New Work light That I really like.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I’ve never really been happy with the work lights out on the market. It just seems like they never get light where you want it. I found this light months ago before starting my head gaskets and I absolutely love it. Battery life could maybe be a little better, but works good for me. It’ll charge your phone to supposedly, but I don’t know how well that works. I tried it once, but maybe I was doing something wrong. Reading the instructions would probably help.

Attachments

• D0AA6343-8854-4E10-BABA-E90B62F13A3E.jpeg
    D0AA6343-8854-4E10-BABA-E90B62F13A3E.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 60

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I have one similar to what's listed. Got it from my MacTools guy. LED with magnet mount. Recharges via USB. Battery lasts quite a while. Its bright as hell and works very well.

slowlml

Undercover Epa agent
Feb 6, 2015
Strasburg Va/Wardensville Wv
I have one similar from Milwaukee i use when under vehicles and under the hood if i dont use a clamp on overhood light. Its usb chargeable and holds the battery for quite some time even on the highest setting.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Is the magnet strong enough to hold it where you want it?

It sticks to the sheet metal on my 06 good as long as you have it sitting pretty flat. The base isn’t very compact, so when you try and stick it in a curved fender well it’s not so great. But I was always able to find somewhere I could stick it in angle the light the right way or clip it on a wiring harness.

Wonder if dozerboy is getting a kick-back.:unsure::p
$$$$

Nobody asked if I was sponsored.... i’m too ugly to do a YouTube channel so I got to capitalize on social media somehow...lol

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
My truck has a coated bed and the magnet doesn't stick too well to it. But there are plenty of hooks and loops in the bed and the light mounts anywhere. I am very happy with it.

Reactions: Dozerboy

dndj

Boost!
Apr 13, 2019
Oregon
I've heard great things about the Astro lights, and the original Klein light discussed in this thread looks really nice too.

FWIW, Harbor Freight has a similar thing, lists at $40 but comes on sale regularly for $25 or so in their ads so it's a pretty great deal. They have an aggressively strong magnet at the base. The pivoting light head and USB charging is nice, but I wish it ran longer than ~2 hours on high.

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
I've heard great things about the Astro lights, and the original Klein light discussed in this thread looks really nice too.

FWIW, Harbor Freight has a similar thing, lists at $40 but comes on sale regularly for $25 or so in their ads so it's a pretty great deal. They have an aggressively strong magnet at the base. The pivoting light head and USB charging is nice, but I wish it ran longer than ~2 hours on high.

I have that Harbor Freight light and also the one that has the wand, flashlight head and tiny spot light. For the sale prices they’re good. Don’t know if I’d pay full price for them. Magnet is strong for sure. I like that it’s small and I can stick it under my tops side creeper and lights up what you’re working on pretty good.

ShopSpecialties

Jun 4, 2008
Grass Range, Montana
I have the same Hazard Fart light going on 2 years. I am honestly surprised it still works considering I have dropped it at least a dozen times from around 10'. The battery that comes with it is not very good so I replaced it with a much better one.
f7db6bcd77cf76903646c8a4d6fcba3a.jpg
cfcf278866bbd5493f8ceed2ecf72cd7.jpg

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
I have that Harbor Freight light and also the one that has the wand, flashlight head and tiny spot light. For the sale prices they’re good. Don’t know if I’d pay full price for them. Magnet is strong for sure. I like that it’s small and I can stick it under my tops side creeper and lights up what you’re working on pretty good.
I love this light but also only bought when it was on sale. I used it yesterday to replace the fuel hoses on the passenger side. worked great.