2017-2019 T87A shift tables

DPC

Jan 2, 2012
Adams, TN
Are the part throttle shift tables active? Using HPtuners trying to raise part throttle shift points, no luck changing them do far. Thanks .

DPC

Jan 2, 2012
Adams, TN
Had a PPEI trans tune which raised WOT shift RPM but did not seem to change part throttle shifting based on the data log. I've been testing another tune with no luck raising part throttle shift points. ECM tables seem to be much more responsive to changes. Anyone been playing around with L5P tuning yet?

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Shane phinney does on here. Knows his stuff pretty good. Maybe he will chime in

DPC

Jan 2, 2012
Adams, TN
Have a trouble ticket in with HPT to try and sort this out. Sent them two data logs, one in normal shift mode and the other in tow haul. Big difference in shift points even though the tables are identical in the tune.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
The shift strategy does change in tow haul but has little effect in normal modes. I think all formats of tuning missed a few items. I can’t prove it but I think they assumed each operating system was the same and didn’t confirm the success of data modification across all systems. A50 and T 87 controllers suffer from the same problem. Some OS can be manipulated and some you have little success with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Had a PPEI trans tune which raised WOT shift RPM but did not seem to change part throttle shifting based on the data log. I've been testing another tune with no luck raising part throttle shift points. ECM tables seem to be much more responsive to changes. Anyone been playing around with L5P tuning yet?
Do you really think someone is going to give you this info? Go work for it.

Reactions: ParagonBuilder

DPC

Jan 2, 2012
Adams, TN
The shift strategy does change in tow haul but has little effect in normal modes. I think all formats of tuning missed a few items. I can’t prove it but I think they assumed each operating system was the same and didn’t confirm the success of data modification across all systems. A50 and T 87 controllers suffer from the same problem. Some OS can be manipulated and some you have little success with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That seems to be the case with this OS. I made some drastic changes in the normal part throttle shift tables with no change in shifting. I'll post the info I get back from HPTuner.