Trans codes after bumpy road!

matt72580

Aug 31, 2011
OK, this is a weird one. 2006 Silverado 2500HD 189k only trans mods are a transgo JR shift kit a few years ago. Went hunting and up a very bumpy road for about 10 miles, very very slowly. Came back down the road again very very slowly and went to town. When I got back on the road to head back up the trans went into limp mode and I had no speedometer. I have an edge monitor so I cleared the codes and drove to town with no speedo. Bought a VSS and replaced it. Got my speedo back. All shifted fine until the trans warmed up and now I'm getting 3 codes. P0762,P0776,P0777. If I let the truck cool down I can start and drive it normally until it is warmed up then at the first stoplight or stop, back to limp mode. I've always done regular maintenance and the tranny fluid is full and good color. Anyone ever seen this?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
2wd or 4wd? is the electrical connector coming out of the back of the transmission wet inside? when was the internal and external filters changed?

matt72580

Aug 31, 2011
4wd, I do the filters and fluid every 60k or as close to it as I can. The last service was about 20k ago although I did just pull the pan and change the filters and the fluid. While checking solenoids for hanging and all looked great and shuttles are smooth. The connector has a little fluid in it. I can't see this to be a problem as all of the wiring and solenoids are submerged internally and Trans fluid is a terrible conductor.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
4wd, I do the filters and fluid every 60k or as close to it as I can. The last service was about 20k ago although I did just pull the pan and change the filters and the fluid. While checking solenoids for hanging and all looked great and shuttles are smooth. The connector has a little fluid in it. I can't see this to be a problem as all of the wiring and solenoids are submerged internally and Trans fluid is a terrible conductor.
one would think that but it has been documented many times that fluid in the connector is usually accompanied with codes and bad transmission behavior. it may not be related to conducting through the fluid but maybe causing a bad connection. that connector was not designed to have fluid in it

new connector often times solves the issue

Reactions: DAVe3283

matt72580

Aug 31, 2011
one would think that but it has been documented many times that fluid in the connector is usually accompanied with codes and bad transmission behavior. it may not be related to conducting through the fluid but maybe causing a bad connection. that connector was not designed to have fluid in it

new connector often times solves the issue
I had a modified valve body on order so I installed it. Figuring if it was a valve issue that this would remedy the problem. Re-programmed the TCM with a new tune and no change. Starting to suspect a bad TCM or wiring issue down the line. Time to start ohming out wires and looking for shorts.