what's a good utah tranny shop

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Yea put some weight on it and run frm Boise to Courdelene and see what happens???????

Yea because NOBODY ELSE can build an Allison like mike. I'm sure the second any "weight" was hooked up to a Kelly built trans that it would crap the bed....NOT!

Yes mike is good, but guess what, so are other people...including kelly.

I am so sick of hearing that there are only 2-3 people who can "build" an Allison. Just cause Kelly doesn't have the reputation mike has, doesn't mean he doesn't know what he is doing.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Cknight so what you got with kelly is that about what other shops would give you for the price or did you get more or less.

Same thing other shops will give you for pretty much the exact same price +/- a little...Kelly is local, and Kelly knows what he is doing. If you want your trans built...and cant/dont want to do it your self, then Kelly is who I would go to.

davig

Jun 28, 2012
west jordan, utah
I would like to do it myself. But I don't think I want to take the risk of screwing it up. And I would honestly rather keep it local to support local shops but at the same time I want it at a fare price and have it done right even if it cost a little more.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
Shop from Idaho falls that has a mobile trans service. I'll pm you with details.

Jackblack99

Oct 18, 2012
Nowhere
Got a buddy in Ogden that has a shop. He's pretty good. Give him a call and tell him Chaz sent ya.. Outlaw Diesel 801-648-7287 ask for Kortney

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Cknight so what you got with kelly is that about what other shops would give you for the price or did you get more or less.

Mine cost me $4400, GMAX 6 kit, 1056 converter, deep pan, and the labor and all the other little parts. Kelly even noticed one of my U joints was seizing up so he replaced it free of charge.