View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 07:14 AM
Hotrodder

Default Wfo switch for fpr

ok some one told me this a few weeks ago,and then i tryed it on our pulling truck. on our pulling truck were running 45 over sticks,and a stock cp3.
now i dont know if any one has posted this already looked around and didnt see it any where,so im going to post it up!

ok i call this the WFO SWITCH FOR THE FPR
what this switch will do,max out the stock cp3 "wide open"
in other words it will let the stock cp3 push everything it can push.
now i didnt use a moded FPR,but i woudl think that if one did it woudl flow a little more fuel. the fpr works off of the ground,on all trucks so the ecm pulses the ground to acheve the right rail pressure.
when the FPR gets power its open all the time.

this is how its done,
you have two wires coming off the FPR one is yellow and the other is purple/white.

yellow= ground
purple/white= 12v +

step#1
take the yellow wire cut it!! yes i said to cut it!!
step#2
now splice longer leads on both wires,so you can run it in the cab of the truck.
step#3
get you a on/off switch,take both wires and hook it to the on/off switch.
mount the switch where ever you want it. and your done.

step#4
how to use the switch,
when the switch is ON the ecm can control the rail pressure
when the switch is OFF the rail pressure will incress

hope this helps some of you guys running around with bigger sticks,and stock cp3
down pipe,headers,up pipes,egr removed,locker front and rear,ats tranny,7" bull hauler stacks,custom 3" intercooler tubes,3" intake bridge,lots of polished parts 45% over injectors,head studs,LBZ turbo intake mod,custom 4" air intake with k/n filter,heads ported and polished by ME!,custom solid motor mounts,built cp3 pump from diesel injection