Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 03-04-2014, 09:29 AM
<--- slippery roads

Default NEW PRODUCT: GMT-900 cargo light control!!

Hi everyone.

I havent been around the forums as much as I used to; been extremely busy with a couple new products, as well as improving/redesigning existing products.

One of the new little gadgets is the cargo light control module for the 2007.5-2014 GMT-900 pickup trucks.

Anyone with a 2007.5-2014 truck knows how obnoxious it is that GM stopped having a separate switch for the cargo light, compared to the GMT-800 trucks and new K2XX trucks, which have separate dedicated switches to turn the cargo light on and off.

There are tons of times when you want to check on something in the bed at night time, yet in order to turn the cargo light on, you have to turn the interior dome light on too...which makes it impossible to see anything in the bed because you are blinded by the dome light!!

There great features about this unique module are as follows:

1. Small (size of a golf ball, mount the little box under the dash)

2. Completely stealth (no extra ugly switches to mount on your dashboard)

3. Retains the factory battery-rundown protection feature (so if you turn the cargo light on and forget to turn it off, the module will automatically turn the cargo light off after ~10 minutes to prevent your battery from going dead)

4. Easy to install (just a couple wires to tap)

5. Has auxiliary outputs so you can wire up additional cargo lighting (LED bed-rail lights like the new K2XX trucks maybe???)

You are probably wondering how it works, considering there are no ugly aftermarket switches to mount or holes to drill in your dashboard... Simply press the factory dome-override button (on the headlight switch) 4 times within 5 seconds, and the cargo light turns on. Press the dome-override button 4 times again and the cargo light turns off.

I should have these ready to ship within 2 weeks. Havent figured on a final price yet, but they will be very reasonable, and I will run an introduction sale.

thanks
Ben

2012 Denali - R&D testbed for upcoming new products.....
2005 Silverado LT - Blown up/broken too many engines and parts to care about making it fast anymore, so its back to mostly stock - The best names in the industry for parts/advice/help...MikeL.Guy-SoCal.Rob-ATP.Evan-Limitless.McRat.BigDipper.Bobo.Tony-RRDP.Fingers.Eric-MA.EFILive...

BT DieselWorks, LLC - EFILive tuning - Duramax/Allison/gasser STANDALONE HARNESSES - Allison lockup controllers - Allison tapshift kits - Digital DSP-5 switches - full assortment of great electronic improvements and gadgets for your GM truck/SUV

All products available for sale through our online store at www.btdieselworks.com

Be sure to "like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BTDWorks
Be sure to "follow" us on Instagram @btdieselworks
Old 03-04-2014, 09:39 AM
Sponsor

YES! Thank you Ben!
SOLD: 2008 Chevy LMM, Ec/Sb, Brown, 4x4, LT, 3" drop shackles, 20x9" XD Bronze Hoss, 305x50r20 Nitto 420s, DTS 71.5mm 4094avnt/billet s483, Ppe new style manifolds and up-pipes, Airdog II 165, 100% over stock exergy injectors, Ppe dual cp3s,
DIED: Nov 5 2012
Reborn! : April 21 2013 956hp/1863ftlbs
SOLD: 1973 D100 Rc/Sb 12v H1C/HT3B 420hp/870ftlbs
SOLD: 2003 LB7 Cc/Sb built trans and giggle
SOLD: 2007.5 LMM Rc/Lb
SOLD: 2010 Cc/Sb Cummins Pos
Current: 2015.5 LML Cc/Sb
Old 03-04-2014, 03:24 PM
Hotrodder

Will the interior dome lights cycle each time until the cargo lamp is activated seperatly?

Sold 08 GMC 4X4 CC/SB 6" Fabtech, BMF's

09.5 Last of the brand G8 GXP

98 Silverado 3500 Cummin On Strong- 12v cummins p-pumped nv4500
Old 03-04-2014, 05:06 PM
Turning it back up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z79outlaw View Post
Will the interior dome lights cycle each time until the cargo lamp is activated seperatly?
Not if you have the doors closed lol.

Sign me up Ben.
Carrillos, Fingers 16.5:1 Cast Pistons, 3388AF Cam, PPE Dual CP3's, Exergy 200% inj, Danvile Billet 72R, HSP tripples/2-SXE369's, Limitless Diesel All Billet Comp Trans with LD TC, DHD lock up, Air Dog, Banks, RDL, CalTracs, QA1, M/A, Isspro, Novakanes/420's, 30x14 cheaters
Tuning from Mark@Danville

1,101HP/1727ftlbs
6.56@111 1/8
10.12@138 1/4
Old 03-04-2014, 05:40 PM
Duragon

Qu

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2014, 08:06 PM
Hotrodder

Can't wait till they are out. When I sold the lbz for the Lml I was confused on why that feature was removed can't wait to see a final price
Old 03-05-2014, 07:28 PM
<--- slippery roads

I was also thinking, another alternative to the "dome-override button press routine" to turn the cargo light on and off......I could also program the module to read the headlight knob. So you turn the headlight knob to the spring-loaded "off" position twice to turn the cargo light on, and turn it twice to the off position to turn the cargo light off.

But the problem with that is if you're driving at night, your headlights would flash off, then on. Which isnt a good idea obviously.

Which is why I thought the dome-override button was the most feasible method of actuating the module. Yes, if the door is open, and you do the button-press-routine, the dome lights will flash quickly, but I didnt think that would be a big deal.

Ben

2005 Silverado LT - Blown up/broken too many engines and parts to care about making it fast anymore, so its back to mostly stock - The best names in the industry for parts/advice/help...MikeL.Guy-SoCal.Rob-ATP.Evan-Limitless.McRat.BigDipper.Bobo.Tony-RRDP.Fingers.Eric-MA.EFILive...

BT DieselWorks, LLC - EFILive tuning - Duramax/Allison/gasser STANDALONE HARNESSES - Allison lockup controllers - Allison tapshift kits - Digital DSP-5 switches - full assortment of great electronic improvements and gadgets for your GM truck/SUV

All products available for sale through our online store at www.btdieselworks.com

Old 03-05-2014, 07:47 PM
I like turtles

You need to come up with a 4x4 indicator light for these trucks.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:06 PM
<--- slippery roads

Like a little auxiliary LED that you mount on your dash that lights up when in 4wd?

Old 03-06-2014, 10:35 AM
I like turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by duratothemax View Post
Like a little auxiliary LED that you mount on your dash that lights up when in 4wd?
Yes. There times I forget I have mine in 4wd or accidentally bump the switch. Would not think it would be to hard to come up with something.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:10 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Please

LBZ CCSB 4x4
EFI Live
RDL Y-bridge
166,000 miles
Sold

2003 C&C lb7/zf6
276,000 miles
LBZ/ZF6/4x4 Conversion
Old 03-05-2014, 09:46 PM
Hotrodder

How long till these are relased
Old 03-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Now with less _

I just wish the dome override button kept the interior light from coming on. That seemed logical.
The world isn't always listening
Disappear
Old 03-11-2014, 09:28 AM
<--- slippery roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by nar View Post
I just wish the dome override button kept the interior light from coming on. That seemed logical.
does it not? Im confused???

Old 03-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Now with less _

Quote:
does it not? Im confused???
I mean if it's pushed in to keep the light off then it should keep it off when you turn the knob for the interior/cargo light so just the cargo light comes on. Then push the button so the inside light can come on. I hate the new ford type setup where both come on. Your solution would work but it should have been as I described from the factory. Or like it used to be pre 07 that worked fine.
The world isn't always listening
Disappear