. The bigger vvt chargers build boost milliseconds slower than stock but thats all it takes to light the dash up and cripple the truck.

That is the general consensus after staying on the phone all day with all sorts of different folks and not getting much work done

Some LMMs have more shit in the ecm/bcm than others and without the ability to play with it, those trucks will run like rubbish (mine)

If I hadnt just traded in the last lmm I had aside from the built truck I would have tried a full electornics swap!

I think what I just typed to be mostly correct based on the info gatherd today through any source that would answer the phone, my truck has been down for 6 months to the day and im just ready to go fast again
Old 08-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Tabasco Injected!

If your willing to ship it... we at Calvins will give it a hand... no money will be spent unless its fixed.... this may very unlikely be a tuning issue considering Tony and rob couldn't conquered it... to whom those 2 guys have my utmost respect. We would be happy to take on the challenge...not to be heros, but diagnostic is what we get off to :-)

Good luck, and huge props to Tony for the time he has put into this on behalf of the tuning community. You and Rob have my utmost respect.
-500+mm3 injectors
-S&S 12mm cp3x2 (Ecu Controlled)
-475/106-HSP built
-Socal 16.5-1 Built motor
-Socal Alt Fire Cam
-Calvins 48re.. Maybe swap in a 4r?
-5000lbs!

WWW.PPEI.COM
WWW.EZLynk.COM
Old 08-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Daggum farm truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluessmax View Post
If your willing to ship it... we at Calvins will give it a hand... no money will be spent unless its fixed.... this may very unlikely be a tuning issue considering Tony and rob couldn't conquered it... to whom those 2 guys have my utmost respect. We would be happy to take on the challenge...not to be heros, but diagnostic is what we get off to :-)

Good luck, and huge props to Tony for the time he has put into this on behalf of the tuning community. You and Rob have my utmost respect.
Good luck. I hope you saw the part that says you have to pay to ship it back if you can't fix it...

06 Express 2500 Duramax Van "The Dumpster"

Old 08-13-2012, 07:38 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtymaxx03 View Post
Yes on certain lmm trucks , not all
MOTOR BUILD DONE
Old 08-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluessmax View Post

It is absolutely a tuning issue, the way it has been explained to me there is nothing else it can be.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Freedom Diesel

JMHO, take the stupid Cheetah off. you'll be happier with the truck running it's balls off without the problems caused by a piece of hardware.
Thank you.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, Ecodiesel
Old 08-13-2012, 07:49 PM
Tabasco Injected!

Good luck bud!
-500+mm3 injectors
-S&S 12mm cp3x2 (Ecu Controlled)
-475/106-HSP built
-Socal 16.5-1 Built motor
-Socal Alt Fire Cam
-Calvins 48re.. Maybe swap in a 4r?
-5000lbs!

WWW.PPEI.COM
WWW.EZLynk.COM
Old 08-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddski88 View Post
JMHO, take the stupid Cheetah off. you'll be happier with the truck running it's balls off without the problems caused by a piece of hardware.
Thats where this train is headed, and it gets clearer every minute.

Is there a non vvt replacement that will be tunable, still tow and haul ass?
Old 08-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Smaller than stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplv View Post
Thats where this train is headed, and it gets clearer every minute.

Is there a non vvt replacement that will be tunable, still tow and haul ass?
Trent's s371. Or talk to mark at Danville about his 72mm vvt and see if he is having any kind of issues along your lines. Good luck. Hope you get it figured out.
Calvin's Custom Transmission
BT Diesel Works lock up box
EFI Live by Kory @ Power Performance Inc.
100% Exergy injectors
Titanium valve springs
Socal cut/coated pistons
4" lift w/20" BMF's
Old 08-13-2012, 08:18 PM
<<<< No Horsepower

why not try and go back to the stock turbo twin or run a small fixed turbo as the little guy?
7.78@87.7

2.5 puller in the Mecca!!

Manual Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BgBlDodge View Post
Al gore invented driving the turbo.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:23 PM
The Still Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplv View Post
Tony is pretty much spot on with what he posted, his tuning was only on the truck for about 9k miles but the truck has had twins for 37k of the 39k miles that are currently on the odo. I bought the truck with the twins at 9k miles and it had what i was told was ATP robs tuning then and I added a cp3 and 60 overs with robs tuning at 28k and the truck HAULED ASS and RAN AMAZING, much better driveability and everything else across the board than what the truck had prior.

I blew the motor due to my own fault and had it rebuilt and went with the cheeta not knowing we were reinventing the wheel.

I never get online and 99.5% of what I know about the truck I learned in the last few hours. I dont care to get online or play the nut swinging game. I want the truck to run right. Thats it, I have no agendas or loyaltys to anything other than Nitto, I feel like I need to be buying a new set of rear tires every 5k miles or so

Tony has a ton of time in the truck but I havent talked to him to know the full extent. The problem is EFI LIVEs and until they step up to the plate and get something figured out keeping the cheeta on the truck is pointless. Robs tunes are on the truck now and it builds no boost and billows black smoke like a 77 mack dump truck, but it throws no codes. I knew tonys tuning was better than what I was told was robs tuning that came on the truck so I wanted to stay with tonys stuff but after a month + was willing to try anything which is how we ended up back with rob.

My 2012 lml thats bone stock will bust this race trucks ass off the line.

I tried the PPE route and was promptly told, by the reference that PPE provided me, that the PPE would run pretty much identical to what rob had figured out. And thats after PPE says the truck will pretty much be perfect with there stuff on it. If they would allow me to return the box if it didnt run well I would try it but they wont so that pretty much leads me to believe that it wont fix shit either. I even asked if I could return it for a credit towards future tuner for one of my 2012 trucks and was told no, so yeah, im pretty sure PPE aint the answer either.

I will ship this big smokey pile of shit to anyone that has a fix as long as no money changes hands until its right and you pay to get it back to me if you waste a bunch of our time.

I think there are more trucks with issues that people arent talking about or just returned to stock chargers, which is where my truck is headed in a few days if no one steps up and efi live wants to jack cock with cummins trucks all day.

Hopefully tony will still write me some tunes when the cheeta comes off.
DING, DING, DING...........WE HAVE A WINNER !!!!!!

no boost being commanded or little boost being commanded = no underboost codes and a POS running truck.

There we have the answer, try to get boost to come up and "Reduced Engine Power"............!!!! Been there done that.

Kory.......have at it.......when it wears you out and you eat $800-$1000 in shipping and still get no where you won't hear me telling you "I told you so"

2016 Denali LML
-> SOLD
2012 Denali LML - > SOLD

2007 GMC "Classic", LBZ, SLE1 ,RC/LB,

12.525 at 107.07 - > SOLD

2002-GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE/CC/SB/4X4~Powered By "MOONSHINE"
12.65 fuel only, 12.00 on some N20
Retired 04/18/2009 -> SOLD