Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 11-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Freedom Diesel

Default Freedom Diesel/ Brand X Performance Dyno Day, Dec 8th

Hey guys,
As some of you are aware, I am in the Mass National Guard and recently was sent to the Rockaways, in NYC to support the relief mission. What I saw was an entire island of people who had no infrastructure left to support themselves, very little FEMA/ Red Cross aid in comparison with National Guard and private aid, and a lot of heart shown by young volunteers to show up in droves to help. I decided to organize 2 fundraisers, in 2 states to help raise money to support the battered community centers in which my unit was working. The first was a "celebrity bartender night" last week that raised $2000 cash. This Dyno Day is being organized to supplement that.

On Saturday, Dec 8th, at the Brand X Performance Dyno shop in Barrington, NH we will be offering dyno runs for $45 for 3 runs, raffles, and food catered to us by George Sr. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the NYCHA community centers in Rockaway and Far Rockaway. This is a rain or shine event, but please plan ahead and dress warmly, as I am sure it will be chilly. Thanks for your help and I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Tim Judd
Thank you.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, Ecodiesel
Old 11-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Hotrodder

Good for you for doing something like this man, when i got home from iraq in 05 we got sent down to new orleans for clean up and securtiy missions and its crazy how in shambles 1 storm will do a state
Old 11-27-2012, 06:14 PM
Freedom Diesel

Yea, I wasn't in then, but my BTN was sent there for 2 months as well. The mission in NYC was quite different than the missions after Katrina
Thank you.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, Ecodiesel
Old 11-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Hotrodder

Oh i can only imagine man, it was the most poorly planned mission id ever been part of, it was where you were kinda embarrassed to be part of the govt that was supposed to help people when you really couldnt do anything to help them