Vehicle fuel/maintenance log software?

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Does anyone know of any good fuel/maintenance log software? I found 'Simply Auto', which seems pretty good, but what I'd really like to find is something that has an android and PC version, that can sync to each other, WITHOUT 'the cloud'. I don't want my data uploading to 'the cloud'. Ideally, something where when the two devices are on the same network, they sync, even if that sync is a manual process.

Does anyone know if any such thing exists, or should I just stick with 'Simply Auto' and see what 'workarounds' I can find?

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I have used Fuelly in the past but that is based on the cloud/web server. I don't think what you're looking for (LAN syncing) exists as everything I've seen for apps/software like that is cloud/web server based.

Reactions: 2004LB7

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
I have used Fuelly in the past but that is based on the cloud/web server. I don't think what you're looking for (LAN syncing) exists as everything I've seen for apps/software like that is cloud/web server based.
That's pretty much what I was afraid of. Everyone's so gaga over 'the cloud' :rolleyes:. The cloud sucks.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
You can run something like Nextcloud so you have all the files yourself, but that requires a bit of technical know-how.

If you don't need two-way sync, but will do all your editing on the phone, you can use a tool like SMBSync2 to back up the file to your computer every night when you are on your home network.

I use both of the above to reduce how much of my data is in the cloud. But the price you pay for privacy is giving up some convenience.

Sent from my FlashScan V2 using Tapatalk