Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 08-07-2018, 09:53 AM
GM TECH @ FENDER GMC

Default Lb7 5 speed

I'll keep it short and sweet driving Sunday home from church in
my 02 lb7 my son and I were cruising 55mph. truck kicked down into 4th went into limp mode dtc was p0700 and p0735 5 gear incorrect ratio. My question is I made it almost 100,000 miles on this dts build pretty good I think. My question is what should I go with this go round I want purchase just parts to build it myself at work in free time. I've had good luck with alto red eagle power packs in my 06 they have lasted since 06. I'm very maintenance oriented I change fluid every 15,000-20,000 and spin on every 5,000 which I know that should not have led to clutch failure but things fail so on to the next build open to suggestions on clutches and converter max power truck will ever make 650-700rwhp thanks
2006 Chevy 2500HD LBZ Duramax Summit White CCSB Tan (neutral) leather LT3 pkg w/sunroof OEM bra 4x4, ISSPRO EV, ATS Twin CP3's, Built Allison, Eaton E-locker front stock G80 rear, Kennedy Twin pump filter combo kit, Snow Perf Stage 2 w/m injection, 4in to 5in banks tip, HM Big K&N, Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC 315/75/16 on stock rims, Rancho RS9000XL, Fabtech HD TR, Cognito P&I Brace kit, DD/Puller/Work Truck

2002 Chevy 2500HD LB7 Duramax Summit White CCSB Grey (neutral) leather LT3 pkg OEM bra 4x4, Kennedy Twin Pump Filter Combo Kit, ISSPRO EV, PPE Boost Valve, DTS Built Allison, MikeL Cooler, ATS Billet Flexplate, DTS 3in DS IC pipe, Bill's 5in CAI (White), Big K&N, 4in to 7in black stack, Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC 315/75/16 on stock rims, Cognito P&I Brace kit, Sleeves, Energy Sway bar Kit, DD/Puller/Work truck

Special Thanks: (David) DTS, (Guy) Socal Diesel, (Nick & crew) DuramaxTuner, (Dan) PPE, (John) Kennedy Diesel, (Tony) All Season
Old 08-07-2018, 11:00 AM
Isuzu Shakes IT

This might depend on what DTS did to the trans when they built it, but you can buy just the clutch packs from suncoast without any valve body mods or shafts for a decent price.
Jesse
Old 08-07-2018, 01:22 PM
GM TECH @ FENDER GMC

Dts blue street build trans I was present and helped David with the build in 2012 as he walked me through it. billet input and output shafts are present in it dpc 1900 stock stall converter transgo shift kit is present clutches are mixture of two brands. just curious what will actually last and hold. I don't beat on the truck nor do I abuse it if anything I overly maintain both trucks I'll play every now and then at red lights and local sled pulls but that's about it otherwise it's my daily driver
2006 Chevy 2500HD LBZ Duramax Summit White CCSB Tan (neutral) leather LT3 pkg w/sunroof OEM bra 4x4, ISSPRO EV, ATS Twin CP3's, Built Allison, Eaton E-locker front stock G80 rear, Kennedy Twin pump filter combo kit, Snow Perf Stage 2 w/m injection, 4in to 5in banks tip, HM Big K&N, Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC 315/75/16 on stock rims, Rancho RS9000XL, Fabtech HD TR, Cognito P&I Brace kit, DD/Puller/Work Truck

2002 Chevy 2500HD LB7 Duramax Summit White CCSB Grey (neutral) leather LT3 pkg OEM bra 4x4, Kennedy Twin Pump Filter Combo Kit, ISSPRO EV, PPE Boost Valve, DTS Built Allison, MikeL Cooler, ATS Billet Flexplate, DTS 3in DS IC pipe, Bill's 5in CAI (White), Big K&N, 4in to 7in black stack, Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC 315/75/16 on stock rims, Cognito P&I Brace kit, Sleeves, Energy Sway bar Kit, DD/Puller/Work truck

Special Thanks: (David) DTS, (Guy) Socal Diesel, (Nick & crew) DuramaxTuner, (Dan) PPE, (John) Kennedy Diesel, (Tony) All Season
Old 08-07-2018, 05:25 PM
Isuzu Shakes IT

The suncoast Gmax 5-2 kits should include everything you need to do a refresh with their parts (not 100% sure). The Alto carbon clutches will hold better from what I've read, but you're nowhere near being able to slip the raybestos frictions I'd say.

Just PM Evan or call suncoast directly, a refresh shouldn't cost that much.
Jesse
Old 10-01-2018, 05:22 PM
GM TECH @ FENDER GMC

What would be the best clutches to go with altos or raybestoes? Thanks kits or what

Old 10-09-2018, 08:13 PM
GM TECH @ FENDER GMC

Ttt any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Old 10-11-2018, 12:46 AM
Gearhead

I got a full 6-speed kit from Evan at Limitless just shy of 2 years ago. If my notes are correct, C1, C3, and C4 were alto discs, and C2 was Raybestos. Haven't really kept myself up to date on the latest and greatest since then though, so he might be doing things a bit differently. Give Evan a call, and he'll be happy to set you up with everything you need, and answer any questions you have during the build. The dude's customer service is phenominal
Old 10-16-2018, 04:19 PM
GM TECH @ FENDER GMC

That's what the dts build has that I did back in 2013 its a mixture of clutches altos and raybestoes clutches what I'm curious is would it be wise to mix again or to full bore all raybestoes gpz in c1 c2 c3 c4 c5? Or are those available? I'll try and get in touch with Evan to get some info

Old 10-16-2018, 05:17 PM
Isuzu Shakes IT

I don't see what it would hurt mixing them
Jesse
Old 10-16-2018, 10:44 PM
Heavy & Slow

I have a mix of Altos and GPZs in my truck's transmission. Seems to work pretty well.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk