Metallic grey
Model
2500hd
Engine
LLY
Vehicle
Chevrolet|2500HD Silverado

General Description

Hey y’all. I bought this truck back in 01/20 at the time it was presenting the same issues, but I was deployed for 9 months and now I’m coming back to them 12/20. So pretty much everything I’m seeing is pointing towards a head gasket. Pressurized coolant tank(cap changed) (egr deleted), hard upper rad hose before morning startup, some smoke but it also has dirty injectors from sitting, takes about an hour (literally) for it to come up to 150 ect a few days ago it did jump to 265 for some reason and I shut it down and it hasn’t come close to 170 even idling for an hour, I am always filling up reservoir it constantly is spitting out coolant and gives me a low coolant warning. I’ve seen multiple guys say they had bad thermostats but idk why that would pressurize the tank. The thing that’s making me doubt if it’s a head gasket is the fact the reservoir is clean, no soot. This is my first duramax, I’d looked up common issues before buying it but at the time I bought it I couldn’t test for any faults cause it was mid day and they’d already run it. Truck is tuned and doesn’t lack power at all I breathe on the throttle and it’s spooled up and going 100 like nothing. I’m just afraid if it does have a blown gasket I’ll mess something up putting too much power to it, and I don’t want to waste upwards of 5k on a job that doesn’t need to happen yet. Any experience or tips to confirm a HG diagnosis would be greatly appreciated! Specs: 5stage efi live, CA intake, 4inch from dn pipe back, egr delete, pcv re routed, turbo mouth piece, pretty sure it’s stock turbo but once it spools up it just starts runnin, stock injectors as far as I know.7C014C1C-54EA-483D-B397-C0F338EB3165.jpeg

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Item information

Added by
Schneider
Views
Last update

More in Main

Share this item