Bad trans Mount???

CCLB06

Jan 4, 2020
Ohio
Well, you havent replaced/repaired the bent sheetmetal brace between the lower control arms under the oil pan. That definitely needs to be done.

yeah that’s next on the list. I wasn’t to worried about it since it wasn’t affecting anything. Not sure what this has to do with my question though. Does my transmission look like it’s leaning? Are they supposed to look like that? Am I delusional 😂

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
IMO, optical illusion due to the bent front brace, plus these trucks all have a slight lean to the passenger side anyways.

CCLB06

Jan 4, 2020
Ohio
IMO, optical illusion due to the bent front brace, plus these trucks all have a slight lean to the passenger side anyways.

Okay, I have a buddy that has an LB7 I’m going to look at his truck and compare it to mine. These pictures are from the front end, it’s not leaning towards the passenger side at all, it’s leaning towards the driver side.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
My bad. Full fuel tank can cause truck to lean to drivers side unless you've adusted the bars accordingly.

CCLB06

Jan 4, 2020
Ohio
My bad. Full fuel tank can cause truck to lean to drivers side unless you've adusted the bars accordingly.

the truck itself doesn’t appear to be leaning, Just looks like the transmission is leaning. I’m trying to figure out why and if this is a normal look. The only way I’d be able to confirm if it’s normal is if someone else posts the exact same picture I have posted.

fajitatone

Almost Stock
Jul 6, 2007
WA
www.fajita.net
2f39e6fff4d129af8ba59f788eaedc1c.jpg

Looks right to me. I have deep pan. The rest is stock.

CCLB06

Jan 4, 2020
Ohio
the truck itself doesn’t appear to be leaning, Just looks like the transmission is leaning. I’m trying to figure out why and if this is a normal look. The only way I’d be able to confirm if it’s normal is if someone else posts the exact same picture I have posted.
2f39e6fff4d129af8ba59f788eaedc1c.jpg

Looks right to me. I have deep pan. The rest is stock.

No shit, that’s strange. Well makes me feel better now 😂 I wander why they sit like that- it blows my mind.

Reactions: fajitatone

CCLB06

Jan 4, 2020
Ohio
AND it leans AWAY from the drain plug. WTF?!?

right I don’t understand that. But what’s funny is all the aftermarket trans pans- the drain plug is on the side the transmission leans too. So that leads me to believe they are supposed to have a lean to them.

fajitatone

Almost Stock
Jul 6, 2007
WA
www.fajita.net
right I don’t understand that. But what’s funny is all the aftermarket trans pans- the drain plug is on the side the transmission leans too. So that leads me to believe they are supposed to have a lean to them.
time for an aftermarket pan. Wife's gonna love that. I already want the PPE oil pan.

Reactions: CCLB06