Parasitic draw

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Sounds more then just parasitic draw. That would be quite a bit of current to kill a set of batteries in two hours. Like burning up the wires. Or glow plugs stuck on

Have you had your alternator checked and batteries load tested?

Reactions: Pure Diesel

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
What's the point in this thread? Your vehicle should be under warranty.

If you wish to diagnose the problem, use an amp clamp or put a capable meter between the battery post and cable, give the modules a few minutes to shut down and note the amp draw. Start pulling fuses and see where it starts dropping off at

Reactions: 2004LB7

dblnautspi

Feb 24, 2023
Ky
Sounds more then just parasitic draw. That would be quite a bit of current to kill a set of batteries in two hours. Like burning up the wires. Or glow plugs stuck on

Have you had your alternator checked and batteries load tested?
I have replaced batteries and alternator I can remove wire feeding fuse box and it goes away i have pulled all fuses in all fuse boxes but draw is still there have disconnected glow plug controls and most of the connection but draw is still there I’m at a loss any suggestions is greatly appreciated

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
You could probably leave every power accessory on a vehicle on, and you still wouldn't kill the batteries in 2 hours.... Hell I got a 1000W stereo that barely kills them in 2 hour with the truck off.