Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 06-19-2019, 02:15 PM
Hotrodder

I believe i saw 13-1 ratio on the new psc xd box.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

-2018 Audi S4
-2007 LBZ CCSB LT3- 3794 stg 2 ,efi dsp5, custom coil over ,deaver 1/2 ton 4" springs , Mike L Trans , fass 150 , k3la ,bolt ons 600whp/1100wtq
-1955 Belaire
-2012 Ram 5500 6.7 -Kelderman 4 link rear/front , accuair elevel ,service truck #CHASETRUCKMOBILE

dreams sold
09 CTS-V 800 WHP Daily
04 SS Silverado TT 440 LSX 1200 AWHP-Truckin throwdown winner 2012
Old 06-19-2019, 04:19 PM
Gearhead

I have a redhead they just went through for me and well aged pump and booster. Fresh Gm fluid. Every kryptonite part you can throw at it on 35s.

It doesn't have a lot of feedback near 12 o'clock but it is tight. I can see how it could get like yours with some miles on it. It turns fine in a parking lot so long as I'm easy on the brakes at the same time.

The six bolt box looks awesome.what did they come in factory?
2002 ccsb,zf6,SB org dual disc,3" mbrp dp,4" mbrp exh, exhaust brake,s&b intake,ported airhorn,p&p ihi w/wetzel wheel,ppe boost valve and rail plug,ad 165,lml manifold,arp studs,lift bags,4" rancho lift,35's
Old 06-20-2019, 02:49 PM
Hotrodder

after a few days with the box in , the ratio is much quicker than stock. i rarely find my self turning more than a 1/2 turn to the left or right. Highway speeds feel stable as can be . Maneuvering the truck is much easier and feels like its much more nimble. The added sport does amplify the body roll without the air bags. Its so easy to have the truck turning from left to right and being my suspension is very soft . Im happy with it now and will continue to update.

-2018 Audi S4
-2007 LBZ CCSB LT3- 3794 stg 2 ,efi dsp5, custom coil over ,deaver 1/2 ton 4" springs , Mike L Trans , fass 150 , k3la ,bolt ons 600whp/1100wtq
-1955 Belaire
-2012 Ram 5500 6.7 -Kelderman 4 link rear/front , accuair elevel ,service truck #CHASETRUCKMOBILE

dreams sold
09 CTS-V 800 WHP Daily
Old 01-04-2020, 10:34 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
Thanks for posting these alternate part numbers. We have installed 3 or 4 of those PSC boxes, but I suspect like you that they are the same product without the PSC sticker on it. I just ordered a 3 spline to try out on my friend's truck. I will let you guys know how it compares to one from PSC.
Any update on the rockauto boxes? My stock box finally called it quits.
Old 01-06-2020, 06:38 PM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitzBlitz View Post
Any update on the rockauto boxes? My stock box finally called it quits.
Iím also interested in how this unit worked out since the end shaft seal in my gearbox is blown. I looked up the rock auto part number posted in the first page and it looks like this beefier unit was used in various Chevy/gmc vehicles.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:57 PM
Tech

I’ve tried calling psc and even emailing them and have never talked to or received a message from them. I could see how warranty could be a drag if this is how difficult it is to get a hold of someone to talk to. Rare parts told me to give psc a call when I was buying their tie rods as they said they were the supplier to psc for the idler and pitman arm they sell.

But I too am curious if anyone has had luck with the rock auto ones. Otherwise I may just get a rebuild kit for mine since it’s just starting to get wet around pitman shaft seal.

Anyone play with the pitman shaft adjustment to get a better feel other than factory recommended spec? Just curious
Old 01-06-2020, 10:02 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEfreak View Post
Iím also interested in how this unit worked out since the end shaft seal in my gearbox is blown. I looked up the rock auto part number posted in the first page and it looks like this beefier unit was used in various Chevy/gmc vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleC4 View Post
But I too am curious if anyone has had luck with the rock auto ones. Otherwise I may just get a rebuild kit for mine since itís just starting to get wet around pitman shaft seal.
Well weíll find out- just ordered one. Should be here Monday.
Old 01-06-2020, 10:21 PM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleC4 View Post
Iíve tried calling psc and even emailing them and have never talked to or received a message from them. I could see how warranty could be a drag if this is how difficult it is to get a hold of someone to talk to. Rare parts told me to give psc a call when I was buying their tie rods as they said they were the supplier to psc for the idler and pitman arm they sell.

But I too am curious if anyone has had luck with the rock auto ones. Otherwise I may just get a rebuild kit for mine since itís just starting to get wet around pitman shaft seal.

Anyone play with the pitman shaft adjustment to get a better feel other than factory recommended spec? Just curious
Iíve read that trying to get tighter steering through that adjustment will wear out the gearbox rapidly.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:01 AM
Hotrodder

I would try the rockauto one without hesitating. mine is still tight and holding on strong. i have a redhead here that is decent just needs a rebuild or adjustment.

I takes some getting used to with the quicker ratio but im used to it now. good alignment and its near perfect now.

-2018 Audi S4
-1955 Belaire

dreams sold
09 CTS-V 800 WHP Daily
Old 01-07-2020, 02:33 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04chase View Post
I would try the rockauto one without hesitating. mine is still tight and holding on strong. i have a redhead here that is decent just needs a rebuild or adjustment.

I takes some getting used to with the quicker ratio but im used to it now. good alignment and its near perfect now.
I looked on visionís website and they list lock to lock as 3.2 turns which is the same as what my truck is (with what I assume is the original box). Was there a ratio change? I looked and couldnít find any threads addressing it.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:30 PM
Tech

Quote:
I looked on visionís website and they list lock to lock as 3.2 turns which is the same as what my truck is (with what I assume is the original box). Was there a ratio change? I looked and couldnít find any threads addressing it.
I donít mind lock to lock the same. Iíd just like a tighter feeling steering box. Donít get me wrong, the pisk kit helped with new gm pitman and idler arms. I havenít even installed my rare parts outer tie rods yet.
Old 01-16-2020, 01:52 PM
Hotrodder

Update on the rock auto box. Hopefully I just got sent the wrong part. Box is correct but definitely is not what I was expecting- looks to be remanned as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 5C295D85-90A9-4301-8EFD-1A88C55A59DF.jpeg (55.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 5F8F2433-31E7-4C59-8E6B-F5EB179D8E95.jpg (37.2 KB, 38 views)
Old 01-16-2020, 04:38 PM
Gearhead

I just went out on a limb and bought a bluetop steering box. Anyone have input on those?
06 LBZ cc/sb. 376k miles. MA Racing pushrods, MBRP downpipe, Kryptonite steering components, remote coolant bypass filter, PCV reroute, ARP studs, Setrab Transmission cooler, hydraulic hose trans lines and fittings, Limitless diesel trans with Suncoast 1078 converter. Rest all stock, always a work in progress.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:12 PM
Tech

Quote:
Update on the rock auto box. Hopefully I just got sent the wrong part. Box is correct but definitely is not what I was expecting- looks to be remanned as well.
Yeah the pitman shaft top plate looks to only have 4 bolts. I thought that PSC box had a 5 bolt.....but yeah hopefully packaged wrong in your case. And with those markings on the body it does definitely look like a reman.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:24 PM
Hotrodder

Update 2: Received second box- still same issue. Called the manufacturer and they gave me a line about “they have two separate suppliers for cores so it can vary.” Told them that since I am ordering a new box that should not be a concern. They agreed and are looking into and will call me back with a solution. So guess we’ll see what happens.

Edit: They said they do not work with the manufacturer of that housing anymore and can no longer get it. So sounds like the rock auto boxes with only be the oe duty ones.

Last edited by RitzBlitz; 01-23-2020 at 01:30 PM.