How's everyone doing with this virus crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Welp got a email from my sons therapist. My boy gets a 2 week vacation, because he might have been exposed there. Pray for me y’all, because I get to hold him down 24/7 for the next 2 week so he doesn’t beat his own brains in. Instead of him getting the help he needs, because he might get sick. Before COVID I had an autistic little boy who loved to play with daddy and get tickled. Now he has so much separation anxiety from being with my wife so much that he punchs, knees, and slams his head into whatever whenever anyone but her comes around.

If you think nails on a chalk board is bad think about the sound of your kid punching themselves In the head over and over. Much more of this and I’m gonna need therapy.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Sorry I feel your pain. My daughter is blind and slightly autistic. She is the same way without her friends. It just makes me sick to my stomach how some people want to believe this garbage because they don't like one man. I dont like him as a person but he damn sure cares about America and keeping it first! It absolutely blows my mind people will burn down a country and put others in harm and hurt kids because of the hatred. I would never have believed this 1 year ago. I'm not sure how they sleep at night. Then they tell us its for are protection. LOL Yeah it sure is.

Reactions: Dozerboy

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Well, I can now say I survived COVID. I never officially tested positive, but I was in very close contact with 3 people who did test positive and showed just about every symptom associated with the virus. The symptoms started the Wednesday before Labor Day, and by Friday, I was feeling pretty bad. I was already starting to feel much better by Tuesday, but I still haven't fully regained my sense of smell. The 3 people I was exposed to have all recovered and seem to be doing ok also (ages are 40, 62, and 71).

Last edited:

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Wait so he screwed this up so bad, but was blasted by democrats for shutting down travel to China? Way before any mask mandate or The Democrats would even acknowledge that the virus was a concern for us.
The virus doesn't care about political association, but lets review some important facts and dates for the fun of it. On February 7 Trump knew how deadly the virus likely was, because the leader of China called him personally to explained it. That's the date and details in Trumps own recorded words.. However 3 days later he was telling Fox News that it was no big deal and would go away very soon.. So there is your answer about Congress not doing anything... Then he continued to allow travel from all other countries besides China, and now we know, besides the first few cases noted in CA, the strain of the virus that spread throughout the US was actually from Europe.

From CDC Website:
From January 21 through February 23, 2020, a total of 14 cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) were diagnosed in six U.S. states, including 12 cases in travelers arriving from China and two in household contacts of persons with confirmed infections. An additional 39 cases were identified in persons repatriated from affected areas outside the United States.

Continued introductions of SARS-CoV-2 from outside the United States contributed to the initiation and acceleration of domestic COVID-19 cases in March. After Chinese authorities halted travel from Wuhan and other cities in Hubei Province on January 23, followed by U.S. restrictions on non-U.S. travelers from China issued on January 31 (effective February 2),

NYTimes Article: On March 19, the State Department issued a Level 4 “do not travel” advisory, recommending that United States citizens avoid any global travel.
The following day, March 20, Australia closed it boarder and "banned" ALL international travel, which mostly remains in effect today. Australian DOH Website:

By this date, Australia had already implemented a mandatory quarantine of anyone arriving from outside the country. I know this because my friends daughter was on one of those late flights home from NY, and was forced to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. However, did the US ever enact a mandatory quarantine period for those arriving by air ?

Point remains, we have 200k dead today, Australia has 859 total. So who got it right, who got it wrong? Yet Trump preached yesterday at UN general assembly that China mislead us all, and should be held accountable. Because they allowed people to leave their country, even though there was no spread outside Hubei Province. Well the same could certainly be said about the US by any other country now. We never actually "stopped" anyone from traveling anywhere...

On March 6th I was setting on a beach in FL with my Australian buddy, who had full intentions of hanging out there for another month or two, while I returned to Ohio for a week or so tops. The first case of Covid in that county was reported just a day before. My buddy had a flight home scheduled the 11th, and I told him to get on that airplane because I didn't like how this was looking. I told him " I don't like what I'm hearing coming out of DC compared to rest of the world, and if anyone can screw this up, it's the U.S..." Somehow my spider senses smelled a coverup way back then. And now I'm trying to obtain a Visa to get into Australia...

Well, I can now say I survived COVID. I never officially tested positive, but I was in very close contact with 3 people who did test positive and showed just about every symptom associated with the virus. The symptoms started the Wednesday before Labor Day, and by Friday, I was feeling pretty bad. I was already starting to feel much better by Tuesday, but I still haven't fully regained my sense of smell. The 3 people I was exposed to have all recovered and seem to be doing ok also (ages are 40, 62, and 71).

Glad to hear your doing better now. My wife tested negative 3 times, me twice, but we never lost smell or taste. To this day no idea if we had it or not, but your symptoms certainly match 90% of the confirmed cases she's worked so far.

I listened to a good interview with Dr Fauci on Comedy Central last night, and he spoke about the "Covid fog" that many report lasting weeks after main symptoms are gone. That one I had. So will be intersting to see what you notice. My worst deal was multiple days with smoking hot temps of 104f, which might have also toasted a few extra brain cells. Hard to say after all the ones I've cooked off normally... :)

Reactions: fast03

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Facts go both ways! LMAO Why is it that the left always wants to talk/compare the US with other countries??? Who gives a damn about the other countries! If they are so great why the hell are you not living there instead of the great old US? Glad you feeling better Josh.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
It's ALL political, they HATE Trump and will do ANYTHING to dispose of him. That includes destroying our country, families, economy and religions. He stands in the way of the globalist agenda, we are just products to them now, disposable and replaceable...

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
How about theres only 25.5 mill people in Australia, and 331mill in the US. Less people=less cases.

Let’s throw in population density as well United States population density 94 people per square mile Australia 9. But what does population density have to do with it? 15% of our deaths in the country was in New York alone, but wait New York started a travel advisory/Quarantine the day before Australia.

You can say the United States could of done a better job of dealing with coronavirus. After all hindsight 20/20, but you can’t honestly lay at the feet of the president. Last time I checked there was three branches to the government, and we elected them all. So blame us.

Reactions: dndj and 2004LB7

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
How about New York, New Jersey, Michigan, and a few others that PURPOSEFULLY sent infected patients to nursing homes, essentially signing death warrants for those at the highest risk of infection, and doing this while the government supplied hospitals & such that they DEMANDED sat EMPTY! How many THOUSANDS died needlessly over those actions. And as to that "official" covid death count, does that still count those who died of motorcycle accidents, gunshots, and other unrelated death's, but tested positive for covid, so under the cdc guidelines they also got counted. Or how about flu deaths overnight dropping to zero. How about all theceeath's from people not going to the hospital for medical care that they needed because they were scared of catching covid, or those that died because hospitals cancelled so called "non-essential" procedures, and let's not forget depression(I know my wife has lost several students to it since covid started because of the lockdowns and it's effects).

Is covid real, yes, has it killed people, yes, could it have been handled differently, of course, hindsight is always 20/20. But to lay blame on the president because he didn't come out and set off a mass panic while supplies were already running out in the stores(I mean running out of TP, WTF), all while the likes of pelosi, biden, and other dems were saying Trump was blowing it out of proportion is beyond asinine. If Trump had sounded a massive lockdown, things would have been 1000 times worse than they got, and we would have wished our only concern was finding turd paper.

This whole thing has become a weapon for many seeking to grab power, has turned nations against themselves, setting off riots, all while china shoots us the bird having there music festivals and parties in wuhan, at ground zero where this all started, and taking full advantage of it to enrich themselves.

ShopSpecialties

Jun 4, 2008
Grass Range, Montana
Fauci publicly praised Trump in the early months saying he was doing everything he recommended so why does he get a pass and everything is Trumps fault ? If Trump would have went full dictator and shut everything down early all the clowns would have went full anarchy.

I am much more worried about catching TDS than Kung Flu since it seems to rot your brain.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
How about theres only 25.5 mill people in Australia, and 331mill in the US. Less people=less cases.
I completely agree they have approx 10% the amount of people in about same land mass as USA. So one could easily expect their numbers should land in the 600k total cases, with approx 20k deaths today correct? They aren't even near 1% of our numbers yet. Yet their population desnisty in two largest cities is close to NYC. That's my whole point..

The only people/country they are allowing in today are from NZ, who super low case numbers blows AU numbers clean away. Pays to be on an island I guess...

If we go purely by population numbers, India should have somewhere around 5x higher figures than USA correct? I lived in India from 2000-2004, and can say is not somewhere I would consider having better healthcare or pretty much anything "better" than the USA. However they still can't catch us on these figures, and actually testing way more than us today. So there is your comparisons I find amazing.

If ya go back to page 1 or so, believe I said something about this being human with technology vs a bug small enough to fit thousands on the diameter of a hair. How we handle it makes the difference in where we end up in history. It's not some huge rock falling from the sky, we have the ability to get out of the way and hide, or use science to defeat it. Yet today we are still arguing about wearing a mask?? Come on people, let the politics go and read the numbers on the wall. Our grandkids will certainly learn from this at least...

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
This whole thing has become a weapon for many seeking to grab power, has turned nations against themselves, setting off riots, all while china shoots us the bird having there music festivals and parties in wuhan, at ground zero where this all started, and taking full advantage of it to enrich themselves.
Best reply I've seen so far. :)

After 9/11/01, this country came together and set politics aside under a common goal. Every major nation around the world supported our actions, and we took care of business..

20yrs later, China kicked our asses without even firing a shot. While our closest allies have all basically told us to piss off, because we won't honor our agreements and act like we rule the world. We couldn't even get a "coalition of the willing" together again.. US, UK, AU ?? Anyone remember that one? Read their daily papers to see what they think of us now. Winning !!!

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I'm not so sure we can trust the numbers coming out of any other nation if we can barely trust our own. Our best bet is to compare state to state. I would think that many countries would like to downplay their cases or deaths to make them look better or more in control. Unfortunately we have a bunch who would like nothing less then to take down our country just to get at our president so they are willing to inflate the numbers to make him look bad

Reactions: Tool958

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Ken you really do live in a fantasy land! LOL I'm just not sure how you could drive or ride in a vehicle knowing full well it could kill you or worse yet someone else. You know just like that mask hanging from your mirror. Again its always the "SMART" people telling us peasants what we should do.

Reactions: Tool958

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Funny mentioning the "allies" telling us to piss off because we won't honor our agreements... oh, you mean the ones raping the tax payers for decades due to lopsided trade deals amungst "friends" where we have gotten the short end of the stick on literally every single one of them? FINALLY a businessman-turned-president redid some of those (hopefully more in the 2nd term) to just get the deals even for both parties and IDGAF who is pissed about it. The citizenry here is tired of bankrolling bullshit all over this globe because past POS presidents rubbed shoulders with other crooked politicians and business folk in dozens of other countries to make all of them rich in a multitude of ways. So yeah, I've got one finger on each hand up for all those POS, we're done with being used! Go piss up a rope!

And I'm still not wearing a mask. Piss off!

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
That is just BS. Imagine if the races where reversed. The whole stadium would be jumping in to help her and yelling down the cop

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
That is a case of a psycho mask nazi and an overzealous cop who believe the hype. The people are outside for cripes sake, and "socially distanced" from everyone else. See? This is the crap thats going to happen now.....in this country. Never thought or imagined Id ever see anything like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.