L5P build

mostcorey95

Jan 2, 2020
Going to refinish the car and drop in a L5P with an s467. Have the engine already looking for options for a trans manual or automatic?
4489738ace77b7982c28a4e8e0f9db19.jpg

7110ead982791280ddeaaa20e9161205.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ironmax

chock full of goodies
Jul 7, 2010
Col. Ohio
I would look into a cowel hood so you can get the motor a little higher and dont have as many clearance issues with oil pan. Why are you choosing to throw a l5p in over the others ?

mostcorey95

Jan 2, 2020
I have a twin turbo L5P right now and overall the bottom end is built a little stronger. My dually l5p is twin turbo max power it puts down over 1k hp. And on my lbz I had to spend more than what it costed me to get the l5p there. The whole car is going to get a body lift and the suspension will be raised and it will have custom drop panels made to look like it’s still the same height. Also I just got a l5p core from my local junk yard for a project that I was going to have studded and girdle installed but figured I’ll just put it in the nova.

Last edited:

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
What electronics will you use to run the engine? You should be able to bolt either a 6speed or a zf6 to it. What exactly was your question?

mostcorey95

Jan 2, 2020
Just seeing what others have done behind them. I’m doing Bosch stand-alone. It’s the same route as my race truck is.

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
Very few guys that have swapped the L5P into anything, even less that have put anything behind it other than an Allison.

What does your race truck consist of?

mostcorey95

Jan 2, 2020
It’s an lbz with three turbos set up in a two stage set up so two atmospheric turbos feeding the valley charger. Twin stroker cp3’s so cal stroker with custom crank forged and lightened, custom 275% overs and a progressive nitrous controller all matted up to a rossler th400 drag super max.

mostcorey95

Jan 2, 2020
You can probably run the L5P off of LBZ electronics in stand alone

I purchased the ecu and harness from wc fab. They were selling l5ps running on a Bosch stand-alone. So I had them order me an engine harness and ecu. It wasn’t that expensive. The drag truck is getting switched over to motec.

sharp customs

Dec 19, 2020
I purchased the ecu and harness from wc fab. They were selling l5ps running on a Bosch stand-alone. So I had them order me an engine harness and ecu. It wasn’t that expensive. The drag truck is getting switched over to motec.

I'm looking for a stand alone for a L5p and I was told by Werli it was 10 to 15k... Crazy.

mostcorey95

Jan 2, 2020
this is going to be a cool thread! post pictures and details please :)

I will be as soon as I get the chassis welded back together since we are only keeping under the body factory otherwise it’s going to be tubular. And all coil overs to be able to launch harder.

Reactions: Jakezed22

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
I will be as soon as I get the chassis welded back together since we are only keeping under the body factory otherwise it’s going to be tubular. And all coil overs to be able to launch harder.
When youve got time post some updates please, would like to see how it turned out