Tuning idle hiss out

Nov 27, 2022
I have a 2004.5 lly duramax that I am trying to tune out the turbo hiss at idle for good. I have no idea where to start but I’m trying to see if this is achievable by 1. sending out my ecm to get this done or 2. using my ppe economy tuner to do so. Everything I’ve read so far says that efi live would have to be installed, just trying to see if there is a different way.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
It would need a custom tune. Wether you decide to send it or have it tuned locally, good luck finding someone who is willing

Nov 27, 2022
Okay and that consists of the 5 dial and programmer? To my understanding I’d have to download the tunes to the efi live device once purchased correct? Like the tuner comes with no tunes
There is zero other way than an EFILive tune which you can send your ECM out to be flashed for.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
just an FYI, the hiss never 100% goes away. you will have the rumble for a while at idle, then a quick blip to a hiss and then back again to rumble. its the vanes doing a cycle to make sure they are working correctly.

Reactions: 2004LB7

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Okay and that consists of the 5 dial and programmer? To my understanding I’d have to download the tunes to the efi live device once purchased correct? Like the tuner comes with no tunes

You can do a single tune where only vane position is changed, can do single tunes with different HP levels (IE you can decide you want a 60, 100, 120, 150 etc tune), or you can do a DSP2 or DSP5 style tune.

Like James said it will never go away 100% of the time, it'll be off for a bit then cycle itself as that is how GM wrote the base logic that EFILive software does not have the ability to change (to my knowledge).

Nov 27, 2022
You can do a single tune where only vane position is changed, can do single tunes with different HP levels (IE you can decide you want a 60, 100, 120, 150 etc tune), or you can do a DSP2 or DSP5 style tune.

Like James said it will never go away 100% of the time, it'll be off for a bit then cycle itself as that is how GM wrote the base logic that EFILive software does not have the ability to change (to my knowledge).
The little hiss cycle is okay, it does the cycle now from hiss to rumble for a second back to hiss which I don’t mind. Last question is do you guys have any idea what kind of price that is to have say a 60 hp and 100 hp tune with that rumble? I’ve done some research on the efi live and I’ve seen prices ranging from $300 ish all the way to over a grand. Sorry for all the questions lol

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
The little hiss cycle is okay, it does the cycle now from hiss to rumble for a second back to hiss which I don’t mind. Last question is do you guys have any idea what kind of price that is to have say a 60 hp and 100 hp tune with that rumble? I’ve done some research on the efi live and I’ve seen prices ranging from $300 ish all the way to over a grand. Sorry for all the questions lol
I don't know as there are no tuners left within the USA due to big brother shutting them all down or forcing them behind closed doors.

I would start looking to places like Canada for tuning.

Reactions: turbovan
Nov 27, 2022
I don't know as there are no tuners left within the USA due to big brother shutting them all down or forcing them behind closed doors.

I would start looking to places like Canada for tuning.
Okay. Thanks for the info I really appreciate it