Oil filters

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Ok, I'm going to be the odd man out here but I tend to run Fram. Granted they are the though or ultra guard and not the cheaper ones. Easy for me to find locally and priced well. Especially if I'm picking up the T6 at walmart too

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Ok, I'm going to be the odd man out here but I tend to run Fram. Granted they are the though or ultra guard and not the cheaper ones. Easy for me to find locally and priced well. Especially if I'm picking up the T6 at walmart too
I actually did some research on oil filters not too long ago, and the guys at bobistheoilguy.com (super huge oil nerds there) speak very highly of the fram ultra synthetic. I would never run the old orange fram though.

Reactions: Mickey D

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I actually did some research on oil filters not too long ago, and the guys at bobistheoilguy.com (super huge oil nerds there) speak very highly of the fram ultra synthetic. I would never run the old orange fram though.

That's why I run them. both are synthetic and highly regarded. I always take a look at that site if I'm unsure. Some smart cookies there for oil related information

Reactions: Bdsankey and JoshH

Lanky

Jun 1, 2015
Never thought I'd hear a fram recommendation. I may have to look into that. I always used acdelco and mobil 1.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Baldwin on my oil and fuel filters
Nic dont keep any secrets with josh!

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mickey D

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
Is this a price thing or is there really that much to gain in an oil filter? The $10 AC Delco has never made me think about going elsewhere.

Reactions: Pure Diesel

Mikey52

Sep 20, 2018
I used to read that sight years ago. About 2005 when I bought my tractor. It was revealed back then by a guy doing oil filter cut opens like the guy on duramax forums. When he showed that the fram was an extremely cheap built filter he was banned. They moderated the thread to take out any thing that any one said bad about fram filters. Go to duramax forum and look for the oil filter shoot out thread. If you weren't a paid tapatalk or paid forum member, you got quite a few fram filter ad's.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I used to read that sight years ago. About 2005 when I bought my tractor. It was revealed back then by a guy doing oil filter cut opens like the guy on duramax forums. When he showed that the fram was an extremely cheap built filter he was banned. They moderated the thread to take out any thing that any one said bad about fram filters. Go to duramax forum and look for the oil filter shoot out thread. If you weren't a paid tapatalk or paid forum member, you got quite a few fram filter ad's.
I'm not arguing that what you're saying isn't true, but this guy made a post back in 2008 saying Fram is junk and is still making posts on the forum as recent as last week. I literally typed "fram is junk" with a site specif search of the forum, and that is the first thing that popped up. I'm sure there is more.

Reactions: 2004LB7