02' LB7 Tow Pig Build

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
wow, thats terrible! damn good thing it worked out the way it did. that would have really screwed the engine

I'm extremely glad it happened on the stand. It definitely sucks because I personally believe ARP severely overcharges for their 625s and most of their products as a whole. Xotic told me they have narrowed it down to around 5% of their XP2 supply as being an issue but have pulled the XP2 lines until that is resolved.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Yes, their SG039. My supplier had 1 in stock so I went ahead and ordered it. My non-stocked PSC box orders have been taking 1-3 weeks to ship.
What pitman arm and drag link are you going to use then since its a 4 notch set up? will you still be using a PPE 1.5" center link?

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
What pitman arm and drag link are you going to use then since its a 4 notch set up? will you still be using a PPE 1.5" center link?

My tow rig has an OEM centerlink setup. I'll be using a Moog HD pitman arm and swapping out to a Moog HD idler arm. Between those items and the DHD centerlink brace I doubt I'll have an issue. Hell, my LLY was all stock sized components with a DHD centerlink brace and sleeves ever since I got it. It's taken abuse so well and I honestly believe most of that is due to being stock height/not lifted.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
My tow rig has an OEM centerlink setup. I'll be using a Moog HD pitman arm and swapping out to a Moog HD idler arm. Between those items and the DHD centerlink brace I doubt I'll have an issue. Hell, my LLY was all stock sized components with a DHD centerlink brace and sleeves ever since I got it. It's taken abuse so well and I honestly believe most of that is due to being stock height/not lifted.
Would you happen to know if there is a warranty on the Moog stuff?

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Nice! Re-thinking my set up now.

Does the PSC steering Box have any more out put or pressure?

The PSC pump moves more volume. As for what is done inside the box besides the obviously larger components I don't know. I do know that one customer has 80k on his setup and it still is as tight as the day I installed it. I reference his pickup simply because he's got the most miles on it.

I'm adding the cooler which is overkill BUT for ~$60 it's well worth it in my opinion and it fits like it was meant to be there.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
The PSC pump moves more volume. As for what is done inside the box besides the obviously larger components I don't know. I do know that one customer has 80k on his setup and it still is as tight as the day I installed it. I reference his pickup simply because he's got the most miles on it.

I'm adding the cooler which is overkill BUT for ~$60 it's well worth it in my opinion and it fits like it was meant to be there.
Its not over kill.. In My 1500, the fluid still heats up. I purchased a larger Derale cooler I am going to install when I do the motor swap to see if it helps.

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA

Do you have a part number for it?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Got an update from Xotic. They supposedly have solved their supply issue with material imperfections and are going to be sending me a replacement set. I'll torque those onto a mockup motor/head and see what happens.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Well finally made some progress on this pig. After the broken Xotic head stud issue I ended up taking on a bunch of customer jobs and lost some time to get this completed. I’m making the push to have the truck running by the end of Feb/March at the latest to get some miles on it before flogging it at UCC this year by racing in 2 classes and dynoing in 2 classes.

As a recap, the build list as below.

Engine:
1) LBZ block
2) LB7 crank
3) Howard's X beam rods
4) Mahle motorsport non-reliefed pistons with thermal coating
5) ARP main studs
6) ARP 625 head studs
7) DHD oil pump
8) SoCal water pump bypass
9) Dual radiators
10) 2020 oil cooler