Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 10-12-2009, 10:34 AM
I may be wrong, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasuout View Post
I think its time for me to add a lift pump . Even with the 2 cp3 , I think I will give in now and add a lift pump . I hate electric pumps ..... never trusted them and have had many failures in the past on gas motors .

Its time though I think .
If you hate electric pumps then go with a Mitusa.
07.5 CC/SB 2500HD LMM OS 8594 Diamond Eye downpipe, Magnaflow stainless 4" exhaust, Airdog 150, TransGo Jr, EFI Live, Cognito leveling kit with braces and sleeves, 33" TOYO M/T's on stock 17" rims, JL Audio amp and sub in subthump box.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Finally underway !!!!!

Johny get a lift pump , i ran my truck for a week with dual cp3's and no lift pump , def noticed more fuel once i added the lift pump , but depends on the size of tunes your running too though .

X3 on the MITUSA
01 DMAX 2500 HD = Extreme Prejudice -> EPR Triple turbo Kit, EPR Allison Transmission, Aria's Forded Pistons, Howards Xbeam Rods , Built Engine, Ported Heads , Stage 2 cam, and Gorilla Girdle all by Randy's Engine And Machine , PPE Dual CP3's with 120% stroker pump , DDP 47LMP Injectors , 2-BD Diesel 165 GPH lift pumps , Frozen Boost W/A Cooler , 4link with coil overs at every corner , and a bunch of stuff I am probably forgetting.

9.87 @ 143.56, DA=6550

www.extremeprejudiceracing.com

2001 GMC CC/LB "The tow rig" , EPR Triple Turbo's EPR Trans , EFI live , RDL Headers and mouth peice, 305/55 R20 Coopers , 5" exhaust .

Last edited by TrentNell; 10-12-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Robi View Post
If you hate electric pumps then go with a Mitusa.
Ive been considering them all lately Robi .

Trent you know I run big tunes , so I am sure I would benefit from a lift pump and the extra length of time I demand fuel over you guys being heavier and long full throttle passes in seconds of demand. Especially at glamis going up Oldsmobile . Just was never to worried about it in the past and my racing just for fun .

No where to put mitsua with my 2nd cp3 there I thought . Or is there a place ... not looked into the mitsua much ?? Thought it went where the 2nd CP3 pump went on the trucks I have seen it on in the past . Not sure i have room under hood there either . That is even bigger hassle to me really adding more to the belt system . I just need to break down and go with a lift pump I guess . I will make a bypass so if it takes a crap I can just open a ball valve and let it bypass the pump and pull the fuse till fixed if ever needed . Figured I would wait in hopes the pumps just get better and better . Just did a install on a friends Ford with the Fass and really liked the pump . Pretty nice set up the fass and looked very high quality . Ive been checking everybodys pumps out lately .

Helped semperfi with his Airdog too ... well fixed all his leaks LOL . What a mess diesel can be and turn the undercoating on trucks to tar like goo . Its nice also but liked the fass a bit better . Airdog did come with a nice harness but so did the fass . For the kodiak none of that harness will plug right in though and would have to be altered on any . Plus its 6 ft farther back the tank than 2500's . LOL . Im looking into it now and I guess will give in to my dislike of electric pumps .

Something i have always recomended to guys installing lift pump is a bypass so if you ever lose a pump you can pull over and open ball valve in place to a bypass line teed in on each side of pump already installed . Then just pull fuse to it and roll again to get home and while it is out for replacement or repair . Many friends have called me on the side of the road towing and dead pump and I say I told you to install a bypass and this is why . A good little feature to install a bypass and very easy to do when installing elec pump .

Expensive little set up the fass , but seems worth it it when you see the quality of it . Heavy sucker too .

What are the best lift pumps out there right now ??

Anything new hit the market lately ??

Last edited by Gasuout; 10-12-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Devilmaxx

Quote:

No where to put mitsua with my 2nd cp3 there I thought . Or is there a place ... not looked into the mitsua much ?? Thought it went where the 2nd CP3 pump went on the trucks I have seen it on in the past . Not sure i have room under hood there either . That is even bigger hassle to me really adding more to the belt system .
Maxx'd Out twin CP3 will not stop you from adding a mitsua it has been done.

Talk to Subman about the set up on Max'd Out hell they will be running 3 CP3's and a mitsua. So I am sure he could point you to what you need.

2008 2500HD 4X4 LTZ Z71 6.6L LMM
Mods: EFILive, MBRP 4" DPF Delete, BD Manifold, SD Manifold, SD Center Link, SD Sleeves, S&B Intake, FS-2500, PPE Trans Pan, Bushwacker fender flares, PPE Oil Centrifuge, And other non-go-fast things.

Things still need to put in: PCV Re-Route,Air Dog AD-200.

1984 GMC Jimmy 2-Door

1998 Buick Century Limited

Sold It will be missed. 1985 Mercedes 300SD - Running still need work.

Sold It will be missed. 1995 C/K 3500 4X4 Dually 6.5L
Mods: K&N air intake, 80Hp chip, 97 cooling, twin fans, #9 Resistor, FSD Heat-Sync, Full Pillar 3 Gauge (EGT, Boost, Transmission),

Old 10-13-2009, 04:55 AM
Super Moderator

www.fuelab.com

Come on guys......
Old 10-14-2009, 08:57 AM
Johnny

Thanks for the link . You running one of these .
Old 10-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Johnny

CK this Brayden . Not to bad for fist cheetah pull with kodiak . I was fully aired up and no weight in the back of the truck . I let the truck get into 4th and forgot to lock in 3rd . Lost some momentum but did very well with driving it right off the street and hooking it up . Stll very nice and thanks for the big power .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlVGK...er_profilepage
Old 10-14-2009, 10:28 AM
IFS Hater

Nice pull Johnny congrats. Bummer I couldn't make it up. If you want I found a thing to pull YouTube videos to your computer.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfidoordie View Post
Nice pull Johnny congrats. Bummer I couldn't make it up. If you want I found a thing to pull YouTube videos to your computer.
You'll have to hook me up with that . I would like to have them on my computer .
Old 10-15-2009, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for the link . You running one of these .
I will be as will Abby next year. 200gph @ 20psi is pretty cool IMO!!
Old 10-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Hotrodder

Im not sure about the other pumps but i know my airdog II 165 is flow thru . I had unplugged the fuse to work with efi and not have the pump running . next day I drove for over an hour before I realized that i forgot to plug it back in .
07/20/10 Homebuilt 366 /480 twins
10/23/10 11.74 @121 soft launch
9/11/11 11.39 @120
Old 10-24-2009, 10:01 AM
Back with his honey :)

Quote:
CK this Brayden . Not to bad for fist cheetah pull with kodiak . I was fully aired up and no weight in the back of the truck . I let the truck get into 4th and forgot to lock in 3rd . Lost some momentum but did very well with driving it right off the street and hooking it up . Stll very nice and thanks for the big power .

nice run there Johnny

Member # 270

Old 12-01-2009, 09:31 AM
Back with his honey :)

Quote:

for more discussion

Member # 270