Another G solenoid question

diesel-don

Jan 11, 2015
WNC
Swapped a Built trans into my Lly. Getting G Solenoid code. After some research i have found this is a 2003 trans from an LB7 pre G solenoid. I found that this is an issue with the swap that can be remedied a few different ways.

1)swap valve body with lly transmission.
2) swap the internal harness with an LLY. Plug in a G solenoid and zip tie somewhere inside pan.
3) Contact Rob(autocal) and have him create tune with 03 TCM OS to flash into truck to disable solenoid
4) Contact Rob (auto cal) and ask him to disable solenoid in LLY OS.

What is the best option and will flashing an older os limit any other functions of LLY like fast idle or towing with cruise control?

Is it safe to drive the truck as it is? I tried to do a fast learn with Solus Ultra and the code prevents me from completing it. Is there anything happening other than the check engine light? Could I just clear taps and do some driving to allow it to relearn until I repair problem?

Are there any other options , could I somehow flash the transmission without bothering Rob? I understand my autocal is linked to ATP but do I have any control over TCM without interference with EFI Live tunes?

Thanks in advance.

diesel-don

Jan 11, 2015
WNC
2003 operating system in the Allison is the best shifting OS there is. I run one in my lly and flash all my customers with it.

Okay. Is it possible to somehow flash the TCM without interfering with my tunes? I only have the autocal version of efi live.

diesel-don

Jan 11, 2015
WNC
I just talked to Rob. I did not realize that the tcm has nothing to do with his tunes on autocal. Is there another way to flash this truck. I have a solus ultra an autocal and a nice laptop. Not sure which Dustin your talking about but ATP is a long way from me.

diesel-don

Jan 11, 2015
WNC
Is there another way to flash the tcm? Should I just go to the GM stealership and have them flash it for me? Thanks again.

diesel-don

Jan 11, 2015
WNC
Hard to get a dealer to flash It with a Vin that isn't the trucks.

10-4. If the dealer is no help do you have any other suggestions?

How hard is it to replace the harness and install g solenoid?

Can it be done while the transmission is in the truck?

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Do you still have your old transmission? If so and you don't want to or can't flash the TCM with non G solenoid OS then just pull the pan and swap in your old internal harness and plug your old g solenoid in as a dummy.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Is there more than one 02 os? I'll have to try it out compared to my 03 os I'm running now.
Theres three 01 OS's, two 02 OS's, and then the 03-04 LB7 OS, next the 04 LLY, and I believe 05 LLY got another one. Also there is several different segment variations of each OS for each year, but unfortunately EFILIVE doesn't show us what tables are different to show the segment differences. The 03-04 LB7 OS did drive well in my BURB, and shifted nicely, but I felt it was always changing how it shifted and relearn every little change in my driving style. I really like the 02 OS, but I always got loud clicks out of my trans during the 3-2 downshift with it. The 01 OS shifts nicely all around, just wish it had the lockup tables mapped out in it.

gtmax

Apr 9, 2008
If I'm not too late on this one call George at Suncoast he can probably fix you up with a G-Solenoid body with solenoid and perhaps a used lly harness for the price of a stamp. Just bolt this on your VB and replace harness and it'll cure the computer's P02810 search code. If you've already solved the problem great.

diesel-don

Jan 11, 2015
WNC
If I'm not too late on this one call George at Suncoast he can probably fix you up with a G-Solenoid body with solenoid and perhaps a used lly harness for the price of a stamp. Just bolt this on your VB and replace harness and it'll cure the computer's P02810 search code. If you've already solved the problem great.

I found an easy solution. Find the VIN from a truck that had the factory TCM OS that you want. Go the Chevrolet service center. Ask them to flash to the vin you want (not your trucks VIN)

NO MORE CODE OR ERRORS! As long as it's the same TCM.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!