Blown LMM

AZdmax

Sep 6, 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
Hey Guys,

I'm new to the whole forum thing. I have question about replacing my LMM with a new long block or rebuilding.

Does anyone know of a good mechanic in the phoenix area? I took it to a local shop and they want to install a new GM long block. To be honest I don't have the 14K they want to fix it right now.

Any suggestions on buying a GM long block or remanufactured block?

Thanks in advance from a newbie!

AZdmax

Sep 6, 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
I was driving down the freeway and it started missing. I pulled off the next off ramp and then it last power and banging loudly.

I towed it to a shop here in town. the tech tried starting it and they said something internally was wrong, but did not tear into it. just said to purchase a long block and install it.

It sounds like metal to metal when starting it.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Copperhead Diesel out in Mesa is your best bet. Sean deals mainly in dmax stuff and is very fair on pricing. Tell him James that owns the Limo dmax sent you, he will take care of you

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Too bad its and LMM I think I will have a built short block or long block for sale soon, carrillos, fingers, colt cam all the goodies. and if so desired a ported set of LBZ heads.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
You guys do realize the o/p sounds like he's looking for stock shortblock, right?

O/P, you can rebuild what you have for under $5K, depending on how much needs to be done. It sounds like you broke the crank, though.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You guys do realize the o/p sounds like he's looking for stock shortblock, right?

O/P, you can rebuild what you have for under $5K, depending on how much needs to be done. It sounds like you broke the crank, though.

That's why I sent him to Sean. He can do a full stock motor fix up or go all out should the op choose

DangerDog

Jul 11, 2010
Mesa AZ
This is why I should probably check the forums more often lol. Spoke with OP a few days ago, I'm not sure it's an issue requiring replacement of the engine but we'll have to see it in person to determine that for sure.

To OP, if you do need an engine or feel like undergoing it yourself, I would avoid Jasper engines and would stick with either a GM long block or find a junkyard take-out around town with low miles if you're trying to save some money. Let me know if there's anything we can do to help, lots of good info on this forum too.

AZdmax

Sep 6, 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
Just an update on the motor.

We decided to go with a Mild built motor with EFI live, PPE race valve, lift pump, DPF and EGR delete.

While its getting the motor done a Cognito 10-12 lift and 37 toyos.

I'll get pictures up when it's all completed. I don't see many RCLB with this combo.

AZdmax

Sep 6, 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
Sean at Copperhead.

I want to thank James for the recommendation and Sean for patiently waiting while I decided what to do and save up the money for it.

Can't wait to get it back.

AZdmax

Sep 6, 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
The motor is in and the lift completed.

Just have to finish a few things and it will be back on the road.

Want to give a big thanks to Copperhead Diesel Performance for all the great work they did on the truck and G&M Motorsports for installing the lift.

Here are a few pics of the truck.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Sean at Copperhead.

I want to thank James for the recommendation and Sean for patiently waiting while I decided what to do and save up the money for it.

Can't wait to get it back.

any time :hug:. Sean is a great guy to deal with :D