Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 09-21-2015, 01:32 PM
Camaro killa

You can trade me for my stock turbo...it will quiet down
LBZ CCSB 4x4. deleted. re-routed. shimmed. EFI by Kory 4" MBRP downpipe-back w/Corsa. Alligator trans cooler hoses. 3" Pro-Fab downpipe. Transgo Jr. Banks ram air intake. MA pump rub fix. Rare Parts tie rods. Fumoto Valve. AirDog 150. Nicktane CAT filter adapter. SoCal 3388AF. ProFab charge pipe & Y-bridge. Mahle +0.020 pistons. Keyed cam & crank. ARP head studs, main studs, flywheel. Rotating assembly balanced. Merchant Auto motor mounts.

10/30/14- cracked piston
03/14/15-Back from the dead
Old 09-22-2015, 04:56 PM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_LBZ View Post
You can trade me for my stock turbo...it will quiet down
You can have my turbo if you swap our cams

Mahle Race Cast, Carillo Rods, Billet Caps, Girdle, Main/Head Studs, ATP Tuning, Exergy 60%s, Dual CP3s, Danville STG2R, and all of the other standard stuff...
Old 09-22-2015, 05:29 PM
Camaro killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWER Freak View Post
You can have my turbo if you swap our cams
Hahaha! How do you like the turbo? I been eyeball'n that same turbo, whenever I get my motor build paid off. Driveability? EGTs? Towing?
LBZ CCSB 4x4. deleted. re-routed. shimmed. EFI by Kory 4" MBRP downpipe-back w/Corsa. Alligator trans cooler hoses. 3" Pro-Fab downpipe. Transgo Jr. Banks ram air intake. MA pump rub fix. Rare Parts tie rods. Fumoto Valve. AirDog 150. Nicktane CAT filter adapter. SoCal 3388AF. ProFab charge pipe & Y-bridge. Mahle +0.020 pistons. Keyed cam & crank. ARP head studs, main studs, flywheel. Rotating assembly balanced. Merchant Auto motor mounts.

10/30/14- cracked piston
03/14/15-Back from the dead
Old 09-22-2015, 06:25 PM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_LBZ View Post
Hahaha! How do you like the turbo? I been eyeball'n that same turbo, whenever I get my motor build paid off. Driveability? EGTs? Towing?

Drivability truly is just like a stock turbo. As far as EGTs go my 680hp tune will get up to 1500ish. I don't tow anything super heavy, but with the 7000lb trailers that I do pull it does great.

Honestly, the only thing I didn't like was trying to get it tuned. ATP did the tuning and after a couple of different tunes it drives MUCH better. I do believe that Mark has changed the vane plate in the turbos made after 7/1/15 to make them easier to tune. That being said, I would assume that this potential downside doesn't apply anymore.

All in all I feel like I got a lot of bang for my buck and I like how it's a drop in replacement. If you're looking for a 700hp turbo, give or take, I say go for it.

Mahle Race Cast, Carillo Rods, Billet Caps, Girdle, Main/Head Studs, ATP Tuning, Exergy 60%s, Dual CP3s, Danville STG2R, and all of the other standard stuff...

Last edited by POWER Freak; 09-22-2015 at 06:41 PM.