Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 01-06-2017, 11:31 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDLance View Post
This is the feedback from our first guy. We are waiting on a second guy to get his on for his feedback.

----------
I was using voice dictation on my phone on the drive home to jot down my observations on differences I noticed.
I didn't expect to notice much with only the upgrades to the airflow. Well, not only do the changes look great,
they also seem to improve on an already pretty awesome design from Chevy.

1) The truck seems to shift a little harder. This may indicate more responsiveness. If it is responsiveness,
then that might be a positive. It did smooth out later on. This might also be the truck trying to engage 4wd.
I was almost to the Lawrence exit before I notice the switch was in the wrong position. It didn't engage,
though, and I made sure I didn't screw anything up when I got home.

2) You guys managed to break my 50 mile average fuel mileage through Kansas City where my new record is 32.5 MPG.
This is a 2.0 MPG improvement over my past 30.5 MPG. This includes some slow traffic and a minor traffic jam.
Most of the time my speed didn't exceed 60 MPH.

3) The highway RPMs are lower than before the new breathing tubes. I ran a steady 2000 RPM at 70 MPH where I
now run 1800 RPMs at 70 MPH.

4) There is more underhood noise than before. For someone hoping to fool people into thinking this is a gas
engine, this could be a negative. For me, I love people asking if it really has a diesel engine in it! A
little more noise that screams 'Babymax' is a great thing.

5) I drove for a bit with the windows down at <40 MPH and could lightly hear the turbo kick in. Previously,
it was nearly impossible to hear the turbo.

6) I can't be sure of this one, but it seems to accelerate to highway speeds on entrance ramps a little quicker.
That might just be perception.

Also, since you have another Colorado that will be testing some parts, it might be good to find out if he has
a tonneau cover on his or not when looking at MPG comparisons. I've read the tonneau cover will add 2-3 MPG, alone.

So far, it's looking good! I'll try to note any new observations and let you know. If you have any new ideas
after we get moved, let me know and I'll try to get the truck to you.

Thank you very much!

Jason
Sounds like this might be a good upgrade for the Colorado diesel guys. Though the part in bold has me a little confused to say the least.
Turbo/Manifold/Hotpipe Blankets
Old 01-06-2017, 12:21 PM
Vendor

Me too, but that's what he said. The only thing I can think of is the convertor lockup point may have been effected. Maybe it's load sensitive.

We also handle S & B filters, Air Dog lift pumps, American Eagle wheels, and Kraftwerks Superchargers.

On my 20th Duramax & still Loving them!
Old 01-06-2017, 03:32 PM
Hotrodder

Maybe he was not getting into 6th before?
Old 01-06-2017, 04:39 PM
Hotrodder

So no tuning done or what? Maybe I missed it.. If so maybe it got wrong size tires put in?
Old 01-06-2017, 11:09 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDLance View Post
Thanks!!

Not likely on the PCV without tuning. There is a sensor mounted in the PCV at the air tube.
Crappy so pretty much everything will need tuning on these? So when is the owner putting it on a Un needed parts diet so you can really make some fancy parts?

06 LBZ ECLB

Gauges, Danville Tunes, 5" Dumped, Trans by Evan, DP Stg2r, Sleeved/Braced and some other odds and ends crap that we all have
Old 01-07-2017, 11:39 AM
Vendor

No tuning on this one now and possibly never. The owner isn't into that kind of stuff. Would still like to find one for an EGR delete and maybe a header.

We also handle S & B filters, Air Dog lift pumps, American Eagle wheels, and Kraftwerks Superchargers.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:48 PM
Hotrodder

That's what I was hoping you would do. I bet they have some good gains to be had

06 LBZ ECLB

Gauges, Danville Tunes, 5" Dumped, Trans by Evan, DP Stg2r, Sleeved/Braced and some other odds and ends crap that we all have
Old 06-15-2017, 06:11 AM
Vendor

We have had nothing but positive feedback so far!!

Old 01-16-2018, 12:18 PM
Vendor

We should have a proto type done and on a truck within one week that will do away with the factory boot on the cold air side. There are several reports of the OEM tube bursting.

Our plans are to offer a kit designed for customers that have a stock tube and our current tube.

We will also rework our current cold side tube to do away with the OEM boot. That way we can help those that just want to upgrade the boot as well as those that want to do the whole thing.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:05 AM
Duranewb

I’m here in Morrison, Co. and just finished a few mods on my truck. Not sure if I can be any help but let me know.

Current
08 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CC/SB Duramax/Allison LTZ Z71 4x4, 6" Rough Country Lift, 20x12 -44 Moto Metal, 35/12.50/20 Toyo Open Country RT , Resonator Delete, PCV Reroute, S&B Intake, Glow Shift EGT, MBRP 4" Downpipe Back, Airdog II-4g 165, Efi Live(ATP/Idaho Rob)DSP5

Waiting to be installed
Forbidden EGR Delete/Tube, DE 3" Downpipe
Old 04-18-2018, 08:47 AM
That's better

Rick,

can you add this to my order?
SOLD
05 CC/LB 4X4
SOLD
Abby 01 RC/LB 10.28@144mph
SOLD