Info: Door handles

remisdad2014

Feedah!
Oct 4, 2018
Maine
Does anyone know were to find some steel or aluminum door handles for my 01 crew cab?:confused: not like the cheap plastic ones that keep breaking especially with the doors freezing shut. :mad:

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
^^^ those or the denali and Escalades came with metal handles instead of plastic.

When i put handles on my moms 03 escalade (first year of the new body style caddy), they were just chrome plastic. maybe the later models got them?

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
When i put handles on my moms 03 escalade (first year of the new body style caddy), they were just chrome plastic. maybe the later models got them?

Not sure? The ones I bought were polished aluminum, I thought forsure they came off of a black Escalade? That was many moons ago though so who knows now...

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
GM never made them that way. They are all plastic. Even the ones that look polished are plastic and plated.

There is a few companies that offered billet style ones. AMI Styling has a complete billet handle https://amistyling.com/
or like mentioned above the Grippin Billet Series with stock or custom inserts if that is you thing.

Last edited:

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
GM never made them that way. They are all plastic. Even the ones that look polished are plastic and plated.

There is a few companies that offered billet style ones. AMI Styling has a complete billet handle https://amistyling.com/
or like mentioned above the Grippin Billet Series with stock or custom inserts if that is you thing.

Looks like AMI makes both the handle and bezel in billet. Wonder if this could be a stronger option for us...

Could get the bezel powdercoated a texture satin black and it would look nearly OEM.

remisdad2014

Feedah!
Oct 4, 2018
Maine
Looks like AMI makes both the handle and bezel in billet. Wonder if this could be a stronger option for us...

Could get the bezel powdercoated a texture satin black and it would look nearly OEM.

I am thinking this option as well when my truck is complete it will be a painted using scorpion lining.:thumb:

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard

There pretty well built. I pulled a set from a truck I parted out. I am not sure where they ended up other wise I would pull them out and show you.