Edit For Sale threads

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Admin, whats your thoughts on allowing us to continually edit our forsale threads as far as just our first posts without them becoming stuck after a while?

for instance, in my forsale ad, i like to update my first post to what i have left after things sold. this worked yesterday but as of today, im unable to edit my original post so i have to added another post near the page end to say what i have left.

just a thought, hope you all had a happy new year and santa was nice to you! :D :hug:

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
The board is setup to not allow editing about 24hrs. The problem is I can't allow a longer time in just the Garage Sale area. The 24hr limit was setup so that if someone decides to be a cry baby and wants to leave the site they can't edit all of their post of all of the content; say replace everything with just a number 1. This would screw up a lot of threads depending on how active they were.

You would be surprised how often people get butt hurt and want to be deleted along with all of their posts. We don't do it but they are sometimes persistent.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
The board is setup to not allow editing about 24hrs. The problem is I can't allow a longer time in just the Garage Sale area. The 24hr limit was setup so that if someone decides to be a cry baby and wants to leave the site they can't edit all of their post of all of the content; say replace everything with just a number 1. This would screw up a lot of threads depending on how active they were.

You would be surprised how often people get butt hurt and want to be deleted along with all of their posts. We don't do it but they are sometimes persistent.

i got ya rob :hug:. just figured id ask :D

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now

Yeah, James gets butt hurt easily!! :D:roflmao::woott::hug:

Yellowchevy

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

I seem to remember someone doing that a long time ago.

James, best bet is to just quote your original post and then change it to match whats left.
I'm just glad you were selling the exact things I needed for my 04 engine/trans at a reasonable price. :thumb:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yeah, James gets butt hurt easily!! :D:roflmao::woott::hug:

Yellowchevy

only when you call. cause im sitting on my ass for 2 hours as we talk! :roflmao: :hug:

Bummer, that was a good idea James.

dont tell Russ that. He takes my good ideas and calls me a week later acting like they were his ideas :D

I seem to remember someone doing that a long time ago.

James, best bet is to just quote your original post and then change it to match whats left.
I'm just glad you were selling the exact things I needed for my 04 engine/trans at a reasonable price. :thumb:

Any time Tom. i should have posted it sooner, Jon (Fastpunker) was flying back from here to MI and i could have just given him your stuff. free shipping! :D

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
only when you call. cause im sitting on my ass for 2 hours as we talk! :roflmao: :hug:

Don't tell Russ that. He takes my good ideas and calls me a week later acting like they were his ideas :D

Any time Tom. i should have posted it sooner, Jon (Fastpunker) was flying back from here to MI and i could have just given him your stuff. free shipping! :D

You know me all to well James!! :D:D
Don't forget you only answer the 2nd Thursdays theres a full moon!!!:thumb::D

Yellowchevy