wtf? need help asap (yukon axles)

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
i ordered yukon axles and a grizzly locker from randys ring and pinion and they came in today. got the carrier in and setup and went to put the axles in and they are way to damn long! i asked them 4 times to make sure they knew they were for a dmax and they said yes. on the tag it says 34.4-39 inches? do you have to cut them to length? the splines are real long and when measured to same length as stock, it looks like the same amount of spline will be on the axle as stock. i dont want to go cutting shit if its not the right axle. we didnt find out about it until after they have already closed. thanks

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
i ordered yukon axles and a grizzly locker from randys ring and pinion and they came in today. got the carrier in and setup and went to put the axles in and they are way to damn long! i asked them 4 times to make sure they knew they were for a dmax and they said yes. on the tag it says 34.4-39 inches? do you have to cut them to length? the splines are real long and when measured to same length as stock, it looks like the same amount of spline will be on the axle as stock. i dont want to go cutting shit if its not the right axle. we didnt find out about it until after they have already closed. thanks

they could be for the dually axle ? if the same amount of spline is there after i would cut them myself ( if you even can , are they hardened ? ) , may want to get with Yukon though , it would suck if the voided any warranty as a result though .

dmaxlover

Mar 17, 2007
WI
I'm about 90% sure you have to cut them to length. Use a abrasive saw to make the cut, and make sure to use a squirt bottle with water to keep the part cool as you cut, then deburr as necessary.

seth999

Wheeewwwww!!!
Jul 1, 2009
Corbin,KY
for some reason that doesnt sound right...I've ordered alot of axle parts for different things a never had to cut em...it may be that they arnt going in as far in the locker as the stock carrier...im thinkin they are for the dually axle maby though...maby you do have to cut em but if so thats weird id take em to a machine shop n have em cut if you do

Last edited:

jneal

Feb 12, 2008
Bloomington, Indiana
They are cut to length axles. Measure and cut them to stock length. This I am 100% sure of. The tag sayng 34.4-39 is the min and max length the axle can be cut to. AFAIK yukon does not sell a 30 spline axle for a duramax that is not cut to length for a SRW duramax.

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
thanks for the replys, i cut one tonight, it was a pain in the ass. ill cut the other in the morning.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I have 2 sets of the 4340 axles from Randys here. the SRW set is.
14T 10.5" & 11.5" GM 38SPL 4340 (34.8"->38.8")(8x3.563") all LH & RH SRW part number is YA WGM14T-38-38

The other set is DRW.
14T 10.5" & 11.5" GM 38SPL 4340 (38.2"->42.2")(8x3.563") Fits most DRW part numer is YA WGM14T-38-42

I was told they would have to be cut to fit on some truck's along with boring out my axle tubes with the boring bar they sent me for the biggier axles and locker.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Cut it..

attachment.php

Attachments

• yukon.jpg
    yukon.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 102