Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 03-20-2015, 12:33 PM
<--- slippery roads

Yes, I can make the harness for it no problem.

But right now, it will be required to keep the BCM and TDM (theft deterrent module) connected...so the standalone harness will have to incorporate those two things.

The LML ignition switch is also complicated, but Ive developed an interface module that will allow you to use standard 12v inputs so you can start it with an aftermarket ignition switch or toggle switches and not need to use the factory key or anything.

But like I said, as of right now, no one has figured out how to make a true standalone LML that can be run without the BCM and TDM hooked up.

The LML immobilizer is extremely complex, it is not enabled or disabled with a simple switch (in the code, like a bit that is set 1/0) like previous duramax's. As of right now, no one has figured it out.

The VATS disable stuff in EFILive allows you to successfully swap ECM's between factory pickup trucks without doing a theft-relearn or anything....but once you remove the ECM from a factory pickup truck electrical system, it shuts down.

Ive talked to many people who know a lot more about the LML code than I do, and no one has been able to make it work.

Ben

2012 Denali - R&D testbed for upcoming new products.....
2005 Silverado LT - Blown up/broken too many engines and parts to care about making it fast anymore, so its back to mostly stock - The best names in the industry for parts/advice/help...MikeL.Guy-SoCal.Rob-ATP.Evan-Limitless.McRat.BigDipper.Bobo.Tony-RRDP.Fingers.Eric-MA.EFILive...

BT DieselWorks, LLC - EFILive tuning - Duramax/Allison/gasser STANDALONE HARNESSES - Allison lockup controllers - Allison tapshift kits - Digital DSP-5 switches - full assortment of great electronic improvements and gadgets for your GM truck/SUV

All products available for sale through our online store at www.btdieselworks.com

Be sure to "like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BTDWorks
Be sure to "follow" us on Instagram @btdieselworks
Old 03-20-2015, 01:56 PM
Ehhh?.... You don't say?

isn't this what the GMLAN section in the tune is for? I thought it was added to aid in LML swaps?
2005 2500HD dmax, CCSB, 4" exhaust, Built motor with Carillo's .020 over 16:5.1 piston with .075 reliefs, Socal 6480 alt fire cam, ported LBZ head's, Exergy 10MM pump Stock lly cp3 on the belt, 400% LBZ injectors, S471/87 compounded with a GT5541R 106MM Fleece billet charger Werhli fab S400 install kit with bridge and piping, Merchant Auto Billet push tubes, Socal Valve springs, Socal valve covers, Socal flex plate, Mishimoto black intercooler, DSP5, Air dog 165,

1986 K10 short bed LQ4/4L80E

1984 CJ7 Powered by a 2000' LS1 5.7L

2015 LTZ Z71 LML, CCLB 3500HD.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:59 PM
Ehhh?.... You don't say?

This table defines what CAN messages the ECM will process from other modules with just the ignition on.
You would normally only alter this table for engine conversions where different vehicle platforms require different messages to be enabled or disabled or engine swaps where no other GM modules are present.
** IMPORTANT ** DO NOT ALTER THIS TABLE IF YOU ARE UNSURE WHAT YOU ARE DOING, RESULTS OF SHUTTING OFF OR ENABLING MESSAGES MAY RESULT IN UNPREDICATBLE VEHICLE OPERATION.
Only the following values may be entered into this table:
- Disable
- Enable

This is right out of an LML tune. maybe I'm wrong but isn't that what this is for?
2005 2500HD dmax, CCSB, 4" exhaust, Built motor with Carillo's .020 over 16:5.1 piston with .075 reliefs, Socal 6480 alt fire cam, ported LBZ head's, Exergy 10MM pump Stock lly cp3 on the belt, 400% LBZ injectors, S471/87 compounded with a GT5541R 106MM Fleece billet charger Werhli fab S400 install kit with bridge and piping, Merchant Auto Billet push tubes, Socal Valve springs, Socal valve covers, Socal flex plate, Mishimoto black intercooler, DSP5, Air dog 165,

Old 03-20-2015, 02:06 PM
<--- slippery roads

doesnt work

2012 Denali - R&D testbed for upcoming new products.....
2005 Silverado LT - Blown up/broken too many engines and parts to care about making it fast anymore, so its back to mostly stock - The best names in the industry for parts/advice/help...MikeL.Guy-SoCal.Rob-ATP.Evan-Limitless.McRat.BigDipper.Bobo.Tony-RRDP.Fingers.Eric-MA.EFILive...

BT DieselWorks, LLC - EFILive tuning - Duramax/Allison/gasser STANDALONE HARNESSES - Allison lockup controllers - Allison tapshift kits - Digital DSP-5 switches - full assortment of great electronic improvements and gadgets for your GM truck/SUV

All products available for sale through our online store at www.btdieselworks.com

Be sure to "like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BTDWorks
Be sure to "follow" us on Instagram @btdieselworks
Old 03-20-2015, 03:13 PM
Ehhh?.... You don't say?

figured. why would it be that easy.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:22 PM
Hotrodder

I took two sets of Rick Lance's stainless headers and fabricated water jackets from 3" round tubing, would have been much easier if I had told him to leave the flanges off and make the primary's 1" longer. Building the water cooled up pipes from scratch.
BBC marine bell housing will bolt up to d max and Huber or Bam velvet drive trans, however you will have to have a machine shop build an adapter plate to go between the flywheel and velvet drive flex plate to match bolt patterns and to move the flex plate back enough for the the trans spline to mate up. You'll have to have someone fab up a good copper nickel intercooler and a pretty long list of other stuff. I kind of have to use the d max's, I didn't leave enough room in the engine bay for an inline 6 and the trans. I'm planning on running the long blocks stock at first to get a baseline on performance. Innovation has a military prototype at 550hp. I've ridden with them in their test boat ( old 42' fountain) the d max isn't as strong as their production cummins but still runs an honest 55 mph in a boat that was never intended to run a single.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:34 PM
Hotrodder

I'm getting a lot of mixed info on the LML stand alone so who knows at this point.
PPE says they are working on it but nothing yet. SoCal says yes it's been done. I don't know, most of what I've done so far mechanically could be used on an earlier series but I really prefer the new ones. Ben, are you still thinking it can be done by keeping the BCM and dash harness?
Old 03-20-2015, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk 40 View Post
I took two sets of Rick Lance's stainless headers and fabricated water jackets from 3" round tubing, would have been much easier if I had told him to leave the flanges off and make the primary's 1" longer. Building the water cooled up pipes from scratch.
BBC marine bell housing will bolt up to d max and Huber or Bam velvet drive trans, however you will have to have a machine shop build an adapter plate to go between the flywheel and velvet drive flex plate to match bolt patterns and to move the flex plate back enough for the the trans spline to mate up. You'll have to have someone fab up a good copper nickel intercooler and a pretty long list of other stuff. I kind of have to use the d max's, I didn't leave enough room in the engine bay for an inline 6 and the trans. I'm planning on running the long blocks stock at first to get a baseline on performance. Innovation has a military prototype at 550hp. I've ridden with them in their test boat ( old 42' fountain) the d max isn't as strong as their production cummins but still runs an honest 55 mph in a boat that was never intended to run a single.
If you haven't got the intercooler I would call Marine Diesel and see if they will sell you one off of their packages. They have a nice set-up that sits on top of the engine and isn't too tall.

Or I would think PPE would have one designed for their swaps

Got any pics of what you have for room and set-up? Myself and a buddy were going to do a swap into Bayliner 2839 to replace his BBC but he ended up selling it and the built LLY and buying an aluminum hull boat with a diesel in it already.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:56 PM
pro-procrastinator

I'd really like to do a dmax swap into my xstar but it's just a dream.....

07 crew long classic- stolen
Old 03-20-2015, 06:57 PM
<<<Future tuna killer

What are you planning on powering with these?
2010 GMC 1500 SCSB Denali Clone < lifted 22's/33's, Kooks, Magnaflow, 5.3, 6l80, TVS1900, lots of boost, Mayhem tuned, etc... <<<<Broken Under Construction : BTR boost cam, sodium valves, titanium springs, 15% overdriven balancer, 80lb squirters>>>>

1969 MGB GT MKII Factory Condition

2016 LML CCSB Denali < Lifted 22's/35's, Fox 2.0 < I officially need help.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:22 PM
Hotrodder

39 Chris Craft Scorpion hull gutted out and rebuilt as center console
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (151.2 KB, 255 views)
Old 03-20-2015, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Deadly!!
Old 03-20-2015, 08:14 PM
Hotrodder

I've got the intercoolers covered locally. I talked to marine diesel a while back about a pair of their 400hp's but never asked about parts, figured they wouldn't help me build one. Anyway the mechanical stuff can be fabbed up but the electronic part is a bitch
Old 03-20-2015, 08:19 PM
Hotrodder

LBZ, your right though, the intercooler is best on top, these motors are slightly wider than BBC's and if your not careful you can run out if room in a boat with an 8' beam. Also it's a natural fit for these engines
Old 03-21-2015, 03:47 AM
<<<Future tuna killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk 40 View Post
39 Chris Craft Scorpion hull gutted out and rebuilt as center console
Nice. That ought to get up and move! Straight drive or out?
2010 GMC 1500 SCSB Denali Clone < lifted 22's/33's, Kooks, Magnaflow, 5.3, 6l80, TVS1900, lots of boost, Mayhem tuned, etc... <<<<Broken Under Construction : BTR boost cam, sodium valves, titanium springs, 15% overdriven balancer, 80lb squirters>>>>

1969 MGB GT MKII Factory Condition

2016 LML CCSB Denali < Lifted 22's/35's, Fox 2.0 < I officially need help.