2001 lb7 duramax fuel issues.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
You need a bidirectional scanner to shut off the injector. If you just unplug it you'll cause it to go into limp mode

Arlo75

Mar 22, 2023
Western Virginia
I've quit a job over not being able to get to work because of this truck. Now have a better job waiting on me but won't wait forever. Swear to God this truck is the devil.

Arlo75

Mar 22, 2023
Western Virginia
And can't find anyone to look at it around here. Just the one guy and he doesn't know the problem so he tells me to change fuel lines. I've fixed the only place that was leaking and it didn't change anything. The only thing that's changed anything was when I changed MAF sensor.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
well, you wanna buy some tools and dive into this thing or cut your losses and roll on with life? btw, thats not trying to be an asshole about your situation, i fully get it. More of me just seeing how far you want to go with it so we can help dive in with you.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Im not going to have you throw parts at it. this isnt going to be a fast process but you are quick at replying to it helps.

you need to get yourself a bi-directional scanner. Autels are pretty good and the chinese tech2's are real good as well. once you have that, start the process like i stated above for the engine.

for the trans, you can drop that trans pan and we can go from there while you wait on the scan tool. check the back of the trans where the electrical connector plugs into the case for oil inside that connector. it will be at the rear, right hand side, large connector.

Reactions: wydopenLb7

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
The great thing about buying the right tools to repair your own vehicle, like the Autel James mentioned, is that it is not consumed or used up in the repair. It can be used over and over and on other vehicles too. Consider it an investment that will in the long run actually save you money and be better educated on the inner workings of the vehicle. These types of purchases I don't count towards the cost of the vehicle repair

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Is there any smoke when it knocks? Could be an injector sticking open. As for the trans slipping, how’s the transfer case?

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
That -3 on the one cylinder I don't like and bet is causing your knock. Buy a nano tech 2 off Amazon for $100, that's what I use and is cheap then you can disable that cylinder and see if the knock goes away.