Duramax Diesels Forum

Duramax Diesels Forum (https://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/index.php)
-   Duramax Tuning, Logging, and Gauges (https://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   PID files (https://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2730)

sweetdiesel 01-27-2008 04:49 PM

PID files

8 Attachment(s)
Here are some PID files that i use,some are old adn i havenot used them for a while

when building a PID file try and keep it to what ONLY you need as the less chanels selected the better the quality of data

the reason I say channels and not PID is some PIDS use up to 3 channels by only selecting one PID

Ive read a while back that Pat likes to use boost voltage....this is very cool because you only need the one pid to select, He might of even said that he thought it was a little more accurate

you can use any of these files and modify to your needs or feel free to add your own pid files to this thread, I thought this may help some of us:hug:

Note these are mostly for LLY,But can be easily adapted for the 7s
sorry bout your luck newer models:angel:

To use these files i would save them to the desktop then open the zip folder and save to my documents - EFI-v7-pids

SIKDMAX 01-27-2008 05:06 PM

Wow thank you - I was thinking of making a similar post requesting some common PIDs people use.

THANKS!

LarryJewell 01-27-2008 05:30 PM

Dang, those pid files have found a new home, thanks Simon :hug:

Mike 01-27-2008 05:32 PM

Thanks Simon, these will come in handy.

sweetdiesel 01-27-2008 05:35 PM

Larry
i just checked the trans PID,I havnt used it in so long and its only got 2 pids selected
Anychance you still have that file and if so is it different to mine

I know at one point i had everything possible selected for logging the allison..not sure why its different now?

LarryJewell 01-27-2008 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetdiesel (Post 36598)
Larry
i just checked the trans PID,I havnt used it in so long and its only got 2 pids selected
Anychance you still have that file and if so is it different to mine

I know at one point i had everything possible selected for logging the allison..not sure why its different now?

WOuld this be the file :)

sweetdiesel 01-27-2008 08:01 PM

Thanks Larry I knew there was a reason to send you all my crap

Mike 01-27-2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryJewell (Post 36614)
WOuld this be the file :)

I tried to open this pid selection but get a message that this is not valid. Are ya'll able to get it to open?

sweetdiesel 01-27-2008 08:18 PM

I just opened it Mike and then copy it into the pid folder and it worked
I got the same message at first also

Mike 01-27-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetdiesel (Post 36629)
I just opened it Mike and then copy it into the pid folder and it worked
I got the same message at first also

Ok Simon, I'll give it another try. I copied it the the PID folder in both the 7.4 and 7.5 versions. Thanks again.

SmokeShow 01-28-2008 08:47 AM

Good thread.....

Larry, please check PM's.

MaxFarmer 01-28-2008 11:41 AM

:yourock::thankyou:

LarryJewell 03-26-2008 01:12 PM

This needed to be a sticky

sweetdiesel 03-26-2008 05:51 PM

It could also use some more files and perhaps some Calc PIDs:D

SmokeShow 04-12-2008 03:29 PM

I opened the drive pressure pid and I don't see how it will log the drive pressure based on which PIDs are selected in that file?????

Also, what I have is AutoMeter's Cobalt series eetrical gauges and I'm wanting to log the following data:

EGT
Boost
Drive Pressure &
Fuel Pump Pressure

I am as lost as it gets on setting things up so that these will log along with some other PIDs that are already available. Any and all help woud be greatly appreciated. :beer: