LMM stand alone loss of power no codes

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
I went on a 50 mile jog this afternoon, and it ran well and I had made those changes and now I am only pulling U0106 and P0381 codes.
I do have U0106 set to "not reported no MIL" so it must be the wait to start lamp failure causing the MIL.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I went on a 50 mile jog this afternoon, and it ran well and I had made those changes and now I am only pulling U0106 and P0381 codes.
I do have U0106 set to "not reported no MIL" so it must be the wait to start lamp failure causing the MIL.

yes, it can be turned off in the DTC list. its set to 2 trips before reporting a MIL

Reactions: Mogman

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
yes, it can be turned off in the DTC list. its set to 2 trips before reporting a MIL
Yep,turned it off and did a tune flash and both codes went away and the MIL light is off! two trips must be why it did not appear right away.

THANKS to all for the help!! I will give it a good test Saturday when I run down the FWD section of South Padre Island, probably not too far, as it is 60 miles one way to the Mansfield cut where you have to turn around and drive 60 miles back to the pavement!, and towing fees can cost well over a grand!
I will still work on getting some valid logs to see where I need to "tweak" it.
Craig

Reactions: kidturbo

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
Had a real nice run to the beach this morning, turned over 1150 miles on the conversion, no limp!! the 4WD worked flawlessly, with almost 800lb more weight on the front axles it really bogs down in the soft stuff in 2WD, and really performs well in 4WD, I did get a MIL just after hitting the road at 5AM, I just ignored it until I got home and pulled a P0128 code temp below thermostat or some such thing, I had that on the other tune and had it defeated, will do that on this one also, I can watch the temp modulate from 185-192 deg (indicated) as the fan clutch kicks in and out so I don't think it is running too cold, seems to happen before the engine is fully warmed up.
Turns out it was "beaches and jeeps" weekend there were a ship load of jeeps on the beach, might go back tomorrow just for kicks!

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
Interesting! From what I could glean from the bulletins the issue may be the incorrect calibration of the MAF like I am hitting her too hard when cold.
I have still not found out what the original intake ID is where the MAF is mounted, I guess it would be easy enough to pull the intake from my other LMM and try and measure it, getting that correct should really help, although a little confusing, mention was made earlier that the 4" I am using is larger than stock, I would assume being larger it would read low as the velocity of the air would be slower, It appears mine is reading high.,.,

Ron Nielson

Oct 11, 2009
Berryton, KS
MAF for most LMM's read 37-40 GM/sec at idle. Mine is just a little over 37. Other people have reported a little higher, depending on other equipment changes, exhaust, etc.

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
I have been eliminating the codes as advised, the last ones before today was the alt L lead, the AC codes and the fuel level codes.
I ended up abandoning my weekly trip to the beach this morning as the DuraVee kept going into limp mode and giving me a P2463 Diesel particulate soot accumulation and a P0403 EGR control circuit codes., I could also smell raw diesel so I assume it was trying to Regen.
So I came home and deleted the P2463 and P0403 DTCs, I also turned off the EGR and DPF control under engine management and went for a 25 mile test drive and all seems well again. one wonders what will pop up next or when, at least this time I was getting some codes to explain the limp..